• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

TEASER : New tool in the hood

Started by wouanagaine, June 01, 2007, 01:26:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarbyW

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

JoeST

Its not only him thats waiting :(

:D

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

xxdita

Obviously, everyone wants to get their hands on the XTool, but as beta-testing draws to a close, we won't be adding any new testers anytime soon, as Wou is tied up with RL for a bit.
Of course there are bound to be a few exceptions, here and there, but unless your name is iLive, I wouldn't hold my breath.  $%Grinno$%

JoeST

I wasnt requesting the tool ;), but I kinda guessed at that happening :D

And thanks for the info on Wou's situation

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

FrankU

And I thought I was too stupid to find the download link....

Still waiting and hoping.

BarbyW

Don't even think about asking until at least after the end of August as Wou is on holiday until then.  $%Grinno$% It is close to finishing but not quite done yet.

FrankU

Ok, I will not think of it....

(Trying not to think of it................................ no!............................. Don't ................... think................................................. Think of pink elephants!........................................................... Don't think of.................................................................................It is really hard to do!)

Jack_wilds

Hey Jack wilds here,  so whats up? any progress? any closer to release or a better idea to when to look for it?   ()what()  its just that it all looks so promising :thumbsup:, wets the imagination... ya know?

Pat

well jack I know just like everyone else I cant wait for the X-tool for public release but as the old saying goes around here is that "it will be done when its done"...  As Barby pointed out on the 4th of August that
QuoteIt is close to finishing but not quite done yet.

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Jack_wilds

Jack_wilds here...

Quote from: Pat on August 29, 2008, 05:55:17 PM
well jack I know just like everyone else I cant wait for the X-tool for public release but as the old saying goes around here is that "it will be done when its done"...  As Barby pointed out on the 4th of August that

knowing that 'it will be done when its done', I asked any way ???, not to be a pip or anything mind you... just wanted to know what was happening...and I did wait 'til after august

Quote from: BarbyW on August 04, 2008, 04:30:59 AM
Don't even think about asking until at least after the end of August as Wou is on holiday until then.  $%Grinno$% It is close to finishing but not quite done yet.

err perhaps not...opps :P

Later, Jack

SimFox

not having direct access to the XTool but whiching to have realistic stats for buildings I set to try to figure out the mechanics of it's working by looking into the Exemplars created with as well as into the available articles ( "X" Tool: Capacity Calculations and Floorage"X" Tool: How to Create a Growable Lot).
My goal was to understand and emulate with some scripting formulas used to calculate Occupancy, Building value, Worth and Bulldoze cost, Pollution and consumption. Occupancy turned out to be the easiest Since it has been mentioned that is depends of the volume of the building, floorage requirement were published and some info on Filling degree had been given.
But I've also found some inconsistency or mistakes in Occupancy calculations, or in information given about it here "X" Tool: Capacity Calculations and Floorage. If calculated accordingly the occupancy will not be same as from XTool. These formulas (with filling degree of 0,5) also claim to emulate the occupancy given by PIM, wrong again. Either PIM doesn't use filling degree of 0,5 as claimed, or the floor hight is 3 not 6m... But this is a minor thins as I, one way or another, now have formula for very precise number

Pollution, value and consumption on the other hand seems to be the mystery shrouded in the deepest of fogs! First of all looking at the Maxis originals there doesn't seem to be any FORMULA as to the either of the pollution type or the wealth type. Some larger buildings seem to have less pollution the smaller one. and relation between each type also changes a lot. So I'm particularly curious as to what sort of calculations are employed by XTool... We all know that PIM is completely bananas about these numbers and should be trusted at all.

RippleJet

Quote from: SimFox on September 15, 2008, 04:13:37 PM
wrong again.

Yes, you are! :D

Quote from: SimFox on September 15, 2008, 04:13:37 PM
Either PIM doesn't use filling degree of 0,5 as claimed

Maxis PIM doesn't know anything of a filling degree, so if you don't multiply the volume with 0.5...
that's the same as having a filling degree of 1.0.

SimFox

I just remembered that you've mentioned that Filling degree 0,5 will give same stats (occupancy) as PIM. So I just assume that PIM is set (by default and without explicit mention) to the Filling Degree on 0,5.
Well anyway I have sorted out occupancy problem with getting some sort of formula for Pollution and consumption. So far all my attempts had failed... :(

IamMcGee

Where can i get this amaizing "X" Tool  app?

Diggis

Quote from: IamMcGee on November 24, 2008, 01:23:38 AM
Where can i get this amaizing "X" Tool  app?

You can't yet.  It's still in development.  Some members are testing it, and if you wish to have something modded using it (IE a CAMelot) then PM either Barby or Tage to see if they can help.

BarbyW

It isn't yet publicly available but we have hopes that it won't be too much longer before it is.

toxicpiano

I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

BarbyW

callagrafx

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie