• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

TEASER : New tool in the hood

Started by wouanagaine, June 01, 2007, 01:26:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!

Mr Stephen that is such a wonderful view.... I do to know whats on my Christmas wish list..........

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

jeronij

...  ??? ...  &Thk/( ... ...  :o .... fantástico  &apls ¡¡¡¡
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Heblem

thats truly amazing.... a new lot editor is that?!? please make it a much better and flexible than maxis one! many many thanks!

xxdita

I am really looking forward to this wonderful program. A quick question for those that have tested it so far... How steep is the learning curve on this?
I think at first I'd like to start with just making some downloaded buildings CAMpatible, but if it's not too daunting, perhaps start making my own lots.
Excellent work on this Wou.

RippleJet

I am pretty sure you would find it rather straight-forward, xxdita, especially if you have ever used Maxis PIM before.

Besides, a certain mademoiselle is making an excellent tutorial for the beginners! ::)

JoeST

I wonder who that is...  ???  :P

Now

WOW thats looking OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO so awesome.... can you calculate pi with it?? lol

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

LoneRanger

This looks like such a powerfull tool that I actualy turn scared thinking about using it when it's ready.   :o
Great job Wou.  &apls

Now with Serkanner uploading those prop cataloge's does that mean it might get released in the near future or
am I making wrong asumptions that one has to do with the other?
[it wasn't a question, just thinking/asuming out loud]  :D

TheTeaCat

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

dragonshardz

I can only hope that this works on Vista. It would be a shame to get all  %BUd% about this and have it not work.

RippleJet

Quote from: LoneRanger on November 07, 2007, 10:22:22 AM
Now with Serkanner uploading those prop cataloge's does that mean it might get released in the near future or
am I making wrong asumptions that one has to do with the other?
[it wasn't a question, just thinking/asuming out loud]  :D

They have nothing to do with each other! $%Grinno$%

Quote from: dragonshardz on November 07, 2007, 02:43:56 PM
I can only hope that this works on Vista. It would be a shame to get all  %BUd% about this and have it not work.

Wouanagaine is developing this tool on a machine running Vista...
And he is trying to convince the rest of us to switch into using Vista as well... $%Grinno$% $%Grinno$% $%Grinno$%

M4346

Quote from: RippleJet on November 07, 2007, 03:44:42 PM
And he is trying to convince the rest of us to switch into using Vista as well...

Run that by me again on my deathbed, maybe then I'll be desperate enough to try it. :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Tarkus

Quote from: RippleJet on November 07, 2007, 03:44:42 PM
And he is trying to convince the rest of us to switch into using Vista as well...

I've actually been toying with ditching XP . . . for good old Windows ME. :D  As much as people complained about it, I actually had very few problems with it when I was running it--far fewer than Windows XP SP2.

At any rate, wouanagaine, this is truly, truly fantasic work, as always.  Your tools have really improved the entire community's SC4 experience.   :thumbsup:  But I'm not switching to Vista. $%Grinno$%

-Alex (Tarkus)

Pat

Quote from: RippleJet on November 07, 2007, 12:54:09 AM
I am pretty sure you would find it rather straight-forward, xxdita, especially if you have ever used Maxis PIM before.

Besides, a certain mademoiselle is making an excellent tutorial for the beginners! ::)

Hmm would that happen to be the BSC/LEX Goddess ?! 

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

BigSlark

Quote from: Tarkus on November 07, 2007, 03:55:50 PM
I've actually been toying with ditching XP . . . for good old Windows ME. :D  As much as people complained about it, I actually had very few problems with it when I was running it--far fewer than Windows XP SP2.

At any rate, wouanagaine, this is truly, truly fantasic work, as always.  Your tools have really improved the entire community's SC4 experience.   :thumbsup:  But I'm not switching to Vista. $%Grinno$%

-Alex (Tarkus)

Don't do it Alex! Go back to Windows 2000 instead! I still miss 2000, I went to XP for better wireless support in 2004 and wish I still had my 2000 disc now that its up to SP4. Heck, if you're REALLY adventurous give the new Ubuntu Linux distro Gutsy Gibbon a try. It has smoothly installed and recognized all the hardware on 5 different computers in the house, ranging from a Intel Quad Core system to a tired Gateway Pentium III laptop.

Apparently SC4 runs well using W.I.N.E., the problem is the other fun programs that are used to create custom content. I haven't had the time to configure W.I.N.E. for SC4 yet, but its on my to-do list after comprehensive exams on the 30th.

Cheers,
Kevin

sebes

Quote from: RippleJet on November 07, 2007, 12:54:09 AM

So, there is hope for me as well ??? .....   &hlp
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

lonedog62

Haven't heard much about the status of this new tool lately, although I have seen that it is getting used (by testers I'm guessing). What's happening with it? When can we expect to see it?

jmyers2043

Hello Lonedog

There is no schedule that I know of. And there hasn't been much new for us either. Wouanagaine is the lead programmer. He is having RL at the moment. Traveling I think. I am using beta 54. There is a beta 55 but it's not been uploaded for us to use yet.

As far as a plug in manager? There are two bugs that I know of that will be fixed in version 55. As far as a lot editor? I've only seen pictures just like you. 

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

wouanagaine

What a better day than my birthday to revive some old thread ?

Don't ask when it will be public, as with NAM and others, it will be when it will be

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Diggis

Wow... looks exciting.  Wish I could use it.   :D

BarbyW

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original