• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

romualdillo's little BATs & Problems

Started by romualdillo, May 21, 2014, 09:53:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankU

I think the roof textures and the wall textures are great aas they are now. Very convincing roof tiles and dirty blind brick walls.

Simcoug

The texturing and colors are much improved... this will be a great set of BATs! 

romualdillo

Thank you all for the nice comments!!!

FrankU and vortext: I changed the colour of the yellow house only a bit to see if it looked better. I think it's OK now and will be the definitive version (finally!) And yes, I plan to do mirror versions of all the models I've made (other colour versions too, maybe).

noahclem I oversized them already, and they did'nt look very bad. I know that most of details get lost while rendering. I've been thinking about HD rendering for some time, but I don't have 3dsMax at the moment. As far as I have worked with the program, I couldn't understand very much about it. It seems to be too complicated for my knowledge and skills. I see that everybody is now rendering in HD or doing HD versions of their models and textures and I would like to do so, but I'm not sure if I can get through that. Perhaps I should download 3dsMax and Bat4Max and make an attempt with the 3ds models from sketchup, but first I have to learn how lights work in 3dsMax. (I fear being too ambitious and get overwhelmed. See FrankU, I still have problems :D)

FrankU

I must add that I am not in favour of HD. It looks good, sutre, but it takes HD space and CPU time and all...
Maybe I should put one of those SSD's in my computer after all...

romualdillo

My computer said: NO.
I'm sorry to say that 3dsMax runs extremely slow in my computer, so I have to resign and go back to good old Gmax. I didn't want to continue working without testing rendering with 3dsmax, but I don't have the possibility yet. Perhaps I'll try to do it again when I buy a new computer, but for now I'm going to render all the buildings in the old way. I hope to upload  new images soon.

EDIT: Installing Bat4max had an unexpected issue (for me). Now it seems I can do HD rendering in Gmax. I want to know if it is worth doing it. (I still don't know if I really can export in HD or if it's only a preview)

It looks incredible for me, but as FrankU it takes a lot of space and resources...

romualdillo

Well, this is becoming an endless story... Some aspects of the model didn't convince me, so I changed the textures again. I searched a bit and found this tutorial by BarbyW and gascooker: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=5230.0

I think it looks better now. I'll use this tricks even if I finally render SD.

romualdillo

This is the progress on the four houses, I hope you like it. I think I'm going to render them HD finally. What do you think?

Simcoug

The details really bring the buildings to life - well done! 

The SD/HD debate is an endless one among the SC4 community, so I'll just leave that decision up to you.  One way you could make both parties happy would be to render the models in both HD and SD and let the users decide.

I'm really impressed by how quickly these have improved!   :thumbsup:

vester

Really nice work here. Lot of fine details.

One thing I haven't seen on a lot of bats, valley gutters.  :thumbsup:
Have been thinking of doing some myself, but have given up. :P

FrankU

You are definitely not the quick and dirty type. They are great!

Kergelen

Great improvements in the textures from the first images :thumbsup:

Links to SC4 websites

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

romualdillo

art128 Thank you! I'm glad you like them!  :)

Kergelen Thanks! I still need a lot of time to change every little detail, but I'm trying...  :-[

FrankU Hahahahaha, well... I found that a bit dirty is OK!  ::)

vester Thank you! About the valley gutter, I didn't know how to solve the roof encounter, and that was the easiest way I found. I'm glad you like them!!

Simcoug Thank you very much!! As we say, the devil is in details... I was thinking to render them both ways, but for the development stage I will use HD, because it helps a lot to improve the textures

And now, day and night view of the first model, I hope you like it (and please tell me if you think there's something I can improve, your comments help me a lot!!)

eugenelavery

What part of the world are these buildings from? Seems like they could work in many different settings.

FrankU

Quote from: romualdillo on June 10, 2014, 04:42:35 PM
FrankU Hahahahaha, well... I found that a bit dirty is OK!  ::)

Your dirt is close to perfection!  :P

kelis

I can see how you are improving just looking these two page of your thread  &apls I really like how looks your models, especially for those roof and walls textures, great job mate.
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

vortext

Good improvements indeed, curious to see them in game!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

noahclem

Beautiful progress  &apls  They're looking awesome in HD  :o

romualdillo

noahclem Thank you!!

vortext Thanks!! If everything is Ok now, the next update will be an ingame shot.

kelis Thanks!! I searched a lot to find a good texture for the blind walls, perhaps it's not perfect but it's OK.

FrankU Thank you very much!!  ;D

eugenelavery Well, I think these models could work in Mediterranean inspired areas (specially Spanish), Spain, Portugal and Latin America as they're not from a specific site.

And here come day and night shots from the other models!!!

The next images were done with "neutral" interiors. I don't know which will you like most. I find these better than the others as I found them a bit strange.

What do you think? The colours seem to be more saturated as they really are because of photoshop issues.

Now, all the models redered in SD to compare...

I hope you like them!!!   :)

noahclem

Looking great  &apls  Can't wait to get my hands on these beauties!