• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Reddonquixote's International BAT Thread

Started by reddonquixote, August 16, 2015, 02:31:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bastet69008

For some reasons, some parts of the message didn't show up... :angrymore:

DEFINITELY THE CHRYSLER BUILDING AND THAT'S MY FINAL ANSWER!

reddonquixote

Well, its been a long time between updates, I hope you didn't think this was going to be a dead-end thread  $%Grinno$%

I'm pleased to say the modelling is now 100% complete and I'm slowly, but surely, starting on the textures.

Just to keep your interests piqued, here's a little preview of the grand entrance. More to come soon  ;D

Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

Simcoug

carlfatal

bombardiere

Yes, wait a minute ... agree ... Is this still SC4? :)  You know that for a SC4 BAT you don't need that much detail ... :D

Anyway, this is not going to be a great work. This is going to be a stupendously great work.  :thumbsup:

art128

This is one of those case when you wish Simcity4 had a pedestrian view... Such a high level of quality in the details... Splendid!

And don't worry, on the lack of updates.... You can not beat Girafe or Simfox.... :D
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

JP Schriefer

Awesome, very well done! Can't wait to see the entire building :)

matias93

Well, this looks way better than in real life, I think that's a BATing milestone

by the way, I don't know how to resize the image, help...

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

Unconstantean

wow just wow  &apls
indeed it would've been nice if we had the cameras from CS implemented in SC4

seraf

It looks beautiful, I can just imagine how magnificent the whole building will look :)

reddonquixote

Thanks everyone  ;D :thumbsup: Yeah, it's a bit frivolous, but I like to make models for my own satisfaction. Then they become BATs  ;D

Anyway, here's the next bit to show... It still needs a bit more work but I will need to review it in the context of the entire building once I get more of the textures done.

Here is that iconic spire:

Let me know what you think  :)
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

belfastsocrates

Gorgeous! The colouring and textures are superb
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

kelis

I have no words to describe this masterpiece...It's one of my favourites and you are doing an amazing job here...

&apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

romualdillo

deora

This....is....AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! &hlp &apls
Love the shiny Metal Textures you used.This will sure be one of the Main Attractions in my New York Region :popcorn:

metarvo

With buildings like this, who needs these new city games?  This is great!  It's unbelievably crisp.

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

vortext

The detailing and textures are outstanding!  &apls

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Odainsaker

Omigosh, it's magnificent!

Hmmm...I can't help but think it is missing something...what could it be...

...Quetzalcoatl's Nest!

Err, maybe "Q the Winged Serpent" can be a seasonal prop or automata.

Dragons do like shiny things.

Girafe

Amazing roof  &apls &apls &apls

Maybe to turn a little bit down the shiny effect of metal to fit perfectly in sc4 environment  ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

vester