• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your afflatus

Started by wubo223, May 21, 2008, 12:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wubo223

I just quote a Chinese boy's afflatus ,enjoy!

You could try this link http://www.simcity.cn/thread-28673-1-7.html to see the detail!

Q-Tips

frdrcklim

Dr. Gregory House once said this.

"No offense, but either you're getting smarter or I'm getting dumber." (from S2E24)

What is an afflatus?   :-[

Nice pic btw. I have a flora painting myself. I used scorchins flora to make a painting and the trees. I only did that once. You wanna see?
300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.

M4346

From Afflatus:

QuoteAfflatus is a Latin term derived from Cicero (in On Divination) that has been translated as "inspiration." Cicero's usage was a literalizing of "inspiration," which had already become figurative. Literally, "inspiration," like "afflatus," means "to be blown into" by a divine wind. As "inspiration" came to mean simply the gathering of a new idea, Cicero reiterated the idea of a rush of unexpected breath, a powerful force that would render the poet helpless and unaware of its origin.

In English, "afflatus" is used for this literal form of inspiration. It generally refers not to the usual sudden originality, but to the staggering and stunning blow of a new idea, an idea that the recipient may be unable to explain. In Romantic literature and criticism, in particular, the usage of "afflatus" was revived for the mystical form of poetic inspiration tied to "genius", such as the story Coleridge offered for the composition of Kubla Khan. The frequent usage of the Aeolian harp as a symbol for the poet was a play on the renewed emphasis on afflatus.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Pat

That is very intresting how that face turned out!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

krbe

So, it's supposed to be something new, like solutions we've never seen before? On a non-SC note, I think the Chinese smilies takes that prize $%Grinno$%

superhands

well this looks like the best place to put this so...

some fsh editing.