• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Modular Castle - My first big project

Started by Naryanna, February 20, 2007, 11:38:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naryanna

Hi again!

I have exported model (in low) just for the sake of testing the lights and model in SC4 environment (roof textures in final export shall be repaired, same goes for barges). Here are the pics:

And found another problem that I will need to resolve (the pic has been significaly brightend up so that the problem is easier to see):

Any suggestion about that would be very welcome.

Edit: Just notice that with this post the tread moved to second page... The answer to those who adviced and comented this thingy before this post are on previus page. Thank you.)

jeronij

Hello Narnya, we have a solution for these "puzzle" pieces...

How you get rid of the glitches between pieces

but as the main drawback, you would not be able to plop the buildings alone.... &mmm

Btw, I like the progress of this project. Great !!!
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Naryanna

Hi jeronij ! Thanks on the advice. Well, I guess I will have along with the drawback. Better that than nothing at all. I was thinking thow... maybe I should remove the side barges or put them futher inside. Some experimenting should be good. But well... even if building could not be ploped alone... Making another set of windows to add it with model would be easy to do and well... then there would be 2 models... one for plloping alone and the modular one.  ()what() How does that sounds?
Tnx very much!

A Btw. of my own: I adore your work! <- had to say it

kwakelaar

If you want to plop your buildings side by side you will need to strictly limit the size of the LODs to 16m, 32m etc.

jacqulina

coming on beautifully my friend,excellent work and detail &apls

rooker1

I really like the detail in the new version of the building (compared to the first).  Great work, I look forward to see some more progress.
Call me Robin, please.

Archangel

awesome job narya baby very very nice :) cant wait to see the rest

Cali

"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

Naryanna

kwakelaar: Hi! Tnx. I have done that now.
jacqulina: tnx sweety
rooker1:Thank you. Well, I am showing "you" progress on this things and that means that sometimes I will show a model that has no details or at least not all that I am planning to add and I am always oppened for suggestions on that.  ;)
Archangel: Tnx sweety. Well, it will take some time, especialy because I also want to play game a bit, lol
Cali: Thank you!

About progress:

I was playing SC4 a bit but now I am back behind the "drawing board". So, today I changed the texture for barges, I believe that I managed to make roof tiles of the sime size and I have done firs ad-on for this main building. The ad-on is nothing special. It is intended just for making this part of building as long as the user would want it to have. I will add at least one more part to that will have the same function but will look different. Maybe I will make it this night.

Anyhow, here a pics so you can see it for yourself:

Archangel

&apls

Tres beautiful lovely narya i adore it :)

Cali

absolutly amazing. Are you going to plan on building like an "L" shaped addition as well?

Naryanna

Tnx Archy!

Thank you Cali and yes, I will do a "L" shape also. I was also thinking about "cross" shape. Definetly there shall be at least 2 variations for every shape piece and probably I will add another variation for what I call main central piece (piece with main door). If I will manage then there shall be also pieces for diagonals but I will not promisse that. When I will have "main building" pieces finished, then I will move to other parts of set.

Cali

cool, the cross shape would also be very interesting.

Zaphod

I like the texturing, it makes them appear to be extremely detailed
War Kittens !?

jacqulina

beautifull work my friend excellent detail

Naryanna

Tnx Zaphod and Jacqulina.

I am still working on L shaped parts (doing two at same time offcourse) but I believe that I will have some pics sometimes tonight.

&hlp Help please...  &hlp
I did wanted to ask something thow (asking all around and havent find and answer) about iLive Reader. I have problems configuring it... or I should simply say starting it. The paths that needs to be inputed are correct but I get a "no ini file" and "failed to create empty document" notice and obviously cant start the program. Can anybody tell me what I am missing or doing wrong? Please... I am totaly and completly desperate... :/

M4346

With regards to the Reader, make sure that all the files associated with it is in one directory. :) I'm not sure if that's your problem, but that's all I can think of at this time.

Good luck! ;D
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Naryanna

M4346 - Hm, it might be... I will check if they are and try again. Hopefuly the thing will run then. Tnx for suggestion!

Naryanna

I am still doing the L thing for both sides so no actual pics about that atm. but for a little brake I decided to try something that I am planning to add to different parts of this building.

So here is some detailing that I have done on one particular wall:

So... what do you think?  ???

Archangel

hokey mokey golly gee thats a darn nice wall.....render look turned out well, and im worried about how itll look in the game...remember, lots of detail is lost in the game from the render anyhoooo keeeeep it up!