• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Monas Jakarta.... my seccond project.....

Started by sarungman, March 12, 2007, 09:22:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarungman

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: yo! since i've finished with my first BAT, i'm planning to make another BAT..... this time is a landmark.....

It is MONAS.... origin from indonesia..... this building is 137m tall.... and on the top.... there is an obelisk.... radius 6m and 17m tall... and it's pretty heavy...... about 14.5 tons, with flame-shaped bronze plated in 35 kg of goldl WAW!!! &apls

i've never go there before.... so i dont have enough data to build this monument in a real dimension ()sad().....

it takes 2 days to make this builing..... and it's still messed up!!! (because this is my second bat, and the biggest one)

and the hardest part is makin the obelisk for the top of this building :-[......

i cant make it having spinning effect... as u see in the real picture......

and the last.... texture and detail..... in this time.... i still use random texture to paint my building.... i dont have any idea, what is the right texture for this building.....

()sad() ()sad()

also the detail.... i never visit this building.... i just have 2 picture of this building.... and i make this building only based to them..... i ever see this building from tv, but not in the right angle... i'm looking for bird eye view.....

i make all parts of this building manually.... because i'm not a master of this software..... maybe next 2 days... i've already finished for the detail( i'll use my feeling to make the details) .... not for the texture....

btw
does anybody have an iea with this building and wanna help me to complete my BAT???? :P

:::=:::=:::=:::=:::=:::

please wait for my return :D
-AsianEvolusioner AKA Sarungman

kwakelaar

This doesn't look at all bad from what you are showing us. No need to make a perfect replica you can also use your imagination for the parts that you don't have any photo's.

Cali

i agree, add a little something that makes it yours, i assure you, noone will mind.
"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

sarungman

hmmm.... yeah maybe u're right...... i dont have to make this BAT so realistic.... what for :)???.... hehehe..... just for make it fun, i'm still looking some data which can help me make this BAT close to real :thumbsup:

jacqulina

sarungman

:thumbsup: yo! a little updated pic from me..... geezzzz.... i have no time to finish this BAT ASAP..... still not texturing yet.... lighting also not yet.... hmmm..... i dont have an idea what kind of texture it should be.....

anyone wanna gimme an advise?

FromTheAshes

The texture is tooo bright. But I like the flame ;) pls work on the main texture.
Visit Vorsfelde.

sarungman

u sure?! i also think this BAT's texture is too bright..... hmmm.... maybe i should change th texture.... (i've never done texturing seriously :P)

sarungman

:'( :'( huh..... i think i'll delay this BAt project..... my PC cannot rander it well........

but, i have already made another BAT......
this time i make Water Pump and Water Tank....... :P

still 75% is done..... :thumbsup:

hmm..... am i right in the texture?.... i think this bat is more looks like an oil Tank..... :-[

HAH!? this side,.... the wall is too bright??!!! what happen??? :o

what do u think? is that more looks like an oil Tank or a water tank???? ???

FromTheAshes

I could render your old project... Could also search for some textures :P
Visit Vorsfelde.

sarungman

hei hei hei..... if u seriously wanna help me to render it, let me finish the building first.... there're still few part of MONAS BAT which i have not made them yet..... $%Grinno$%

FromTheAshes

Visit Vorsfelde.

sarungman

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: sure, i'll continue to build up my MONAS after my Water Tank is finished.......  :thumbsup:

kwakelaar

You should probably try to tone down the whiter textures, make them a bit darker. The model of the watertank/oiltank looks quite good.

Cali

looks bright :D i think it looks  more like a ...oil tank?
"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

sarungman

oil tank??? what the......ah..... what's the use of this BA if it's an oil tank??

i think i should re-texture this bat again.... ()sad() ()sad() ()sad()

kwakelaar

It might be a question about background, to me it looks more like a oil tank than a water tank, but if this is a watertank in Malaysia, then you are OK. Otherwise you might want to rethink how it looks.

spa

Not bad. You have an eye for the tiny details which is what really separates good bats from excellent ones. With some work on your textures these could be really great. As Kwakelaar has already suggested, the biggest thing that I think you need to do is darken your texture. Textures that look fine on their own end up much lighter in gmax and Sim City so you have to darken them to compensate. As for what the water tank should be, well honestly, from my North American eyes I thought it was an industrial tank too but if this kind of thing holds water in other parts of the world I'm sure it'll be fine.

sarungman

yup.... another project.... after finish with my previous 2 BAT's, i'm going to make another BATs which will take a part in my first upcoming MD :)....., there will be 3 BATs; PERTAMINA HQ, BALIKPAPAN PLAZA, and a big Mosque..... and they are fictional buildings, because i cannot find the real pics....

oke first BAT : PERTAMINA HQ.... 21 floors.... 4x3 tiles
explaination about this building will be available in my upcoming MD.....

phase 1

it is only main building...... i think it's too big..... ???

sarungman

Phase 2
hmmm.... a little update..... i've changed both side walls because it looked ugly before, adding window glasses... and i'm trying to do the roof now.... maybe tomorrow i'll build the base structure......