• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your shoreline/seaport

Started by Rayden, December 12, 2006, 01:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metasmurf

RickD

Looks great, Metasmurf. I like your nordic modification of the seawalls.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Mr.Lin

THE CITY OF DANYARD ! SCCN
THE CITY OF DANYARD ! SC4D (Click on the pictures below)

人们都知道的,是生活;人们不知道的,才是艺术

Terring7

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

sim_link

A test of mine. I'm starting to use more MMPs, and so I decided to start with this:

I'm not quite happy with how the trees turned out, but this was only a test. I'm happy with how the boating part of the image turned out, though.

Nice work to everyone else here, very inspiring. :)

Simcoug

Ha ha... another 'builder' joins the dark side of flora   ()flamdev()
I think you have a good start going there!  'Painting' with MMP's is really all about practice... the more you play around with the different options, the more you will discover what works together (and what doesn't).  Don't be afraid to experiment! 

@metasmurf:  that is an awesome mix of C.P./Glenni/Pegasus  :thumbsup:

Swordmaster

Looks nice, sim link. I would keep the lilies closer to the shore, though. Mixing in the vip cattails is usually a winner, too.

Cheers
Willy

sim_link

Quote from: Simcoug on November 08, 2012, 09:57:36 AM
Ha ha... another 'builder' joins the dark side of flora   ()flamdev()

Well, I joined because a guy who looks a lot like thay smiley you used there said there'd be cookies. :P [There weren't, much to my dismay...]
I'm actually seriously enjoying it - a nice break from city development - so much so that I am considering starting a side-project CJ dedicated to random work with MMPs and things outside by normal playing style. I'll have more pics soon. :)

Paul 999

Working on the inland seaport off Tilburg, at my new region.

Real location at Tilburg:
https://maps.google.nl/maps?q=51.573282,5.109115&ll=51.574269,5.118814&spn=0.022058,0.055747&num=1&t=h&z=15

Nige1976

Hi all

This is my first image upload! Its a small part of a port I have been working on for ages now!

art128

Very nice seaport recently! your inland seaport looks quite realistic, Paul! And you've done a nice work on yours,  Nige, I know what is it to work for ages on one area, the result is fantastic! [one advice though, change the water mod :P ]
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Swordmaster

Wow! That's a great port! You certainly got the scale right, and a good many railyards, too. Would love to see more of it.

I recommend PEG's brigantine, by the way. Goes very well with all kinds of terrain/climate.

Cheers
Willy

FrankU

Indeed, Nige and Paul, both very interesting seaports. Claps!  &apls

Nige1976

@art128 and Swordmaster - thanks for the feedback! I will look at that PEG mod as soon as I can. you are both right - Maxis water sucks when you are using mods like these!!

Here are a few more images (hope its ok to post again!)

Dry bulk area

Oil transfer yards and some of the rolling stock yards

Container area and rail transfer

and finally one more container loading area

noahclem

Here are a few more images (hope its ok to post again!)

By all means, please do  :D

I'll echo what's been said already--great job with the port area and nice use of rails  &apls  It's huge and seems well thought out and well put together. I've never built a real port and I'm always on the hunt for ideas  :thumbsup:

I'll differ in what I suggest for water though. As long as you're upgrading your water you might as well upgrade the whole terrain/rock/water/beach package and check out one of the modern, awesome terrain mods that include the rest of the package. I'd recommend Gobias' Berner-Oberland Terrain Mod or Lowkee33's Appalachian Terrain Mod, depending on what kind of look you prefer for your region. Both come with excellent water, rock, and beach mods and both can be found on the LEX. Another advantage of these is that they have different water transparency settings so you won't be able to see 45m/150' down into the water. You can always switch to a different water mod later and still keep one of those nice terrain mods. If you're looking for only water I'd suggest Brigantine 2.0, found on the STEX, which recycles the old PEG textures but renders them in HD (looks good in zoom 6 and has more detail) and comes in a variety of colors. Drunkapple/dobdriver also has a number of good waters mods on the LEX and STEX.

Sorry to ramble at length, I'm a bit of a terrain mod evangelist  ::)

Also, I hope you'll consider starting an MD in the future!

Swordmaster

Wow again! This reminds me a lot of my home town's port (and the place where I work) (linkie). Good job!

Cheers
Willy

Nige1976

@Noah - thanks for the direction on the diffeent terrian and water mods. Will take a look over the next few days and try and install them. From what i have seen on other peoples build it makes a big asthetic difference!

@Swordmaster - thats a good looking port area! I love the winding river estuary ships need to take to get there! Bet you have some serious tugboat action! And not too far from Rotterdam either! I have to admit to pouring over Google maps of Rotterdam when putting my port together!

solsystem

@Nige1976: Amazing seaport!  &apls

Here are some shorline pics from my city Montalaar:

Enjoy!

ivo_su

Wow what a great view of your city. Everything looks so good even the tallest buildings are listed in the best way in this hilly terrain, as in Hong Kong. And the ports just do not have words

jonno

I really like how this area turned out, so I wanted to show it off.  In retrospect, I wish I had got some traffic on the streets for the picture.  This shoreline is about the largest flat area I've got, so it seemed like a good place for some highrises.  Any thoughts?