• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Derek learns to BAT's and this is his BAT thread

Started by derek_pearce, April 05, 2007, 06:14:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derek_pearce

hi all

guess what iv learned to bat and you can see all my projects comming soon for release my first bat The Nintendo Gamecube , keep watching .

EDIT;

heres the first image of the game cube warning this is my first bat ever made so be easy on em with the comments  ;D anyways few details are missing such as the logo saying  NINTENDO GAMECUBE and the handle at the back.

Signature comming soon

derek_pearce

BUMP

here is the finished product of the NINTEDO GAMECUBE batted by me and no one else this is bat # 1 of a six lot series of game consoles by the SCUBS  and now for the pictures.

DAY

NIGHT

i still dunno nightlights so there are no nightlights yet the lot will have no dependancies and you can get it soon on the SCUEX , STEX , SCEX , and hopefully the LEX if we get permission to upload there

comments are encoraged but remember this is a SCUBS  TIOLI (simcity union bat squad take it or leave it ) so please comment nicely because this is also my first bat ever
Signature comming soon

Krio

Uum. Gamecube? Transform the Cuve into a game shop: doors and other stuff that it can be used in Sim City.

derek_pearce

okies folks spent all day on the bat and bang i created this sign for my cj what do you think

is this better or worse then the game cube please some feedback please.

Signature comming soon

FromTheAshes

Better.... And useful, who needs a gamecube in his city?
Visit Vorsfelde.

derek_pearce

this bat is 1 x 1 simcity tile  just like all the other signs now finished image soon

i took a break from the sign and began work on the SCUBS Modular drive in theater here is a preview the bat is 78% done it still needs nightlights tell me what u think  more info on teh lot to come .

Signature comming soon

kwakelaar

Why are you adding the grass to this one? It is difficult to match the colors of the grass on the bat and on the base texture.

derek_pearce

i have the texture of that grass in sc4 already  and this drive in is gonna be modular
Signature comming soon

kwakelaar

Ok, but you might want to rethink the color, as it looks a bit unatural at the moment.

derek_pearce

okay i made the props and here is how they size up to trees in the game these trees are the same size as normal maxis ones

i hope to have this prop pack released by mid next week  but i still need to bat the main projection booth
Signature comming soon

derek_pearce

okies folks just a little update here is what im currently working on

Gotham City, City hall

i spent all mourning on the bat and this is what i produced.

Signature comming soon

MsD

What you have done so far looks really great.  Although I agree with kwakelaar about the grass on the billboard BAT.  I would remove it and use a base texture from Maxis in the Lot Editor. :thumbsup:
To hate is human, to forgive and to love is devine.

Please visit my website.
Please visit my MD
Valley of the Gods

derek_pearce

dont count on anymore releases by me due to the exsesive flamming i recived at st i am quiting batting indefinatly . here is the final picture from my batting days

Thanks to all who supported me
Signature comming soon

M4346

Not to be critical, or rub salt in your wounds, but maybe you should take criticism and, what you (in my opinion) erroneously label as 'flaming' to heart and improve your releases accordingly.

I went to read what you called 'flamming' and it was actually constructive criticism. While I know I suck in the B.A.T. I'm sure that what you release is often, maybe unfairly, compared to the super BATers's work at the BSC, NHP, BlaM, etc.

I don't think throwing in the towel will do you any good.

That City Hall looks like it can be something really good, provided that you put effort into it and go the extra mile, I'm sure it can be a winner. Patience is a virtue, and time, well, time not only heals all wounds but, maybe like a good red wine, your skills will mature well with time.  :)

Good luck,

-M-
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

jeronij

Come on Derek::) , everything needs a learning curve, and for the BAT is quite steep. Take it easy, and try to learn from the constructive comments, and forget the not constructive ones.

M4346 has rightly pointed that actually, the BAT level that the people expects is quite high, so you must understand that it will take a while to get a good basic level. But perseverate, and follow my suggestion above  ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

derek_pearce

THE RETURN TO BATTING

Hey all

After much training and some encoragement from the great jeronij i have returned to Batting and im begining the SCUBS's largest Collection of BAT models i present you the

GOTHAM CITY MEGA BAT COLLECTION

11 models from DC comics BATMAN universe that exist soley in Gotham City and the surronding areas. These BAT's will hopefully be available via the STEX and SCUEX and mabye even the LEX if they are demmed worthy.The BAT's will be Batted by members of the SCUBS and me of course below is a list of the 11 buildings and places that will be included in this pack.

01 SCUBS Wayne Tower

02 SCUBS Gotham City Hall

03 SCUBS Wayne Manor

04 SCUBS Hatchet Mines

05 SCUBS GCPD headquarters

06 SCUBS Gotham City Docks

07 SCUBS Gotham Plaza (holiday Edition)

08 SCUBS Hamilton Hill High School (guest Batter)

09 SCUBS Gotham Acers

10 SCUBS Gotham City  Mega prop Pack

11 SCUBS Gotham Sign Package

Iv started to BAT Wayne tower and iv also began lotting The Gotham Docks too look for the first release of this Set on May 3rd 2007.

Signature comming soon