• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Izidor44 maps collection

Started by Izidor44, January 13, 2012, 07:31:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Izidor44

Quote from: cmdp123789 on May 03, 2012, 05:45:07 AM
I downloaded your NYC map yesterday... it is great... and the ingame quality is marvelous... Now, I see that you just uploaded a map to the stex and I was wondering if you coul make a London map for your next upload...? any chance you could make it? (London, England) and if possible can you rotate it so that the Canary Wharf matches the SC4 grid?

Hi cmdp123789,

Actually, I would be glad to map London, but there's already some avalaible stuff. Could you please check these maps before ?

http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/20975-nhp-england-map-pak-2-by-blade2k5-and-papab2000/

...and...

http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/25623-mf-london-and-metro-area/

Tell me if one of those file suits your needs, if not, specify me the area you want me to map, I will put it in my bag  ()stsfd()

Izi

Izidor44

Hi all,

Two more maps done and waiting for the rendering stage :

Detroit (Michigan)

Aberdeen (Washington)

The first is at 1 arc resolution, whereas the second is at 1/3 arc, those crispy details are real eye candy !

Cheers,

Izi

rooker1

Another set of great maps.
And the 1/3 arc is a great peice of eyecandy!

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

cmdp123789

Yeah I knew about those... In fact, I downloaded them. The problem with those is that the scale is way off... that's why I wanted you to have a try at it... I would like the map to be sc4 scaled... and if possible to rotate it so that the Canary Wharf area is aligned with sc4 grid. It would be very nice of you if you could do it,

thanks in advance...

PS (edit): I forgot, I would like the map to cover as much area as possible, key parts are westminster, canary wharf, well the city of course, and if possible the heathrow intl airport area... thanks again buddy...

sc-4

Call me Ludo

Izidor44

Quote from: cmdp123789 on May 04, 2012, 07:43:34 AM
Yeah I knew about those... In fact, I downloaded them. The problem with those is that the scale is way off... that's why I wanted you to have a try at it... I would like the map to be sc4 scaled... and if possible to rotate it so that the Canary Wharf area is aligned with sc4 grid. It would be very nice of you if you could do it,

thanks in advance...

PS (edit): I forgot, I would like the map to cover as much area as possible, key parts are westminster, canary wharf, well the city of course, and if possible the heathrow intl airport area... thanks again buddy...

Hi cmdp123789,

Thanks for your message, I thought it was better first to check with you the existing London maps before doing anything. So now, I put this project in my bag too.

I wonder if better DEM file exist than the standard 3 arc resolution, I will try to find something... ...but usually, apart from USA, the rest of the world is at this definition.

Aberdeen map is rendered :

Stay tuned !

Izi

Kergelen

Fantastic maps!

Is a pity I already have a part in my region developed.

Links to SC4 websites

Izidor44

Hi cmdp123789,

Have you noticed the new Dobdriver's London map ?

Check out there http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2794

Hope it suits your needs !

Izi

cmdp123789

yeah... so... thanks anyways... maybe we can change the london map to a different one... how about... a map of Amsterdam, but rotated so that the central station aligns with sc4 grid?? is that possible to create...??

Izidor44

Well, probably doable...

I will have a look at it.

Stay tuned,

Izi

Izidor44

Hi Gentlemen,

Some more news from the machine factory :

Schwerin (Germany)

Frazeysburg (Ohio)

This map is generated from 1/9 arc resolution datas, let's see more details :

As some maps are now finsihed, I hope now to have some extra time to study Amsterdam and Canberra projects !

Stay tuned,

Izi

cmdp123789

Great maps... and thanks for the Amsterdam requet... looking forward to it  :thumbsup:

Izidor44

Good mornin' mappers,

Detroit map is, at last, rendered and uploaded on the STEX this very morning :

As I said before, this map is probably the last US one at 1 arc resolution, simply because I can now use better datas, which are more accurate and detailed, to render US territory.

Cheers,

Izi

Izidor44

Good morning gentlemen,

After some silent weeks, the mapping machine is finally roaming again, bolts, nuts and rivets have all been checked and steam is now at satisfactory pressure.

So watch your head and your steps and come into the workshop.

Pazin (Croatia) - 3 arc second resolution
Map requested by Langtan, thanks mapper !

Happy Valley, Goose Bay (Canada, Labrador) - 3/4 arc second resolution

Jackson (Iowa) - 1/3 arc second resolution
Map requested by aspireman, thanks mapper !

Some other projects still wait before the workshop main door :
- Canberra
- Amsterdam
- Jervis Bay (Australia)
- New Orleans
- Saint Tropez (France)

Stay tuned !

Izi

Izidor44

Good morning gentlemen,

Some more news from my ol' mapping machine :

Pazin, Croatia (3 arc resolution), is rendered and uploaded on the STEX :

Jackson, Wyoming (1/3 arc resolution) is ready too :

Saint-Tropez and the french riviera (3 arc resolution) :

Montgomery, West Virginia (1/9 arc resolution)

These 1/3 and 1/9 still amaze me with all those nitty details...

Stay tuned as usual,

Izi

Sciurus

Wonderful! That's really excellent! &apls &apls  You've got a talent of mapper, it's sure!

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

c0pr4x

excellent work!!

I was wondering if you are going to make a smaller Region? Because all your maps you are doing is so big! :)

Like a Region with 6 or 8 Large Map Cities?

Keep up the good work! Very talented

Izidor44

Good morning gentlemen,

Thanks for the kind words, it is very motivating  :)

@ c0pr4x : you're right about map size but, you know, I'm like a child in a candy store ! When I generate a rough elevation map, before any work, it is usually very big, like 40 x 60 big tiles.

So, I have to crop this image and select a specific area, and it's always difficult to choose... ...I'm thinking "why not croping a bigger part ?"  :D

However, when I grab high definition datas (1/3 or even 1/9 arc resolution), files are bigger... ...then map is smaller.

Look at Montgomery, West Virginia, which is 6 x 6 big tiles in dimensions :

Stay tuned, as usual,

Izi

c0pr4x

Thx! I will try that! I'm from Montreal and i'm looking for a map of the island.. but it's alway a little too big for me ;)

Izidor44

Hi all,

This small update to show some last try at the mapping machine :

Happy Valley Goose Bay - Canada (3/4 arc resolution), rendered and uploaded on the STEX:

Santa Cruz - California (1/3 arc resolution)

Meteor Crater - Arizona (1/3 arc resolution)

I think I'm gently becoming junk about those high definition datas, maps geerated from 3 arc datas just look blurred in comparison with those. Sadly, it is a bit hard to find that standard of definition out of north american continent...

...but never say "never"  ;)

Izi