• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Lars' MD - Featuring the Zollernmark - First 2009 Update

Started by praiodan, February 09, 2007, 02:48:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thundercrack83

Fröhliche Weihnachten, Lars!

And such a stunning update, my friend! Every detail so meticulously placed, and placed so wonderfully, it's just stunning!

I hope you and your family have a great holiday!

Dustin

Fabian93

Yes, a really awesome update.
I'm a huge fan of your MD and the fact that many parts really look like Berlin make it even more great.
I especially like your "Revonnenallee" (if that was the name for the street).
Your batting AND lotting work are phenomenal, too  &apls

Keep it up and Fröhliche Weihnachten,
Fabian

iamgoingtoeatyou

Those broad avenues and cobblestone streets are wonderful, as well as though bats and parks ;D

Lilojame

Hi!

It might be you first OSITM update BUT nevertheless it is a great one! I love every single picture and can not decide which one I like the best since all are wonderful!

Merry Christmas (Vesel Božič  :P :D) to you!

Karin

Visit my MD Rainbow Falls or check Rainbow Falls Out of the Box or maybe check on my bats&lots visiting Lilojame´s Corner or if you wish go to Lilojame´s Candidacies.

"Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray."  (Byron, 1788-1824)

bat

Your Christmas Update is fantastic! Beautiful pictures of your city!

Ich wünsche dir auch fröhliche Weihnachten!!

sebes

Excellent pictures Lars:  ick wünsch dir was!

Zum start: prettige Kerstdagen en een gelukkig Nieuwjaar  :P
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

CabraBuitre

Great update!  I really love this area!

And those buildings...  They're even better since you've retextured them to all match!  Simply amazing!

Check out Abelfarei!

warconstruct

wow splendid update and superbe parc ! very good job  ;)
Province of Acadia since 2020
Province of Zillerthal (2014)
Port Aux Captes (2009-2011)
Province of Trieste (2006-2010)
Since SC4D 2007-2022

CraigKingOfIreland

Excellent pictures, the city looks so vibrant :D

Schulmanator

VERY NICE! You have a great place here. And, some buildings with which I am not familiar. Are those your work? They are very nice.  &apls
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

praiodan

Ahh, back to the Best Sellers. Even during December, when this MD was OSITM, I've always looked into this category first, when I wanted to have a look at the thread  $%Grinno$%

I hope everyone around survived the Christmas and New Year's (which I belated want to wish to be a very happy and prosperous one for every body!) jollifications :)

Okay now, but back to topic... or rather commenting your comments first  ;)

@ thundercrack83
Thanks, Dustin  :)

@ Fabian
Thanks a lot! Yes, indeed it is the Revonnenallee. But keep in mind, that it's called that way only between the Revonnenpalast and the Königsburger Tor. Behind, it becomes the Königsburger Landstraße (usually just shortened to KöLa, when someones talking about it  :) ).
And as you might have already guessed... I love to make lots of referings to Berlin when it comes to build up a city... Not the best way to show off creativity, but well, it works  :P

@ iamgoingtoeatyou
In fact that's just one broad avenue, all the others are simple avenues  :P But also a thanks to you for stopping by!

@ Lilojame
Thanks Karin! I just hoped I would have been able to update on a more regular basis and not just once  ::)

@ bat
Thanks!  :)

@ sebes
Bedankt! (is that the right term? )
Yeah, I think I understood it... at least most of it  :D

@ CabraBuitre
Hehe, thanks! Still, most of your nice words I have to pass on to swi21 and yoder7652, at least they had much more work with the models than I had with just retexturing  ;)

@ warconstruct
Thanks!  :)

@ CraigKingOfIreland
Thanks! Well, I really hope it does, because it's one of the main points to make a city look good... make it look vibrant ;D

@ Schulmanator
Thanks! For your question I'd like to redirect you to my 2th November replying post. Just have a look what I told Emperor Stormont :)

So, now... though I have holidays, I've felt rather jammed when it came to SimCity. Just a liitle bit of laying out roads here and there, but nothing really worth mentioning. But then I finally installed feroxx' new W2W package this morning... and I was in fact PLAYING for about 5 and a half hours (must be a record for me! also cause my computer usually decides to take its breakes after 1 hour or so ::) ). Though, it wasn't anything spectacular, I've been able to fill up quite some blocks, which was very satisfying! Therefore I wanted to show you a regional view of Lowangen:

While playing I also jumped over the 1-million-sims border... again, nothing really spectacular... but I just noticed while switching maps  :)

Oh, and don't wonder about missing suburbs etc. and the single buildings to be found in the middle of nowhere... I need them as orientation  ;D

Cheers!

sebes

Lars,
great region shot! I had no idea it was inland region... I thought the region had some islands too, didn't it?
Anyhow, looking forward to see what you made during those 5 hrs with Feroxx package... And now please advise: why do you need orientation in the middle of nowhere  ::)
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

dsrwhat316

I really like that avenue promanade you made in the last update; very creative Lot Editing. That overview is impressive, too. Hope to see more updates soon!

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

thundercrack83

Happy New Year, Lars!

The region's look fabulous, my friend! Congratulations on breaking the one million mark!

I can't wait to see what else you have planned here!

Take care!

Dustin

bat

I wünsche dir ein Frohes neues Jahr!

The regional view of Lowangen looks wonderful! Great work on that city! Nice development. :thumbsup:

art128

Lars , Lowagen looks great my friend, I like these islands.

Arthur.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

CabraBuitre

Quote from: praiodan on January 02, 2009, 08:28:19 AM
@ CabraBuitre
Hehe, thanks! Still, most of your nice words I have to pass on to swi21 and yoder7652, at least they had much more work with the models than I had with just retexturing  ;)

Lars,

To be honest, I'd love to get my hands on either the originals or the retextured ones... !

I can't wait to see what you've got for us in '09... I'm glad we've got a "Praiodan" MD to follow on a regular basis again!!

Check out Abelfarei!

metarvo

It's good to see that you found time for SC4 again, Lars.  1,000,000 sounds like a good enough milestone to me.  The regional map looks good.  I look forward to more, Lars.  :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Feroxx

Plazas are great, I'm waiting for more :)

kant01

Hey, your last update was quite amazing. It really looks like you spent a lot of time and detail laying everything out and filling it with plazas and parks. Its just beautiful. I am looking forward to seeing more :)