• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Official COFR Thread

Started by philly_boy, May 23, 2009, 03:44:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philly_boy

The Confederacy of Free Regions

The Confederacy of Free Regions is one of the longest-running SC4 unions on the web.
Ever since its creation over a year ago, it has managed to attract many nations,
which now number 34. These nations include:

Ankou Hills
Auburn Valley
Auvergne
Bangorai'
Bhumadi Islamic Republic
Cravaine
Cressas Islands
Diesmaran Empire
Hesland
Hiigara
Holidia and Rathlin
Hypertrophy
Kaibesia
Kenosha
Kwaiad
Lembrooke
Marshall
New California
Novland
Orisandt
Oonte Rotocco
Paranesia
Posidonia
Patadav
Raffore Islands
Republic of West Logan
Rhodea
Sectoria
Shalman Commonwealth
Tepua
Terrania
Umbrosini
Villasolano

Organs of the COFR

The COFR is run by various Organs, each one of which has a specific function and purpose within the Union.
The most important of all COFR Organs are:

The Assembly of Nations
The Assembly of Nations, or AON for short, is the main Organ of the COFR. All Acts (National, Communal or Resolutions) are discussed and voted here. Seats are distributed according to activity in the Union and country size. Secretariat members have the most seats. The COFR was built on firm democratic values and this is the reason why each nation, no matter how big, has one vote in the AON and has the right to veto Resolutions. The COFR HQ is located in the Shalman Commonwealth.

The Confederal Union of Trade
The Confederal Union of Trade was founded at the Dubfast Financial Summit as a means of promoting trade and commerce in the COFR. The Trade Union Bank is the Bank of the COFR that is responsible, in co-operation with the Confederal Ministry of Economics, for the regulation of the Enieo, the single currency of the COFR.

The Singasong Contest
Singasong was first proposed by the Shalman Commonwealth and is modeled after the real-life Eurovision Song Contest. Each nation submits a song and on the night of the Finals, the nation whose song gathers the most points wins the competition and gets to host the next Singasong. Singasong is also open to Scandia Union members.

The SkyCaptain Alliance
SkyCaptain is the COFR's Airline Alliance. The members of the SkyCaptain are well-established COFR airlines as well as spacelines, such as Imperial Spacelines and Aer Holidia. SkyCaptain destinations currently number 447 on Earth and 42 in Space.The Alliance has a fleet of 265 aircrafts and 59 spacecrafts

The Inter-Union Games

With the SU-COFR Alliance Accord, a unique sporting event was created for members of the COFR and the Scandia Union. The Inter-Union Games aim in promoting trans-union co-operation. The Games are held every four months and are the epitome of international fair play.

The Spacefleet Command and the COFR Peacekeeping Forces

The Spacefleet is the most important military section of the COFR. It is the head of the COFR Military Fleet which is constituted of numerous spaceships used to protect the COFR and its member states. The Spacefleet also has a Peacekeeping Force division which is used to calm down quarrels, wherever those may occur. The Diesmaran Empire, the Shalman Commonwealth, Holidia and the Kingdom of Hypertrophy were the founders of the Spacefleet. The Spacefleet is also in charge of the Argonautica Initiative, the first ever SC4 Union initiative for the exploration of the galaxy!

Most recently, the COFR acquired its new state-of-the-art forums, full of endless possibilities for the members of the Union. But the COFR is much, much more than just an internet database. It is a place where people from all corners of the Earth can get together and chat, create interesting storylines and communicate their ideas. Through multiculturalism, both virtual and real-life, the COFR aims in not only promoting peace, equality and democracy in the simworld, but rather to the Real World.

We take roleplaying a step further.

Links

New COFR Forums

COFR Wiki

darraghf

When I try to enter the Site, Google Chrome tells me that malware is hosted on the site. You should look over this.
-Darraghf
Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

dragonshardz

Ditto. AVAST! says that a virus/worm named "HTML:Iframe-inf" is hosted on the site. You may want to check your server's security protocols and change your page edit passwords.

Pat

Hey Phillyboy I think you started this in the wrong place whoopsie but thats OK just ask a mod to move you into the appropriate place.... Great though to see the COFR list and information on it as well!!

EDIT:

Using IE 7 no problems checking from work about any problems so it could be just them two that are having problems or it could be that my works security bites the biiig one lol

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

philly_boy

Thank you for your replies everyone :D

It appears that only Safari and Google Chrome have a 'virus' problem. I will try to remove the iFrame thing, but I have had no problems with viruses whatsoever. I have the latest version of NOD32 and I have opened the site using many computers, including the ones at my school which are like SUPER secure :P

dragonshardz

You sure? School computers tend to not have any AV software here in the US.
Quote from: philly_boy on May 23, 2009, 04:15:46 PM
<snip>including the ones at my school which are like SUPER secure :P

philly_boy

My school is a Private Greek school and its got all the anti-virus software you can imagine :P