• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cali

great work on 3rr.  i've been gone a week and it'll take me a while to catch up. but looks amazing

-Jason
"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

joelevan

Quote from: tkirch on February 26, 2007, 05:20:15 PM
David you always do some amazing things.  Do you find your computer runs any slower with all the Seasonal Trees, that is something I worry about with them?

Todd

I'd love to use seasonal trees too, but I worry about the same thing.

Joel

EDIT - Ah! I see Dedgren is posting at the same time as me! The frustrating thing is that I am off to bed because I can't keep my eyes open so now I have to wait for morning to read his brilliance!

dedgren

Are you ready for rapids that will plop into "game" water streams?

This. Is. Not. Photoshopped.

More later.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

thundercrack83

Wow, you may have developed the Rosetta Stone of ploppable water to game water dilemmas. I am definitely going to be waiting to see what happens with this!

threestooges

Let me guess: dre rapids with a transparent base texture and altered to be a water plopable? However it was done, it is going to be a real asset, offers a good insight into just how valuable the next section of the tutorial will be, and as mentioned by thundercrack:
Quoteyou may have developed the Rosetta Stone of ploppable water to game water dilemmas
. Well done.

bat

That picture looks very great, like the rapids! :thumbsup:

NikNik

Ploppable water in game water?!?!

You never cease to amaze me David.

Great stuff.

Nik-Nik

rooker1

Wow............I just went through the entire thing.  Took me an hour and a half.  Incredible scenic pictures.  Now I understand why likes this MD, great job!

I'm not going to comment on anything exact it would take too much of both our time, but from now on I will have to stop in here much more often
Bye for now......... :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Cali

love the rapids. awesome job &apls

petercintn

I am your willing and waiting student.
Carolina Tar Heels... National Champs again!

joelevan

Here is a question for anyone who might know. Is the ploppable water count towards increased value of the adjacent property? I.E. does the game 'see' it the same way it 'sees' a 'natural' river?

Joel

dedgren

I'm headed back from Fairbanks this morning.  Another -30 (F, -34 C) night.  Car started, though- that's always a good thing.

Just two quick thoughts, and I'll post again this evening.

Joel (joelevan)-

QuoteIs the ploppable water count towards increased value of the adjacent property? I.E. does the game 'see' it the same way it 'sees' a 'natural' river?

When we get to using the Reader in the ongoing tutorial, I'll take some time to explain setting lot effects.  The short answer to your question is that the "underwater" rapids are just another lot, and don't change the characteristics of the "water" as far as the game is concerned at all.  More on this later.

Todd (tkirch)-

QuoteDo you find your computer runs any slower with all the Seasonal Trees, that is something I worry about with them?

Short answer: no.  There's more to come on that topic, too.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

mrgscottc

Hello David,

I just started lurking on 3RR. I have basically been trying to catch up.  After a week of serious reading and clicking, I finally made it to the final page.  I can't say enough about the effort you have put into this.  The TOC, the insane amount of links, the very specifics details, the tutorials... just a great work overall.  It inspires me to try harder when I decide I want to start a MD.

Schulmanator

This water pic you have has ROCKED MY WORLD!! That is incredible! Teach me!

I am going to have to start saving my S&H green stamps to get me a new computer so I can have all of these cool toys in my cities. I love it!!! &apls
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

dedgren

Just in.  Took longer than I thought.

Drove past the Lion's Head, though, just after the sun went down...

That's about 65 miles/100 km east of my house.

Tomorrow's a new day.  Lots to do here.

Later.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

kalanc69

David, I am always amazed at your work. Your attention to detail is immaculate and your ability to carve out such beautiful landscapes from scratch just amazes me. I come here daily hoping to see more of your great work in progress, and I model my own city building off of what I see in your MD....

Kalanc69

thundercrack83

Some more great pictures of the Alaskan landscape. They're almost as nice looking as the landscape of 3RR!

QuoteAnother -30 (F, -34 C) night.

Wow...That is cold. When it gets to be 10°F in Pennsylvania, I don't want to go outside. But -30°? I can't even fathom that.

bat

Wonderful pictures of Alaskan's landscape, dedgren! (it's very cold at your city)

()stsfd()!!My 1000th post in an excellent MD!! ()stsfd()

Cali

hmmm -30?...me thinks ill stick with 69 or 70..... ;D

joelevan

Amen, brother! It is about 70F (~20C) in Phoenix today. Just can't do the snow.  $%Grinno$%