• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Schulmania: National Capital Region

Started by Schulmanator, September 19, 2012, 03:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schulmanator

East Tenne: 400

We're headed back to the Isle of Bruce in the Royal Quarter for a special occasion. Schulmania Volume 3 (http://community.simtropolis.com/journal/698-schulmania/) is celebrating its 400th chapter today. I am still surprised that Schulmania has gone on as long as it has. Eight years and still half of the region map has not even been terraformed yet...

The Isle of Bruce is a special economic zone located on one of two large islands in the middle of the Wirdle River. Both islands are part of the first arrondissement, District I of the National Capital Region, the Royal Quarter. The Supreme Wirdle's palace is on the south shore of the river not far away from the tallest buildings in the nation. The island is connected to both sides of the river with multiple bridges. Four of the bridges are shown below.

The 13th Street Bridge

The 14th Street Bridge

The Melbourne Bridge

The East Tenne Avenue Bridge, the largest bridge connecting to the island and the only one to span the entire river

Despite the island's having the highest density development in Schulmania, many fine open public spaces punctuate the concrete jungle. Three are shown below.

Carbide Park faces the river and is bisected by the Melbourne Bridge. This wooded natural area is a great place to romp and to pounce on unsuspecting small prey. The bridge connection to the Feline Quarter ensures a steady stream of recreational opportunities for workers and residents there.

The centerpiece of Carbide Park is Freedom Tower, a lovely tribute to the felines and allies who defend our nation against Queensferry

Stadtpark is a lovely riverfront park overlooking the Royal Quarter on the south shore. Located just east of the East Tenne Avenue Bridge, Stadtpark is a great destination for picnicking or birdwatching. Yeah, just watching the birds, right? Only watching... hehehe!

Ethan Stark, the younger brother of industrial tycoon Tony Stark, isn't really into fighting Hydra. He does like the hospitality industry. He's opened a luxury hotel adjacent to Stadtpark. Casa Cari Amici is a delightful place to stay. A lovely restaurant, Catnip Oreos, and a bar, Mason Jar, share ground level space with a spacious and welcoming lobby area.

Meow Plaza is located in the heart of the concrete jungle. It is a great public gathering spot across the street from the headquarters of Friskies International and adjacent to the Pollard Auditorium, the largest venue at the Meowtropolitan Performing Arts Center.

Dignitaries are arriving on the island for the 400th chapter celebration. Many are staying at the Alexander Inn, the largest hotel in the city. A gala dinner for 400 and reception will be held here tonight to mark the historic occasion.

Special lectures, exhibits, and other events will be hosted on the campus of the University of East Tenne - Oak Ridge (UETOR). Professor Hall will give a lecture about the significance of the number 400. Dr. Bell will present a paper on the evolution of Schulmania on Simtropolis. Dr. Franginstein will give a talk entitled "It's Alive! SimCity 4 in 2014 and Beyond." Professor Real McCoy will host a symposium to share research giving insight into how to develop chapters 401-500. Looks to be a real hoot! And there's free refreshments in the lobby!

Schulmania supporters are having a rally at the Wildcat Den Arena. The theme is "400: Rise of a Cat Empire" and will feature food, fun, games, crafts and more. Admission is free. Come on down!

This free event is sponsored by Cat Head Industries and Feline National Bank. Come to the Wildcat Den and don't forget to register for prizes!

Big prizes call for big sponsors with big buildings and big budgets. So, we end this 400th chapter with views of the largest commercial structures in the capital.

Our deep pocket sponsors have a prize for everyone to celebrate the special occasion. Just tell me you want one and it will appear in your CJ. Or, if you are CJ-less, it will appear in the replies to this entry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aSnknh2Moc

See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

vortext

Congratulations, quite an achievement!  &apls

As always it's a pleasure to marvel over your cities.  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Schulmanator on October 29, 2014, 03:18:47 AM
I am still surprised that Schulmania has gone on as long as it has. Eight years and still half of the region map has not even been terraformed yet...

:o Onward to the next eight years it is!  %BUd%
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Schulmanator

OMG! Grumpy Cat has a movie!!!

Now showing at the National Theater in District IX!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrSPuBYm-Cw
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

carlfatal

Very nice pictures in the last updates! I love this Parisian style city, nice place to walk over the roofs and hunt some pigeons...  :thumbsup:

Schulmanator

East Tenne: Putting Justice to a Vote

Government offices are located throughout the capital. Many of the most significant ones are located in the Royal Quarter and the Feline Quarter. But, all of those government offices and institutions which don't require the Supreme Wirdle's daily oversight need somewhere to be as well. Many of them are concentrated in the fourth and fifth arrondissements. District IV is known as The Citadel, as it contains a large building which sits upon a hill just like a citadel in the times of yore. A large cluster of government facilities centers around Clark Square. This cluster is devoted to education and culture. There are other clusters scattered through the Government Districts. Executive and legislative offices are in the Royal Quarter, proximate to Wirtyplace.

The aforementioned large building is destined to be the new highest court in the land. With the advent of complex business deals and general annoyances in everyday life comes a surge of litigation. Most feline justice is handled with summary dispensation of justice by members of the Protective Forces -- hissing, chasing, treeing, scratching -- but sometimes more is needed. Until recently, citizens had direct access to the highest levels of government to settle grievances. But, there's only so much justice the royal family can mete out and still have time to get stuff done. Therefore, the Supreme Wirdle has ordered a new court building to be constructed. This will be where cases not resolved by local magistrates will be referred.

Right now, the lawyers assemble at the Lionel Hutz School of Law at the southern base of The Citadel. The campus is at lower left in the picture above.

The Board of Elections has a small building at the end of the boulevard. There are not many elections in Schulmania, so the need is not there for a larger structure. The Supreme Wirdle's decree states that the name of the new court will be put to a vote of the citizens - a reFURendum, if you will. See what I did there?

You are cordially invited to cast your vote for the name of the new court. A sample ballot follows. To vote, simply reply with the name or number of your selection. Be sure you don't double post... but, you can vote as often as you like. The results WILL be binding. And then soon we will see the new highest court of the land!

vortext

Nice work with the diagonals!  :thumbsup:

As for the name of the new court I have to go for #3, obviously!  :D
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Dantes

Schulmanator

East Tenne: Holiday Shopping

It's getting to be that time of year; everyone is out buying presents. And, if you are wise and good, you are buying one for me! I've been good. trust me, I deserve a present. And don't spare any expense. Whatever necessities you deprive yourself of to buy me more are part of the gift! Generosity is a virtue! Now, what to buy me? Let's look around the capital's fashionable IIIe arrodissement. Bring your wallet!

The heart of great shopping is the Oak Ridge Mall. The pedestrian retail space has many fine items suitable for gift giving. Here's a few items you may find in the shops I might like...

A gold plated computer suitable for SC4 gameplay...

Diamond encrusted car...

But, maybe Sardine Square may be more of your speed for shopping...

Enjoy shopping indoors as you browse for gifts for me!

You could stop by the Moore Science Museum to get me something from the gift shop. here's an idea:

Hey,  there's a cat food expo! Stock up!

Hey, it's almost time for Busscastle Chocolates, too!

Explore the district... enjoy... have fun... and DON'T come back empty handed!

Dantes

Cat food expo
Very funny

Fantastic w2w work!

Schulmanator

Central Mookimia: Christmas 2014

The Central Mookimia District hosts several towns and is bisected by a large, strategic body of water. A rocky outcrop, the Schloßberg, houses a castle. The castle, Katzenschloß, is the seat of power for the district government. And it's pretty cool too. The governor has a home and office in the castle and most government functions for the district are conducted here. The Mookimia Turnpike offers transit connections to the port of Purkeyluo to the north and Franzikoi District to the south as well as direct east-west travel across the region. Doi Agaa is a cluster of homes and businesses surrounding the Schloßberg.

This year's holiday special shows the scenic town in winter. The more northerly location of the city and its distance from large bodies of water gives it a colder winter than most places in Schulmania. You can count on a white Christmas here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9LqRl7tqf4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aodDaAFC1bA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06-oUtlHnJ8

And a very Meowy Christmas to you and yours!

benedict

I'd love to spend Christmas holed up in that snowy Schloss.
Click on the banner to celebrate!

Schulmanator

East Tenne: The Academy

The leafy residential area known as The Woodlands is the capital's twelfth arrondissement and a great place to live and raise a litter of kittens. In addition to a fine neighborhood school there is also a private school - Big Orange Academy - or, "The Academy" for short. Not just anyone can get in. You have to meet stringent entrance requirements: cuteness, adorability, friskiness, and talent. It's a great campus. Let's take a look.

A statue and some fancy-schmancy gates mark the entrance to the campus. The road into the campus is named John Ward Lane, in honor of the school's founder, Sir John Ward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DhYdLHE-Gc

The campus consists of academic buildings clustered along John Ward Lane and athletic fields and open spaces along the periphery

Classes like to meet outside along the steps when it is warm. Cats do like hot pavement!

Plenty of spaces for recess time. The action is fast and furry-ous at the basketball court. On the soccer field, a team of cats all named Jack faces off against cats all named Cat-herine (get it?).

If baseball is not your style, why not try the playground? On the mound is Drew Lots, pitching to June Bug. Drew made the all star team last year, as did catcher Chris Cross. Second baseman Samwise Toastchee did as well.

The climbing tower is great exercise for growing paws and claws. The PE class heads out here often. When it rains, the class stays inside and climbs drapes.

The administration and the library are housed in Carter Hall. Behind the building is Butch Jones Plaza and its delightful Peyton Manning Fountain. The fountain attracts pigeons, who are then pounced upon.

Music classes will often perform in the Gujarat Amphitheater for fellow students and for the community

There are four academic quadrangles flanking John Ward Lane. These host all of the classes and house the labs. One is for the sciences, one for the arts, one for math classes, and the last for literacy and languages.

Come learn with us today at The Academy!

benedict

Looks like a fantastic place for napping on the grass learning.

Schulmanator

Winning

Charlie Sheen was right - Schulmania is all about winning!

Come join us for a celebration party at SchulMedia Games, Inc!

benedict

Schulmanator

A new district of the national capital is being developed!

benedict

Looking forwards to seeing where the kitties learn how to be cats.

Schulmanator

East Tenne: What Can You Get For 400K?

The Cemesto District, the 8th arrondissement of the National Capital Region,  is a primarily residential working class neighborhood located south of the Wirdle River and a short commute to the heart of the capital. The main road through the district, Calutron Boulevard, links up with two of the main thoroughfares in the city - East Tenne Avenue (District I) and Wildcat Turnpike (District VI). Though comprised primarily of low to medium density housing with a commercial strip the Cemesto District, several substantial parks give the residents great gathering places.

One of the interesting features of the area is a park with ornamental flowers. Sounds rather ho hum, doesn't it? The catch is this: these are special flowers. Glowing flowers, to be precise. Not so creatively named "glowflowers" the scientific name for them is Plutonium floridae. So, be sure to see them at night when you visit Plutonium Park!

These are the only flowers to emit their scent electromagnetically

Don't worry about it being hazardous. These flowers use a subatomic particle not hugely dissimilar to a muon. These particles, meowons, are the only EM waves known to induce purring. The scent, if you were wondering, is kind of a salmon-gardenia aroma... very popular amongst the felines! Sounds like a fun place? You betcha! And, now you want to know how you can move in? Great! To celebrate 400,000 views of Schulmania Volume 3, you can now see what you can get for 400k! Call your realtor and let's get started!

Cemesto Park is a lovely landscaped bit in the heart of the neighborhood. I am sure you can afford a home overlooking this great open space.

Homes, apartments, and condos all offer easy access to the park. There's something for everyone!

Lots of great homes are available here near the intersection of Jefferson Street and Glenwood Lane. The front yards are small but everyone has trees in their backyard- perfect for climbing!

East Village Church is a local landmark

The church is on Calutron Boulevard and sits near homes and businesses. You can get a lovely home on a street near the church. And, one of our more unique options is a dormitory (at right) for shift workers at government facilities. One of two such buildings in the area, the dorms are paid for by the Supreme Wirdle and available free of charge to the workers.

The Manhattan Projects is a bustling retail complex on Calutron Boulevard. There are homes just across the main road. If you like being close to the heart of it all, this may be the place for you!

How about a nice home by Plutonium Park? A tranquil environment to raise kittens!

400,000 buys a lot of awesomeness when you come to the Cemesto District! The Supreme Wirdle and I thank you for your continued support of the Feline Realms!

carlfatal

I should comment more often.  &ops

I mean I love cats and I love to see pictures like the one with the christmas tree  $%Grinno$%, but I also like your style of townplanning. Very nice BATs and a good eye for small things.  :thumbsup:

The last update with all the English houses, wow!  &apls

Schulmanator

East Tenne: Hall Of Justice

Government offices are located throughout the capital. Many of the most significant ones are located in the Royal Quarter and the Feline Quarter. But, all of those government offices and institutions which don't require the Supreme Wirdle's daily oversight need somewhere to be as well. Many of them are concentrated in the fourth and fifth arrondissements. District IV is known as The Citadel, as it contains a large building which sits upon a hill just like a citadel in the times of yore. A large cluster of government facilities centers around Clark Square. This cluster is devoted to education and culture. There are other clusters scattered through the Government Districts. Executive and legislative offices are in the Royal Quarter, proximate to Wirtyplace.

The aforementioned large building is destined to be the new highest court in the land. With the advent of complex business deals and general annoyances in everyday life comes a surge of litigation. Most feline justice is handled with summary dispensation of justice by members of the Protective Forces -- hissing, chasing, treeing, scratching -- but sometimes more is needed. Until recently, citizens had direct access to the highest levels of government to settle grievances. But, there's only so much justice the royal family can mete out and still have time to get stuff done. Therefore, the Supreme Wirdle has ordered a new court building to be constructed. This will be where cases not resolved by local magistrates will be referred. The highest court of the land hears cases in the Hall of Justice. We will check out this area of District IV today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1xtpsY0_LI

The Citadel, sitting in the heart of the fourth arrondissement, is capped by the Hall of Justice

Hoppyian Boulevard bisects the area

On the other side of The Citadel is the Lionel Hutz School of Law

The Office of Inspector General is just down the street from the law school

Sylvester Place is a shopping mall on the east side of The Citadel

Near the Golden Cat Bridge is the Feline Technical Institute. Researchers here have invented the laser pointer light, perfect for hours of chasing fun.

East Court is a noteworthy stop on Hoppyian Boulevard. Many lawyer cats have offices here, including famed attorney Purry Mason.

The City College of Oak Ridge is one of the many institutions of higher learning in the capital. Energy research is a focus of the science department. Here's their plans for unlimited clean energy:

The road leading to the Hall of Justice begins at the intersection with Hoppyian Boulevard and is flanked by the Lawyers' Guild (left) and Protective Forces (PROFORCE) Headquarters (right). After a short climb we encounter the Bureau of Feline Affairs High Court (left) and the Court of Arbitration and Mediation (right).

And now, behold: the Hall of Justice!