• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Laid Up Passenger Train Yards to Match Trains in Service

Started by Mr_Maison, February 25, 2013, 10:41:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_Maison

In my current region, I am exploring realistic rail engineering and making passenger rail to be the dominant mass transit solution. For the first time in my 10 years of playing history, I want to make train yards in the area of various terminal stations throughout the region. My goal is to explore as many rail possibilities taking advantage of custom rail content as I can. What I would like to see is the rail yards for passenger rail having the same trains as the ones in service for the sake of realism. I know I can get away with a variety of trains in a yard (like the ones in L.I. City, Queens, NY and the Coney Island Yard in Brooklyn) but the ones seen the most are the ones that are in service, especially in the maintenance yards.

The train set I have running in my region is blue. It looks like a bullet train. I don't want to use the red ones (matter of personal taste) but the yards I downloaded comes with red train sets for the most part. I see many mods in relation to rails but don't know what to look for to reach my goal any help is appreciated.