• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mallorca

Started by jeronij, January 20, 2008, 03:22:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wouanagaine

Great testing, it is pleasant to learn from your work

I still don't understand how/why on the last pic the canal just don't get up and line up with the street however.

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Antoine

excellent use of this cananl ( but who is the BATer ?  :D )

JoeST

OMG, completely missed this update, until now, and yeah those canals look swish, especially the sunken bits.

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

thundercrack83

Another stunning update, my friend!

Personally, I thought the canals looked great the way that you used them, but you're constant toiling and attention to detail is why you're one of the best! If you're not happy with a result, you keep working at it until it looks absolutely spectacular! And with how good the results you're unhappy with look, I can't wait to see how amazing the results you're happy with are!

I'll be looking forward to seeing what you've got next!

Dustin

nova vesfalo

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I assume your attention to detail is WORTH IT ! COuldn't be a waste of time ! This update is both funny and impressive, you've managed to make this cannal so AMAZING and finaly wouldn't be there ! (you inspire me for a liltle suburbs in TIentsin ! thanks!!)

bravo !!!!

warconstruct

wow it is with a very detailed attention that I read your MD !!your chart is splendid as well as the environment !

I am impatient to see the continuation  :thumbsup:

bon travaille  ;)
Province of Acadia since 2020
Province of Zillerthal (2014)
Port Aux Captes (2009-2011)
Province of Trieste (2006-2010)
Since SC4D 2007-2022

figui

y pensar que todo ese trabajo no se verá en la versión definitiva! sin dudas que la nueva versión va a ser mucho más espectacular (y esta ya lo era) :thumbsup:

mauricio.

and all this work won't be in the final version! i have no doubt that the new version will be far more spectacular (and this one was spectacular yet) :thumbsup:

mauricio.
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

tooheys

QuoteThose are WiP (Work in Progress) pictures, and this is not a road, this is the pre-placement for the stream

A rather square stream then  :D Only kidding, point taken & I see where you are heading with this.

The canal work is great and I am curious to see how you manage the feed from the stream into the canal.

Cheers

Dave

Berethor

Excellent work Jeronij.

Me agrada ver como vas realizando la urbanizacion paso a paso. Muy inspirador.    &apls

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ MallowTheCloud ♦ HabLeUrG ♦ moganite ♦ Mr Food11 ♦ jplumbley ♦ Vandy ♦ wouanagaine

bat

Yes, fantastic testing with the canals there, jeronij! :thumbsup:
Wonderful pictures & work! :thumbsup:

Alfred.Jones

Those canals look amazing Jeronij :thumbsup:

I use them all the time in my cities aswell ;D

Looking forward to more mate ;)

AJ

Sim City 4 Devotion

nedalezz

Totally worth it! The scale of this project is so large its almost incomprehensible, but if anyone can handle it, its you! These have been a great set of first updates. I can almost taste the island of Mallorca looking at you design it. I cant wait to see what you will do with some urban areas and farm areas!

jeronij

Thanks to all for the nice compliments  :thumbsup:

I dont have much time to reply or update atm, but I am working on this project as much as I can. Actually I am in the process of making a customized (small) canal set for the first stream....

I am using new modelling techniques for this one, and I have to admit that it is being more difficult that I expected, specially when it come to texture applying  ::) ... but I'll keep working on it until I get something acceptable  ;)

Again thanks to all for the nice feedback and comments  :thumbsup:
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

TheTeaCat

They look amazing  &apls &apls
Now we know why the stream cuts so sharply down the hill  :)

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

bat

Yes, that is looking fantastic so far, jeronij!
Great work! Looking forward to more...

thundercrack83

Those canals do look extraordinary, jeronij! I can't wait to see more development, not only with them, but with your entire project. Things are definitely shaping up to be legendary here!

Dustin

JoeST

Unusual, but still brilliant

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

jeronij

Hello again ¡¡¡

Thanks to all for the comments :thumbsup: .I know there is no really much progress with the city atm, but I have been playing with the MAX, and experimenting with the materials, specially water.... I alse created some custom textures for the canals... ok, enough words... time for some WiP pictures  ;D

This is the texture that I created for the canals walls... not still exactly what I was looking for, but enough for the task  ::)

After some testing and experimenting I went into this.... but I was not satisfied yet  $%Grinno$%

So I decided to keep playing with some more parameters... I added a sky.... and the change is really noticeable...

This is how they look from a SC4 perspective.... not 100% sure about the water yet, but very close to what I want  ;D

I hope you like the WiP  :thumbsup:

Thanks for leaving your feedback in this MD ¡¡¡
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Yoman

Incredible work here, the textures are near perfect.

I'm not sure how clear the water is in real life but maybe if it is clear enough you might add some junk that got thrown into the canal at the bottom.

Also may I ask how you modeled the water?

jeronij

The last one before I go to sleep  ;)

Yoman, I'll post some tricks I used to model the water in my next post. It is quite late now and I have to wake up early tomorrow  ::)  ;)

Mallorca My Mayor Diary