• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Elephant Bay

Started by tkirch, December 20, 2006, 11:50:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tkirch

GRANVILLE

Granville is tucked into the northwest corner of this city square.  Granville is a fairly decent size city.  You will now see the south side of Granville.  The north side of Granville will go in the city square just to the north of this one.  Now about Granville.

Granville is mainly an industrial town that sprouted up along the rail line that runs through Cherokee County.  Granville has some very nice little housing developments along with some commercial buildings along the road.  Granville is a very religious communities and has a number of small churches that people flock to on Sundays.  You will see some of these in the pictures to come, hope you like what Granville has turned into.

First we will take an overall view of Granville and what it looks like from the eye in the sky.

Some nice homes in the Granville community.  I really like all the many custom houses out there.

TheTeaCat

More already wow
thanks i am enjoying all of these. well done :thumbsup:

:satisfied:
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

tkirch

GRANVILLE

Three really great churches in Granville.  The detail is amazing especially in the large picture.  That picture in the window is truely amazing.  Such great detail.

Granville has a market just like Waldo.  But they specialize in flowers.  Their flower market is talked about by all the ladies.  On weekends the smell of fresh flowers permeates down Northlake Road.

The Granville Hospital designed by SimGoober

Granville Elementary School and the Police and Fire Station.  Public Education and Protect and Serve.

And now some views of the Industrial Centers of this part of Granville.

tkirch

Thank you so much TeaCat.  I am glad you like them.  I am trying to get up all the pictures I have in here so everyone has something to peruse.

Plus it is nice to show off all the custom bats made by people and what they can do with them.

sebes

Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

dedgren

Hey, tkirch-

QuoteThis map was designed by dedgren.

...I know that guy...

...oh, it's me!  I thought the terrain looked familiar.

Anyway, I'm really jazzed to see someone developing a region using a 3RR map as the basis.  I'll be checking out the updates with a great deal of interest, you can be sure.  Off to read the rest...

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

threestooges

A very nice start. The wide shots look great, and everything seems to flow very nicely together. One suggestion I would have however, is for the farms. Most other things in your town seem to go where they go for a reason. Roads and houses follow stream banks and lakes, the farms however seem to stop without reason (I am referring to your first few pictures). Perhaps some more trees or a fence or two would break it up (but it's only my suggestion). Granville is very well done. The industrial sector looks good, and especially so with the food trailers in the middle of those lots. The fourth pic of Jaeger Lake (the one with the swamp) is a very clever idea. I may need to "borrow" it, if I may. Keep up the good work. It all looks good so far.

jaronamo70

only wish my regions could be this cool, very nice!  &apls :thumbsup: :o

bat

Alfred.Jones

This looks amazing Tkirch! Looking forward to more &apls

Sim City 4 Devotion

Ajax

Nice work!  I really like the way you have planned your residential areas,  although my personal preference would be to see a few more trees between the lots.  Not many, just a few.  Jaeger lake looks great!

Alek King of SC4

very unique style, very middle america

tkirch

WOW!  So many messages.  Thank you everyone for checking in.

dedgren Your map is excellent.  I love it.  Will take me awhile to develop it fully.  But it will be a lot of fun.

Ajax There are actually more trees.  I just took a lot of pictures before I had it fully done.  Thanks for checking in.

threestooges   I agree about the farms.  My intention is to build more farms in between them.  BUt right now demand is too low for that.  But once the demand builds back up I will be able to do that.  And I really like the way Jeager Lake turned out and glad you took an idea out of it.  Thats where I get all my ideas by looking at other CJs.

tkirch

Cherokee County

I have some pictures I want to show of the overall of Cherokee County.  After this we will step back from here and go to another part of Cherokee County.  Eventually I will come back to this and show more updated pictures but enjoy the pictures of this part for now before we move on to the next part ...

And now a view of the Traffic Maps in this part of Cherokee County

Alfred.Jones

This looks awesome Tkirch. I really like all the seasonal trees :thumbsup:

Sim City 4 Devotion

Ajax

Must be Arbor Day in Elephant Bay!  &apls Nice to see some more trees, lol!  Looking forward to more!

bat

sebes

Cool man! THis is a great updage again. Reminds me of a place in Oregon where a good friend lives.
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

TheTeaCat

You've gone and done it again haven't you. &apls &apls

Great pics, great style, great technique
gotta stop or I'll run out of compliments and what would i say the next time then :thumbsup:

:satisfied:
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

petercintn

Hey tkirch!  I'd say this will keep you busy for awhile.  I enjoy how you don't scrunch everything up, leave the wide open spaces.  A very nice start!
Carolina Tar Heels... National Champs again!