• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simpson

Welcome to page 278
This is really splendid
Fantastic work my friend
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

Nardo69

Geee, David I wish could fire up SC4 right now :D

BTW I think you use the old crossing texture for the DTR to FARR DTR switch 

Take care and don't forget to make backups

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

dedgren

Just a couple of STR teaser pics to get us through the day- I have an emergency hearing this afternoon so won't be back on until tonight.

To me, a pic like the one above really brings home the impact of STR on the game.

Here's two showing the new parallel STR switches.

I have to admit it- I've been bad.  I keep thinking up new ideas for switches.

So shoot me, I guess...

Bernhard (Nardo69)- I'm planning to fix all the textures, to include the "more better" trackage fixes, in one fell swoop.  Thanks very much for reminding me, though.

That old weekend's just a few hours away!

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

homefryes

Hi, David --

I come and go 'round these parts, and have been getting caught up on months of being away. Beautiful and amazing stuff here, and I haven't even gotten past page 250 yet! I got "lost" (as in dwelling there for a while) on the PlopperizerTM tutorial, and am making a "booklet" for my own use (the benefits of having PDF writer at work); however, I noticed an image is missing: page 243, fig. 22. I thought you'd like to know so you can replace it.

Going through all of the telephone pole threads and pics got my wheels turning big-time. I'm working on a utility poles project that may in the end be too large to be useful, but I just gotta try! It would encompass subtransmission lines (not with wires, just ploppable poles) as well as distribution lines. Anyway, before I say any more on that, I will have MASSIVE amounts of work to do.

In case anyone wants an idea of what I'm attempting to create (click images to enlarge):

— D.
Utility Poles Project [linkie]
Ashtabula (the MD) is not dead; it's just on a really long hiatus!
Check out Homefryes' BATatorium

Pat

David if we shoot you then who would come up with all these new and wonderful new switches???  &apls

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Geronimo

Awesome work David, just simply fantastic! Those switches rocks!  &apls

art128

Wow my friend, It's awesome ! really great picture, good work on the track  &apls I really like what you do with the power lines  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Nardo69

Naaah, David, we're not going to shoot you - at least not me  $%Grinno$% - I never used a firegun in my whole live, nor do I have the wish to do so, but especially I like to see other people making marvelous railway tracks ... ;)

I love the first one with Matt's trestle ...

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

Haljackey

I am really liking all these new puzzle pieces.

Great work David!

deathtopumpkins

There is no such thing as too many switches... though will there be the same switches made for double-track rail eventually?
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

thundercrack83

I'm at a loss, David.

Every time I come in here, my jaw drops further and further.

Splendid work, my friend!

Dustin

metarvo

A diagonal STR switch, right?  I'm sure that nothing will be left out when the STR is released.  The power lines also add to the picture, as well, and I am impressed with homefryes idea, as well.  I have always felt that SC4 could give more attention to power grids.  True, we have a few power plants and one set of power lines in the vanilla game, but we can't build detailed power systems, unless we use custom content  :).  It should be as elementary as different levels of roads.  Here I go again... $%Grinno$%

Anyway, you have continued to please, David.  Keep it up! :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Toichus Maximus

I am amazed. I have no words.

threestooges

Quote from: dedgren on November 07, 2008, 10:08:22 AMTo me, a pic like the one above really brings home the impact of STR on the game.
How true, and once I figure out what's going on with the Start/end piece you'll have a bridge with decent track textures instead of the bright ballast. Almost got it I think.

Good luck today with the hearing today.
-Matt

wes.janson

I now spend my time solely with the LE since I don't even want to attempt to develop a new region until the FAR/FARR/STR are released. These daily teasers are almost too much.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. EA should be giving kickbacks to David and others for the continuing sales of this game.

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

pilotdaryl

You're so amazing that I can't even figure out what to write for a comment ;D

dedgren

Heather and I watched "Get Smart" tonight, so I'm by late.

dtp, you and I continue to think along the same, er... track.

Some responses to some comments when I get up tomorrow.  Everyone please have a great weekend!

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

thundercrack83

Everyone please have a great weekend!

With stuff like this popping up, it's hard not to have a great weekend!

Hope yours goes well, too, my friend!

Dustin

deathtopumpkins

Heh, they say great minds think alike... and nice pun.  ;)

I itch to single-track all my railroads, and I have to agree with Dustin: My weekend just got a whole lot better!
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

jacqulina