• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thundercrack83

Just another day, and just another revolutionary project here in 3RR!

Groundbreaking ideas are the rule around here, not the exception, and these rural roads are just the latest in a string of them!

Monumental work here, David! Excellent job!

Have a great weekend!

Dustin

jmdude1

those country roads really look great. they're great cause sidewalks arent found in the country and dirt roads arent used all the time.
as for an acronym, i vote to just call it whatever its name is...im already on acronym overload. i have to look at the pics to find out what everything is.   ()what()

bakerton

Hey David, those rural roads look like they should be in the game when it first came out. Sidewalks in front of farms, It is possible if it is at the very edge of a town or village. I know of a couple of places here in Wisconsin that have sidewalks in fornt of farms. So far, the rural roads look awesome and I can't wait to use them in the game. Keep on suprising us. JKB
beam me up.... please!
I am the lurker that hides in all the corners and you can't get me out. You may try, but you can't.Please call me Jon or Jonathan.

dedgren

Minus the shoulders, this is what these look like.

I'm going to take a look at the diagonal variant, but with some work matching up the textures, there's no reason these can't be used like this until there's more time to spend serious time on the shoulder issue.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

thundercrack83

I agree, David--they look wonderful as is! The shoulders would be great, too, but there's plenty of time for that!

Keep up the magnificent work, my friend! It's always great to stop into 3RR and see what you've got cooking!

Take care!

Dustin

metarvo

That looks great just like that, David.  This way, the new roads match up better with the old ones.  I can imagine using them to create "passing zones" on rural roads.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

dedgren

Look Ma- no sidewalks!

Puzzle pieces have been around for years- I don't know why nobody did this before.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

deathtopumpkins

a-ha! So they're puzzle-pieces! Now that is exciting.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

nerdly_dood

What I'd like to see is one of those with those lines down the middle that are solid on one side and dashed on the other, meaning that passing is allowed on the side with the dashed line. That wouldn't be much harder than making the one with the plain dashed line, right? ;D

Great job with this, too! Personally I'd prefer a gravel shoulder that fades ... gravellily? - back to grass... meaning that there is no defined border to the gravel, but it doesn't fade evenly, but with clumps of gravel here and grass there... if you understand what i'm trying to say...  ??? cause I'm not sure i do myself...
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Pat

There puzzel peices David??? WOW!!! Hmmm why no one did these before hmmm cant answer that but I do know that you are doing it and blazzing the trail now!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

dedgren

We darkened the texture and added the shoulder, also darkened, back in.

Let me know what you think.  I won't spend any more time on these for a while, but I'd be interested on what priority you'd place on having these.

I'm happy to send out the "no shoulder" variant right now to anyone who would ask.  I can do some "eye candy" no passing centerline pieces if anyone would like.

Just had a nice little earthquake here.  Felt like between a 3.0 and 4.0, not too far away.  I'll let you know in the morning.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

thundercrack83

An earthquake? I hope everyone and everything is OK up there!

Seems trivial in the wake of an earthquake, but I'd love having the "no-shoulder" ones to play around with, if you don't mind!

Hope all is well!

Dustin

homefryes

Wow, David -- hope everything is okay in the wake of the quake. Will be anxious to get the report.

As for the roads, I can't decide which I like better (between no shoulder and the irregular gravel shoulder). Everything I see here just amazes me anyway!  ;D

— Don
Utility Poles Project [linkie]
Ashtabula (the MD) is not dead; it's just on a really long hiatus!
Check out Homefryes' BATatorium

threestooges

Hope everyone is ok after the earthquake David. Those things can always be a bit unsettling. From the sound of it, everything's still standing though. According to the USGS, it seems it was a 4.8 (pretty hefty) centered at 63.118°N, 149.640°W and it was a deep one at 97.2 km (60.4 miles).

These pics are amazing. The last one of the update in particular reminded me so much of the area of Kentucky I was in for the competition. The leaves changing color as the trees shed for the winter and small little housing lining the roads extending out from the highway as we drove by. Excellent stuff David.
-Matt

Pat

Looking at google at the cooridinates that is where the epic center is at to the A spot... David I hope all is well in your neck of the woods and no heavy damage!!! I would be more then happier to play with the shoulder version myself....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

MandelSoft

Good idea! The normal roads didn't look that good in rural areas.

I would like to request a no-shoulder piece And maybe you can send me the textures I can edit them, so they'll look like the dutch regional roads  ;), like this:

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

art128

David, this is looking awesome my friend, great work on this street  &apls
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

TheTeaCat

Wow Those country roads are "right up my street."

I'd love to try them out if I could ;)

I like both the textured and non equally and can easily find a use for them :D

Hope all is well in your neck of the woods especially after the 'quake.
Maybe a nice cuppa to sooth you ;D

regards
Derry

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

metarvo

The gravel shoulder still looks great, David.   :thumbsup:  I would be happy to play around with the no-shoulder variant, as long as it's not too much trouble for you.  Since you mentioned it, the "no-passing" centerline idea sounds like a good one.  Keep it up!

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

buckbeach

David, I would like to take you up on your offer for the roads.  I don't post a lot but especially like to follow and use everything associated with the rural and smaller town areas as they are the only styles I play.  I sure wouldn't want to miss out on these fine additions like I did with ChrisAdams rural area additions.

My email is in my profile, but, if your going to place them on 3RRex soon I'll wait.

Thank