• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Josh's Gimping Extravaganza

Started by joshriddle577, July 30, 2010, 08:57:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshriddle577

This was formerly a simple question I was asking, then I changed it to this to save space

I guess this is the place where I will show off my tutorials and Gimped photos that I did. And I think the name is more than adequate. Since I am somewhat new to Gimp, I have only done some basic stuff, such as this one. I took a random image of mine and added rain and fog to it. I also posted a tutorial on how to do it. So without further-a-do...

Creating Rain Effects in Gimp---Easy!
1: Once you have your image opened in Gimp, go to the top, click layer, click new layer. As shown below

2: Once you click New layer, a popup box will come up. Choose these settings.

3: Make sure your colors are set to black and white. Next, go to filters, render, clouds, solid noise. As shown below

4: A popup box should show up, choose these settings. Don't worry about the picture turning into clouds. It is supposed to.

5: After you applied the settings in the above step, go to filters, noise, add noise, hsv noise. As shown below

6: A popup box should show up, choose these settings.

7: After you applied the settings into the above step, go to filters, blur, motion blur. As shown below

8: A popup box should come up. Set the angle to around 75-80%, length to around 10-15% As shown below

9: At your toolbox, click the layers tab, and there should be a slider that says "Opacity" above it. Demonstration below

10: Lower the opacity to around 50-60%, and you get this!

The quality would have been better with Photoshop, but I use Gimp as an alternative to PS.

I also took a random SC4 image, and applied the technique:

Enjoy, and stay tuned. Please leave your comments, suggestions, and questions.