• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Re: Waterfalls a New Journey... MD by Pat_Update # 219

Started by Pat, March 13, 2007, 01:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jmouse

amapper

I still think your layout for update/replies is unique. Your use of rocks and vegetation makes the river come alive; I can almost here the water gurgling on it's way through the area.  :thumbsup:

Pat

WoW 15+ replies to go threw but hey you are all worth it and thank you guys.... I know I'm breaking what I usually do is my banter talk after I respond but hey I wanted to change things up today....  Ive done some different things and strangely enough there is no TPW work at all in this update, so I apologize now but I do hope you all enjoy with what Ive been doing since Ive been feeling better today....  So without further ado here we go with Waterfalls..............  Replies to your comments.......

Quote from: warconstruct on March 21, 2008, 08:17:30 AM
hello the friend, for me it is an honor to have poster the 200eme messages on your CJ !

I will congratulate you for your excellent works and like you shared the same great pleasure as me: recreated nature under SC4 .Is not always an easy spot, one needs much patient and of determination to come end of something has which one can be satisfied !

You are for me a great source of inspiration in particular at the time of my updates "special nature" and I thank you  :)
Is not everyone which devotes a whole newspaper has this activity .

So long for a new update, and I say one to you " bonjour de France "

a+ Paul

Paul thank you so very much for your support and its great to see you!!! I'm glad you enjoyed the last update and I do hope you enjoy with what Ive done now...

Quote from: blade2k5 on March 21, 2008, 08:31:57 AM
&apls Congrats on a fantabulous update Pat :D  I especially like pics 3 & 4...nice use of the mining equipment :thumbsup:  Look forward to the next update :thumbsup:

Hey Troy thanks and I'm glad you liked the mining equipment shots...

Quote from: paroch on March 21, 2008, 10:29:58 AM
Nice update there Pat.  The lakes are my faves, very well done indeed.

All the best,

Paul

HI Paul I'm glad you liked the lakes and the updates as well, I do hope you will be back right?

Quote from: Earth quake on March 21, 2008, 10:36:50 AM
Wow,excellent, It's a great update, go on. &apls
Just a splendid. :thumbsup:

Hi Earth Quake and welcome to waterfalls and I do hope you like this next update....

Quote from: Jmouse on March 21, 2008, 04:13:12 PM
Great work on the update, Pat. The pics certainly do bring back pleasant memories, and I'll always be a loyal fan of Waterfalls. Truly you are among the kings of all things water related!

Until next time...
Joan

Joan thank you for being the loyal fan you are to Waterfalls.... Shucks thank you for the compliment!!!!

Quote from: RebaLynnTS on March 21, 2008, 05:50:47 PM
I reall need to learn how to do those flash projects. I love your pictures, btw.

Hey Becca i know what you mean i need to learn those myself, I need bat to give up his secrets in doing such a wonderful flash animantions....   Thank you and I'm glad you love the pics, I hope to see you back for more...

Quote from: tooheys on March 21, 2008, 09:32:15 PM
Well done Pat, it's all starting to make sense now  :D

I really liked the first pic, thats a beaut transition from TPW to maxis water.  :thumbsup:

Keep it up my friend. Bring on the next update.

Cheers

Dave

Daaaaaaaaave!!!  I'm glad you liked the transition from the TPW to Game water, that was kinda time consuming to pull off... I sure do hope you like this next one coming down the pipes lol

Quote from: threestooges on March 21, 2008, 10:26:46 PM
Interesting update. Good pics and nice way to do replies. Yes, I can believe it took four hours (you must have been working quick to get through it all that fast). Those excavators are making quick work of that hill and I'll be interested to see what all is going on there. Take care, and I'll see you around here next update.
-Matt

Hey Matt thanks and I thank bat for doing the hard work for putting that last update together in the flash...  The time factor wasn't to bad when I first started to count from the start, but my behind sure did feel the pain lol...  Don't worry I come back to that hill once the crews are done working...

Quote from: bat on March 22, 2008, 04:23:35 AM
That are nice pictures there, Pat!!

And this animation is better now (with the frames...):
click here

Looking forward to the next animation...

Bat you are truly amazing my nocturnal friend!!! Thank you for doing such a fantastic job on the FLash, I cant begin to thank you enough for doing that for me...  I do hope you like this next update!!!

Quote from: Schulmanator on March 22, 2008, 05:14:05 AM
Great idea! I have always been a fan of bat's animations. I look forward to seeing more here!

Hi Bruce welcome back to waterfalls, its always great to see the Schulmanator in here!!!!  I know I love his animations as well, but I do hope this next update is good...

Quote from: Pat on March 24, 2008, 08:42:25 AM
Hey all just a quick note if you haven't seen the corrected flash its now up... Problem fixxed, I should have taken care of it Saturday but Ive been sicker then a

sorry dave not trying to poke fun at ya's M8  ;)  but your avatar fits me soo perfect now lol...

Pat don't you have some pics to crop and get ready for an update for these wonderful supporters?  Your over your Pneumonia so you no longer have an excuse for slackin.....

Quote from: kimcar on March 24, 2008, 11:37:02 AM
&apls &apls Another great update that you made Pat. Nice animation and nice work too. Looking forward for another 200 post  ;D

LoL Kimcar thank you!!! I'm glad you liked the animation that bat made and I do hope you like this next update...

Quote from: Heblem on March 24, 2008, 11:50:04 AM
Pat i really hope everything is right!, please take care,
greetings
Eblem

Hey Eblem thank you for your well wishes and yes Im doing much better now finally wooohooo!!!!!

Quote from: star.torturer on March 24, 2008, 01:53:20 PM
Hey, 2 posts ... wow that advertising obviously worked :P lol, sorry to here that ur ill, hope u get better soons

oh and yeah, great updates... interesting techniques (maybe for another way of doing that youtube vid you should get a desktop recording package, would be an interesting way of doing it)

Joe

Hey Joe hmmm would you have any good ones that would do so much more justice, Ive tried the geovid and couldnt get it to work at all... I know you got to love my masterful adverts, arent they greeeeeeeeeeat!!!! Good to see you back here and I hope to see you back soon....

Quote from: Jmouse on March 24, 2008, 01:57:24 PM

Until next time...
Jaon

Joan thank you are soooo sweet and I love that get well card!!!  Its made my night when I saw it the other day here, I am doing so much better then what I was say on easter....

Quote from: amapper on April 01, 2008, 04:09:04 PM
I still think your layout for update/replies is unique. Your use of rocks and vegetation makes the river come alive; I can almost here the water gurgling on it's way through the area.  :thumbsup:

Amapper welcome back to waterfalls its been awhile and Im glad that you have returned here.... I do try my best to work with everything and IM glad you like the end results!!!!

Picture time woooooohooooooo!!!!!!!     6 pics in total.......

I promiss more to come later, till then thank you for coming into waterfalls and I hope you enjoyed your day and will see you all very sooooon - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

blade2k5

&apls  Well now, a little concrete and glass to look at :D   It's nice to see what your larger towns/cities look like.  Got a question though...what is that blue dome in the second to last pic?  Superb work Pat :thumbsup:

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

bat

Great new update there! And wonderful 6 pictures of that city!!! :thumbsup:

Looking forward to the next...

gazac

Hi Pat,
Waterfall is looking great, you are are very good with the plop water, I tried but could not get just right, you have given me &idea   :thumbsup:

I like your sea docks, looks like I will have to add some to my MD maybe next city  :-\
anyway keep up the great work

BTW
Yep I know what it's like, I think to myself, have some free time i'll fire up SC4 & have a play for an hr.
then look at clock & 5-8 hrs later  :angrymore:

Take care friend

Simpson

My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

Jmouse

Something different? Sure is, and I like it! Some of those buildings in the second pic are unfamiliar but striking. And I like the little park in the lower right corner - wonder who created it!? ::)

You've done a good job on the seawall - prepping the terrain is no easy job. And that's a beautiful cathedral in the third from last photo. It's good to know you're on the mend, and I'm glad to know the card perked you up a bit! :)

Until next time...

Joan

Pat

Replies to your last comments and
                New Update Time...

Quote from: blade2k5 on April 01, 2008, 11:17:25 PM
&apls  Well now, a little concrete and glass to look at :D   It's nice to see what your larger towns/cities look like.  Got a question though...what is that blue dome in the second to last pic?  Superb work Pat :thumbsup:

Hi Troy Here you go [linkie] that is the Museum in the pic that you liked but its not the same lot,  I have to tweek the lot a little bit more but I will be getting it up on the STEX soon...  I'm really glad you liked my city and I do hope you will enjoy more of it shortly here....

Quote from: bat on April 02, 2008, 05:06:49 AM
Great new update there! And wonderful 6 pictures of that city!!! :thumbsup:
Looking forward to the next...

Hey Bat, I'm glad you liked this new update and the pics of my city... See you soon my friend....

Quote from: gazac on April 02, 2008, 05:41:25 AM
Hi Pat,
Waterfall is looking great, you are are very good with the plop water, I tried but could not get just right, you have given me &idea   :thumbsup:

I like your sea docks, looks like I will have to add some to my MD maybe next city  :-\
anyway keep up the great work

BTW
Yep I know what it's like, I think to myself, have some free time i'll fire up SC4 & have a play for an hr.
then look at clock & 5-8 hrs later  :angrymore:

Take care friend

Gazac welcome to Waterfalls my friend its good to see you made it here, I do look forward to seeing some docks in your MD soon  ;)  Thanks again for coming in and will see you next time....

Quote from: Simpson on April 02, 2008, 09:21:59 AM
Very good  &apls &apls :thumbsup:

Simpson thank you for coming into waterfalls... I'm glad you enjoyed yourself and see you soon....

Quote from: Jmouse on April 02, 2008, 09:50:54 AM
Something different? Sure is, and I like it! Some of those buildings in the second pic are unfamiliar but striking. And I like the little park in the lower right corner - wonder who created it!? ::)

You've done a good job on the seawall - prepping the terrain is no easy job. And that's a beautiful cathedral in the third from last photo. It's good to know you're on the mend, and I'm glad to know the card perked you up a bit! :)

Until next time...

Joan

LoL Joan which park are you thinking about?  Could it be the one by our favorite Casper or the ones sitting behind KSIM TV station?  I'm glad you liked the Cathedral and I wasn't to sure how it turned out, again thank you for the card and I hope you enjoy more of my city here... 

OK back on track here we go with some more of the city tour and I do hope I'm not disappointing anyone with a different change of pace from me... I know anther update from me soo soon and I did promise it soo here we go with out further ado is more of the city...........

So thats it for today???  Will see you either later with more or tomorrow - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Heblem

excellent update Pat!!  :thumbsup:

also i see this picture funny look at the ship trying to get out  ::)

Pat

Hehheehehe I know Heblem its my first port that I took time to make and well you know them Drunken EA Pilots couldn't maneuver their way out of a box lol....

blade2k5

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

Jmouse

My goodness, Pat, if a little Get Well card is all it takes to light such a big a fire under you, I'll send a new one every day! :P And I'm certainly not disappointed - in fact I'm delighted to see more of your city.

Building proper seaports is hard work, isn't it? There's a good tuto out there -can't put my finger on it at the moment - but as I recall, it really amplifies the complexity involved in the construction of a functional facility.

That green building in the first photo (not the cylinder-shaped ones) is interesting. Is it new? And the park I admired was the one with the fall trees. ::) Anyway, I'm pleased to see all the progress you've made and look forward to more.

Until next time...
Joan

bat

Great update there! And the port is looking good! :thumbsup:
Looking forward to the next one...

Simpson

My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

TheTeaCat

Well now i just had the chance to catch up Pat ::) and i must say I'm impressed  &apls &apls

Concrete, Glass we had glimpses in the past but at last some big stuff
wow well done mate. Have to agree with the others about the ship, maybe its time to relocate the port and put in a nice WFK
in its place. just an opinion mate :thumbsup:

great updates and eagerly looking forward to your next one :thumbsup:

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

kimcar

&apls &apls Very nice update my friend . I like your seaport. Maybe tight at some place ( but i guess you know a good captain  ;D ) but the layout is excellent . Keep it up :thumbsup:

Starmanw402007

I thought that was kinda funny also, wonders if the captain of that ship was able to get out of there  :D.
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

Pat

Replies to your last comments and
            New Update Time...

Quote from: Heblem on April 02, 2008, 10:57:44 AM
excellent update Pat!!  :thumbsup:

also i see this picture funny look at the ship trying to get out  ::)

Dont worry Heblem I've been playing around with ports and learning from my mistake, I will show more of the new port later....

Quote from: Pat on April 02, 2008, 11:07:04 AM
Hehheehehe I know Heblem its my first port that I took time to make and well you know them Drunken EA Pilots couldn't maneuver their way out of a box lol....

Pat: you again cant you just wait till you are ready to reply to everyone before saying something gezzzs I swear some peoples children lol

Quote from: blade2k5 on April 02, 2008, 11:11:06 AM
Thanks for the linkie Pat :thumbsup: and another superb update :thumbsup:

Hey Troy:  Your welcome for the link and I hope you are enjoying that muesum at least...

Quote from: Jmouse on April 02, 2008, 01:47:34 PM
My goodness, Pat, if a little Get Well card is all it takes to light such a big a fire under you, I'll send a new one every day! :P And I'm certainly not disappointed - in fact I'm delighted to see more of your city.

Building proper seaports is hard work, isn't it? There's a good tuto out there -can't put my finger on it at the moment - but as I recall, it really amplifies the complexity involved in the construction of a functional facility.

That green building in the first photo (not the cylinder-shaped ones) is interesting. Is it new? And the park I admired was the one with the fall trees. ::) Anyway, I'm pleased to see all the progress you've made and look forward to more.

Until next time...
Joan

Hey Joan, I know right what a card can do for someone lol....  I hope the link i sent you was the proper one that you was eyeing up? I do hope you like this next set of updates from me...

Quote from: bat on April 03, 2008, 06:22:28 AM
Great update there! And the port is looking good! :thumbsup:
Looking forward to the next one...

Hey Bat, Thanks M8 for stopping in again and IM glad you are loving the progress here!!!

Quote from: Simpson on April 03, 2008, 10:51:57 AM
Really good my friend continue

Hiiii Simpson, welcome back and its great to see you here again and do enjoy this next update!!!

Quote from: TheTeaCat on April 03, 2008, 11:08:05 AM
Well now i just had the chance to catch up Pat ::) and i must say I'm impressed  &apls &apls

Concrete, Glass we had glimpses in the past but at last some big stuff
wow well done mate. Have to agree with the others about the ship, maybe its time to relocate the port and put in a nice WFK
in its place. just an opinion mate :thumbsup:

great updates and eagerly looking forward to your next one :thumbsup:

TTC

Deeeeerry, its always a pleasure to see you here, I know that port sucks but its a learning curve for me and I do hope the next port I show and who knows I might change this one into a seaside village area??? Either way Im glad you like the building style by that dreaded council lol...

Quote from: kimcar on April 03, 2008, 01:50:34 PM
&apls &apls Very nice update my friend . I like your seaport. Maybe tight at some place ( but i guess you know a good captain  ;D ) but the layout is excellent . Keep it up :thumbsup:

Hey Kimcar, I know EA has some drunken captains as they have to be to manouver this port lol.... But that will change here in time cause the NTSB is getting tired of cleaning up the wreck and investigating them too lol....

Quote from: Starmanw402007 on April 04, 2008, 12:07:49 PM
I thought that was kinda funny also, wonders if the captain of that ship was able to get out of there  :D.

Welcome back starman and its great to see you here again!!! For now them poor captians have to suffer lol but dont worry more is coming here now....

So ok I know my port is a tad bit ummm difficult but hey its my first and well anyways enough of the banter talk and lets do this so without further ado here we go with more of my city............................................................

Yes I know I see the ops mod there but I still cant figure out why Im missing the lights on
the highway, I know Im using the Light Replacement Mod by ummm yea his name escapes me... But anyways I do hope you all enjoyed seeing the night time update from me..........................................

TheTeaCat

Very nice indeed matey &apls

I see the Harbour pilot managed to get the ship turned, now for the run to the sea :)

The whole area looks real good there at night.
Btw got some raspberry tea for you,
just putting kettle on :D :D

TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II