• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Which NAM version

Started by deanva, October 21, 2020, 05:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deanva

Anyway to tell which NAM version is installed on my computer? My SimCity 4 Deluxe some how got reverted to where it was like starting from scratch. I did manage to find my deleted files and restore them to the game except my latest region is nowhere to be found. Should I delete the NAM that I found and reinstall version 38? My NAM folder was created 7/9/2020 that I found. According to the LEX I downloaded on 7/10/2020 which might be #38, this is so frustrating when it happened.

Tarkus

If the date is July, that'd be NAM 37 still--that version came out on July 2nd, 2020.  NAM 38 was released on September 3, 2020.

-Alex

deanva

Thanks I will re install the right one then.

dyoungyn

Alex,

I still have and successful with NAM 36 (Thank you going out to the entire NAM team). 

I have been very unsuccessful to install NAM 37 or NAM 38 due to issues or lack of with Java Installation.  I have tried many time, given up and at the end of my rope why this is so difficult. 

Ether my Windows 10 Pro was not installed correctly or Norton 360 is preventing Java installation to execute the NAM 38 Installation. 

deanva

Which browser are you using on Windows Pro? If you are using Edge it does not support plugins also does not support Java. Try a different browser like Firefox. You may have to turn off your Norton 360. Alex may have more information for you also.

dyoungyn

APSMS

Quote from: deanva on October 22, 2020, 02:05:07 PM
Which browser are you using on Windows Pro? If you are using Edge it does not support plugins also does not support Java. Try a different browser like Firefox. You may have to turn off your Norton 360. Alex may have more information for you also.
The NAM Installer is built on Java, not Javascript. Java is an executable code package like C++ that can be used to write programs or Applets; Javascript is a related primarily-browser/internet based scripting language, but they are not the same thing.

IIRC Android uses Java heavily, in addition to its Linux Kernel base. Many IOT and even older non-IOT devices run Java, because it's a programming language and environment that Javascript simply isn't, so what browser you use is totally irrelevant as the NAM Installer is a self-contained package built with the Java API, not a browser-based tool written in Javascript.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation