• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

VDK Bats

Started by vester, August 16, 2013, 03:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seraf

Great work :) I really like the details  :thumbsup:

reddonquixote

The perspective view looks really great! Nice work  :thumbsup:
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

romualdillo

It looks awesome!!!  &apls

bombardiere

This looks very nice building. It would be very usefull in my cities. Functional police stations (and firestations) are always in need.

However, you had some old, but very interesting buildings. Such as Metropolitan police station and old power station. Even if you are not going to LOT those, would you consider to upload BATs only? BATs alone would be very usefull resources.

vester

Here is a little something I am working on:

So far just two textures, cobbles and glass.

My thought is to add a white plaster to the front and some yellow bricks to the back.
Not sure about the two gables. Plaster or bricks ?

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

belfastsocrates

Looks excellent. In regard to the gables, I think a rendered finish. Maybe try both and see which looks best?
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

Simcoug

Love this - nice work so far  :thumbsup:

reddonquixote

Very cute little building. I like it a lot  :thumbsup:
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

vester

The two different options:

Used some new technique that I learn about in this video: Clint DiClementi: Composite Maps in 3DS Max .
Having different textures on the same object. Using material IDs and map channels making it possible to have different uv-mapping for different textures on the same object.

belfastsocrates

I prefer the brick version personally.

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

vortext

Ditto on the bricks. Going to be a fine corner model!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

romualdillo

The building looks very nice!!  :thumbsup:
I think I prefer the second version. In my opinion, plastered blind walls would look strange if the other back walls are made of brick.

art128

I echo the above comments, brick version looks better than the plaster one. :) Maybe add an old faded add on the side wall(s)?
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

vester

You will have to keep in mind that the front is going to be plaster:

belfastsocrates

Yeah that looks good, the brick gable looks good alongside the rendered front.

romualdillo

vester

A lot work, learning a lot, but only few things to see:

Been working on the dormers and doing uv mapping (unwrapping).
Had some mishap with the roof, weld a few to many verties together without noticing it :P
Luckly I use the version button (with a plus) next to the save (in the save as).

Also adding some more details on the support for the sign hanging of the wall.

vester

Been working on another w2w, inspired by the "fire houses (ildebrandshuse)":

The first great fire in 1728 in Copenhagen, which took out approx 1/3 of the city.
One of the result was that in 1729 a small book was published  In it was drawings for 3 type of houses, all called Ildebrandshuse - Fire houses.

Still a lot of stuff to add to the roof.

art128

These two last buildings are really wonderful Arne.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog