• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tales at TeaTime

Started by TheTeaCat, May 22, 2007, 04:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lilojame

Hi Derry!

Well, I cant play a musical instrument either, but well, I am an artist so I cant say the same for painting and as cooking goes, I can do that very well (at least my family claims that  :D). Haha, great answer on the "god" subject and I have to agree with it, lol. Isn it great?! ;D

Well, as for your updates I can definitely say that there is a great quantity of quality! Waiting always demands patience, but well, it wouldn't do any good if we would not have that in cases where you cant do anything else than wait hopefully :). Thank you for the trees info, by the way!

As for the latest picture, the rocks add a lot to the area and that path there looks perfect!

I am definitely looking forward to see what you will show us next!

Karin

Visit my MD Rainbow Falls or check Rainbow Falls Out of the Box or maybe check on my bats&lots visiting Lilojame´s Corner or if you wish go to Lilojame´s Candidacies.

"Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray."  (Byron, 1788-1824)

Jmouse

Been a lot of activity around here during the week I was gone! Love the farms (update Dec. 13) - you've done a good job on the paths. Makes me think of moving to a new place three years ago. We had four dogs then, and they soon wore paths in the back yard. Not a single one was straight although in no case was there anything to go out around - not even a twig! Weird. Anyway, you create such beautiful rural scenes.

The neighborhoods look good, and I especially like the tiered treatment. Then what a delight to scroll down and see a charming revision. I'll look more closely and read the comments later when I have more time, but I did want to stop by and let you know I haven't vanished completely!

Later...
Joan

blade2k5

No, I don't think you need to open LE again $%Grinno$% and the transformation is more than suitable. :thumbsup:  I'm just now figuring out how to use plop rocks/water and the like and when I see images such as yours, I go bug-eyed at first, then after the initial shock, I find it inspiring to keep praticing.  I also like your simplistic looking farms too ;)  and I look forward to more ;D

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

EDGE4194

Derry- nice 'river front walk" you created there, i especially like the terraced residential area.  :)

Simpson

Hi Derry ;),
Again a fantastic update here, this new one is super. I love the nature and all these fields; great use of RRP
The new picture of the city is incredible  :o, great work on the LE
I'm looking forward to the next update my friend

Take care, David
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

CasperVg

It's been way to long since I last checked in here.. again.. That riverside walk looks splendid and so does the area around it.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

TheTeaCat

Happy New Year Folks

Just a quick note to say thanks to all who posted a comment. :thumbsup:

Right whats been happening?
First off on Xmas eve my main Hdd decided to give up the ghost so have have to replace it and reinstall lots of stuff to get to where I was. So hence the reason for my lack of activity recently. Now I have a dilema seeing as I lost so much data I also happened to lose the region I was working on &mmm. Oh well its not like it hasn't happened before ::)

Now while I enjoyed making the region of Munster it just didn't seem right considering that the MD is called TatTT. So
yes I know i said I packed it away and would not be returning .... well......

I am. But..... there is always a but, there will be some subtle differences. So who's ready for a refill?

regards
Derry
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

paroch

Well bad luck on the loss of data - but good luck on the re-re-birth of TaTT - Hard to see where you're gonna find room for improvement - but Derry, if anyone can, it's you.

Good luck for both 2009 and TaTT.

Paul

Ennedi

Tales At The Tea Time is an unique being - it has it's own life and it is not dependent from any place in the world and particularly from any SC4 map  ;)
Anywhere you will begin again, it will be still good old TaTT  :D :thumbsup:

Don't worry Derry! I had a half-year break and I have much more to do now  ;D

Adam

PS. I saw you asked about beaches, I will send you a PM with an explanation when I will find pictures for the tutorial.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Jmouse

Well, bad news and good news in the same breath! It's good to know TaTT will be active again, though - something that good just can't be pushed aside! ;) And I sympathize with your computer problems. Mine have been ongoing for almost two months, and such disturbances tend to interfere with the creative spirit's flow.

Seems like there's a lot to look forward to
around here in 2009, and the resurrection of TaTT is high on the list!

Later...
Joan

catty

Quote from: TheTeaCat on January 01, 2009, 10:15:46 AM
First off on Xmas eve my main Hdd decided to give up the ghost ...

Ditto with the computer problems, have just finished replacing most of my computer's insides as a result of a power surge just before Christmas (had to dig out the old laptop and play Simcity 4 (pre-rushhour) to keep me going in the meantime), but after several weeks and a brand new hard drive among other things later, was finally able to install Simcity 4 Deluxe this morning, so am looking forward to playing Deluxe again, but now I also have the return of TaTT to look forward too as well, my tea cup runneth over  ()stsfd()
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Schulmanator

I am sorry to hear about your HD... they are quite balky, aren't they? But, I am glad you are serving up refills of T@TT!
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

threestooges

Sorry to hear about the HD loss, but I think a refill may be in order. I certainly know you'll have something interesting in the works whatever it may be. Aside from the HD dump, I hope all is going well.
-Matt

Pat

Hey Derry I am sorry to hear about your loss as well!!! WoW Whats up 2 great MD's go with a loss at the new years ouchies.... I told this to Casper and I will tell this to you as well my friend I know you will come back strong as you have and I cant wait to see what you do!!!

I want my refill indeedlly doo!!!!

patrick

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

TheTeaCat

TEAser

How about the blueprint for the region?

Can you spot the differences?

:satisfied:
TTC
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"

threestooges

Differences... Oh! I know... it's blue! How's that? Also, the 321st pixel in the 239th row flickers every 3 seconds.

In all seriousness, the new map looks great. The extra space should be fun to play with, and each of the rivers seems to have a unique character. So is this a delta or a tributary that you'll be working with? Either way, I'll love to see how it develops. The little islands out there are a nice touch too. Very nice work.
-Matt

art128

Great teaser Derry, your region look great ! :thumbsup:

Arthur.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

bat

Nice new map there! And looking forward to more... ;)

TheTeaCat

Update

I just want to say thanks to all who posted a comment  :thumbsup:
You've seen the Blueprint in the Teaser so how about the real thing.
Now its the same map as before but I did a little bit of editing to it. I felt that some of the rivers that were
there before seemed wrong to me almost as if they didn't really follow the lie of the land.

Here you can see the origional maps

I played about in Terraformer raising the land ,eroding it, lowering it and smoothing out the result
ending with the one I will develop. In the end 4 rivers have dried up but I still have 3 left ;D

It gives me a little more land to develop ::) so lets see what happens with it. (It'll be a while though ::) )

And here it is

Once again I was messing about with the terrain, finding it hard to decide on which one to use. (you can see in above pic two tiles are different (oh that development you can see is gone - was just a test))

Anyhow here is test tile just using the maxis terrain.

But Pegasus released a modified Maxis terrain mod and I thought I should give it a go

I must admit I like it. The differences are very subtle mostly with the colour green at the lower elevation.

Now my favourite terrain mod is CP's Meadowshire mod

but it seems a little too green for me now &mmm

So before making a final decision, I thought I'd try them with a beach and rock mod ;)

Oooh now that looks good with the Olympic beach and Meadowshire Cliff mods. :D

Now all of that was testing in a blank region and I liked it so reloaded each tile in the region
with my choice. And I had a bonus too ::)

Take a look at the beach surface under the water.. Instead of the beach mod continuing under
the water you have a sandy beach effect. Looks good I think.
This only happens if Peg's mod is loaded after the beach mod :thumbsup:

So at least now we have a start :thumbsup:
Been messing about with some other stuff too which you will see in the future, plus a little trick
I use to place flora underwater even if it is not meant to be placed there origionally.

Stay tuned and I'll show you how

Regards for now to all.

Keep the kettle boiling :D :D
:satisfied:
TTC

PS Free cuppa for all Lurkers if you post a comment :thumbsup:

Schulmanator

Oooooh! [emits squeal] What a nice map! I can't wait to see it in action!  &apls
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0