• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MandelSoft

Not really. The current title of "Users Manual" is more appropriate ;)
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

AngryBirdsFan436

I wonder what could be the possible file size: 100MB??!!! :P What could be the size of NAM 31 when it gets released? In my opinion, about 30 - 50MB. What's your estimated file size?
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

jcluvzgamez

&apls Saying you guys are amazing would be a gross UNDERstatement. Could you show us a L0, L1, L2, L3, and L4 in one picture? That would be neat.  :thumbsup:
I will take a burger and NAM. Yes I would like RHW with that. Oh and NWM with SAM topping for dessert.

Swordmaster

You might think development is a little slow, but the speed at which stability increases with each build is amazing.

Cheers
Willy

sim_link

Holy wow, that is awesome. You guys never cease to impress... multi-height will certainly transform the way we build interchange.
Thumbs up to the entire crew.  :thumbsup:

Simcoug

memo

Swordmaster

Okay, you definitely have a different build than I do.

$%Grinno$%

Cheers
Willy

memo

Would you like me to add this "feature"? :D

Swordmaster

Please do. And then let Ryan make a U-drive-it video with it.

Cheers
Willy

Tarkus

Hey, we can even fit in the IID scheme . . . it's an L1-over-L4, so it would be 0x57131D40. ;D

-Alex

memo

:D You must have had this in mind already when coming up with the IID scheme.

Haljackey

Ha! Reminds me of the Penrose Staircase:

Never ending.

Tarkus

Which of course, was the basis of this masterpiece.  Escher and the Penroses designed some pretty cool stuff.

And then there's the auditory equivalent, the Shepard tone.

-Alex

noahclem

hehe, good stuff  :D   Definitely a trick of many uses   ::)

GDO29Anagram

<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Tarkus

Quote from: AngryBirdsFan436 on January 08, 2013, 05:42:21 AM
I wonder what could be the possible file size: 100MB??!!! :P What could be the size of NAM 31 when it gets released? In my opinion, about 30 - 50MB. What's your estimated file size?

Having a decent idea of what's going into the new release, I think it's going to be a rather large file.  30-50MB is probably significantly under what'll end up being.

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on January 08, 2013, 01:05:27 PM
20% cooler meets 20% more confusing. (Direct links to PNGs.)

http://imageshack.us/a/img685/2094/image3113.png

Oh, and... http://imageshack.us/a/img259/8334/rhwinrulproblemdefeated.png

Well, the second one turned into about 200 lines of INRUL-14 code plus 2 lines of RUL2 code.

-Alex

Swordmaster

Quote from: Tarkus on January 08, 2013, 12:35:55 PM
And then there's the auditory equivalent, the Shepard tone.

-Alex

Never thought I'd see that one ever mentioned in a SC4 thread. I use a trick based on its principles quite often in my songwriting.

Cheers
Willy

memo

I've never heard of it before. It reminds me of l'escalier du diable.

Tarkus

Quote from: Swordmaster on January 08, 2013, 02:16:50 PM
Never thought I'd see that one ever mentioned in a SC4 thread. I use a trick based on its principles quite often in my songwriting.

I suppose that's what happens when you have a number of musically-inclined folks involved with development. ;D

In other news, I fixed this.  So we appear to be good to go on the DxD setups now.

-Alex