• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thundercrack83

Kalanc69: After reading what I wrote, I probably should clarify: What I should have said was if they don't come back, it would be a shame. You're right, the way I wrote it seemed like I was implying the anonymous poster or whoever planned not to come back. I apologize for the misunderstanding, and also to David for this little off-topic tangent. Just wanted to clear it up...

Rayden

Geez guys, so much to read, so little to see. C'mon, let's forget about this and get back in topic. David, I dare you to make a fantastic update, like you usually do and get this 3RR back on rails :thumbsup:

Gaston

白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

keithsed

David:

I went over to STEX to download your ploppable river rapids and the file was locked.  I checked on your other downloads on STEX and they are locked also.  What's the deal? #?¿?¿?$

Where can I get a copy of your ploppable river rapids?  I looked here LEX and they are not here either. I would sure like to use them on a river I'm working on.   ;D

Thanks

Keith

dedgren

Folks, I won't deny it- it's really been a pretty trying day.  Nothing to do with SC4- just the old RL blues.  Just wanted you to know, though, that I'm out here- not unhappy with anyone (in fact, I thought we had a good exchange about the rules, and I'm proud of everyone who posted his and her thoughts for speaking plainly).

Just thought I'd go off to bed leaving you with something beautiful...

We'll have some fun detailing this over the next little bit.

Night, folks.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

M4346

I hope that you feel better soon, and that we'll get right back to the regular 3RR. ;D

Sleep well and have a great day tomorrow (although it's already 10:40 SAST, compared to 23:40 / 11:40 pm your time).  :)

Looking forward to the detailing of the above.

Regards,

M
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

emilin

Hope you'll be feeling better soon.

That's really a lovely picture you posted last. Nicely edited - or is it something else? - you must have done some tweaking to get that angle on the shot for sure?

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

NikNik

David, congrats to your new status of Admin.
Wow we are already 2 1/2 pages further before I can comment. there are indeed a lot of readers/followers here at 3RR!

-WARNING Serious interlude ahead-

Quote from: dedgren on January 28, 2007, 03:35:29 PM
[Well, now I've got to do what I came here to do in the first place.  I need to let my friends Nik-nik and Serkanner know that the Simtroplis references (Nik's ST screenie and Serkanner saying I had made a wise choice to leave ST) they made in posts on my MD were not necessary, and that similar sorts of things in the future shouldn't be repeated. 

You've made me shake now:

(Copyright Original Artists)

I am afraid that you misunderstood my ST-screenie, David. It's all about me not being able to access ST. Later I found out that I pulled a plug with my foot and hence I could not access the Internet. I hoped the me name-calling myself as being a smartass would be a sufficient pun. I apologize if this has not been the case.

Please, let me make one thing for sure. I have nothing against Dirk or at any of the other Admins at Simtropolis or at Simtropolis in general. In fact I have the highest regards for these guys. I think if it wasn't for ST Simcity4 would not be where it is today. Thank you, Dirk for that.

Today I regularily visit ST, check out CJ's, downloading from STEX etc. But I have been at SC4D since the beginning, which gives SC4D a special place in my heart and therefore I spend more time here than on ST. That is the only reason.

As for the downtime of ST in general, I learned to life with it. Those guys at ST are far more PC literate than I am, so who am I to blame them for down time.

- End of Serious interlude-

- Start comment on posted screenies-
Wow, that tutorial on the making of the little creek is absolutely great! Thank you. Especially the way you worked at the base of the waterfall has made me see that I need to install the ploppable water mod (no I haven't done that yet, shame, shame).

Your last shot of Concho Creek Canyon must be a RL photo.  :thumbsup:
It is so increadibly gorgeous. :thumbsup:

Those white streamlines (I do not know otherwise how to describe them) in the water are not in game are they?

- End comment on posted screenies-

Nik-Nik

your_adress_here

When I did my usual scrolling down the page to see how many pictures there are, I thought at first that the most recent picture was in fact real... It's only when I when back to actually look at it that I noticed it was actually SC4... that is one beautiful picture.
Bookah!

bat

Wonderful picture! Excellent river / waterfall!

exodus101

Hey David,

Great, great, great picture!  I think that's absolutely one of your best (and I'm not being biased because I have a special connection to the falls).  Once again you've shown us how to make SC4 come alive.  I second NikNik's question about the white streamlines.  My guess is that you extended the ploppable water down the creek bed a bit and this resulted in that nice little ripple effect (which you may not have even wanted - I don't know).  Anyhow, excellent picture.

By the way, thanks for the sign.  I was wondering if one might turn up.  I figured that it had probably gotten lost in the overgrowth on the side of the road and simply needed to be untangled from a mess of vines and bushes.  Nonetheless, it appears no worse for the wear and looks great!

Have a good one...

-Stephen

Darmok

Great pic David, it's now the wallpaper on my PC at work, (my "other" computer), my main workhorse is a G5.
And as my wallpaper on this one is Liv Tyler as Arwen in L O T R Desktops/Return Of The King/Arwen..... don't get me wrong I really like your pic... but Arwen!!... life is great for Tolkien fans!  ;)
Hummm... back to topic, lovely creek you have there! Wouldn't mind fly fishing there!

Take care

-John

@Niek (Nik-Nik)  Hehehe.... just loved the shaking dog!  you made my day!
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=112.last#last

If you have a closed mind, do the same with your mouth

Gaston

As always another great update.

NikNik you posted :
QuoteThose white streamlines (I do not know otherwise how to describe them) in the water are not in game are they?
If you look closely and I mean very closely you can see something that David is IMHO one of the very best at accomplishing; the transition between 'ploppable' and 'in-game water'.     And I am sure there will be more to be seen.    &apls   He,(once again IMHO) is a veritable David Copperfield linkie , the Sigfried and Roy linkie , the Houdini linkie of the 'in-game' water / 'ploppable' water transition. 
And he uses no mirrors ...   :-\   ... And it just vanishes.    Oooooooooh
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

dedgren

Heh, folks...folks...

Photoshopping without telling you?  Moi?

Never has happened.  Never will.

Didn't happen in the last pic.

Didn't happen in this one, either.

Or this one, for that matter.

...back to [sigh!] earning a living...I'll be back this evening.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

M4346

Oh you are such a tease David. :P (I hope you don't mind me calling you David. I actually have to ask your permission... in Afrikaans / German I'd have to address you in the "Formal You" until you state otherwise, and first names are a big no-no. As you are quite a few years my senior, but I don't think you want me pointing that out? Sorry if I'm being a pain in the backside. :P)

Those pics, like all your others, look good. Photoshopping or no photoshopping, they're masterpieces! I've actually started to employ your techniques on creating realistic stream valleys.  :thumbsup: I'll show it soon enough!

Enjoy earning a living, I feel your pain. Well, it's almost 22:00 / 10 pm here and I'll be off to bed soon!

Regards,

-M- (or Marius if you want to.  :D)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Rayden

I can assure David never Photoshops anything, ever. But, on the other hand, I don't know about Paintshoping $%Grinno$%

sandrasim1

Those pics look great...looking forward to the next chapter
"I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work"  Thomas Alva Edison

threestooges

If I have viewed the pics right, it seems that the creek/river is really shallow game water (hence the white lines as the "waves" hitting the shore) with plop water underneath in order to carry on the color. It is a stunning effect. Plop a tent right by that clump of rocks on the bottom left of the earlier pic and youll have one heck'uva good camp site.

Tarkus

Hey David-

Wow!  Those pics look incredible . . .   :shocked2:  And the Photoshop accusations . . . it's about like how Emerson, Lake & Palmer (one of my all-time favorite bands) were accused of being robots %brg/·$ back in the early 1970s.  (I've only read about it, since I hadn't been born yet.)

I haven't messed around with ploppable water too much, yet (other than qurlix's free-flowing stream mod) though I did manage to get your eyecandy lots of the STEX before they went away.  It's something I'll have to mess around with some more, once I make some more headway with my various Transit Modding projects . . .

And congratulations on your admin status as well! 

Best Regards,
Tarkus (Alex)

@John (Darmok):  Though those 3RR picks are amazing, I can't blame you for keeping your Arwen desktop on your G5 . . . Liv Tyler . . .   &blush

thundercrack83

Quote from: Rayden on February 01, 2007, 12:54:47 PM
I can assure David never Photoshops anything, ever. But, on the other hand, I don't know about Paintshoping $%Grinno$%

I was thinking the same thing! I wonder...

Anyway, these shots look great to me! I can't wait to see them detailed even more! I'll be looking forward to the next update.