• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Overlay Textures.

Started by baconrocky, February 28, 2007, 08:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baconrocky

Hello, I am new to the Lot Editor World, and I wanted to know if it is possible to place two overlay textures on one square? thanks!

BarbyW

The simple answer is no. There is a way of doing it but in game it is possible that only one or the other will show so it isn't recommended.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Badsim

I can't totally agree with you BarbyW ... cause I use multiple overlays so often... that's right they don't appear all at anytimes but it's quite easy to solve this by playing with the zoom level . I've never had a crash for that so the annoyance can be only visual .

baconrocky here is the trick with LE , I just advice you to use this for your own use (Not if you want to share ) : select the first overlay you desire , "plop" it , select the second overlay , hit DD on your keyboard , "plop" it , and so on .... I personally have Lots (with parked cars for example ) with 4 overlays ...

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

BarbyW

I agree, Badsim, that it is a purely visual problem and for purposes such as your own there is not problem with doing what you suggest. In fact until the advent of SC4Tool that was the way that transit enabling was done. The only reason I don't recommend it is for sharing purposes as it can cause the visual problem but as you said it won't crash a game.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

jeronij

Quotethat's right they don't appear all at anytimes but it's quite easy to solve this by playing with the zoom level

Futher explanation would be welcome  ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Badsim

OK . Nothing's better than an example ....

On this first pic , the corner tile of Swiss Caliban has 4 overlays . 2 are missing : yellow parking road-marking ...

With a zoom back level , they're still missing ...

Another zoom back , they all appear.... (if you don't need glasses ... :P)...

Now (sometimes it doesn't work first time ) you can zoom again ...

... when you have them all , they will stay all visible as long as you don't change your zoom level .

That's not very important , I personally take care of that when I need pictures to share .
Notice that in the same way , when you change base textures on a Lot , if you don't delete previous ones before (normally LE overwrite them automatically ) you can have bugs , LE saving two base textures on the same tiles which will appear randomly , depending of the zoom level in-game . Hope to be clear ... ;)

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

jeronij

Perfectly understood  ;) Thanks for the clear example  :thumbsup:
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary