• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

b_schlurf's BAT_Werkstatt

Started by beutelschlurf, February 20, 2009, 02:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

are the building i've made in the right scale?

yes, they are!
no, dude there not!

Hi b_schlurf,

I must say your buildings look phenomenal, especially your textures. Your work has been a huge inspiration to me for my first BAT.  I agree with Spa though, the windows still look a little bland. But other than that, keep up the good work!

Cheers!
Pjotr

beutelschlurf

moin guys,

time for an update ...

mightygoose: thanks, i know about the windows ... there where no thextures init, so now i think i fixed it!  &Thk/(
kimcar: cheers
Don: thanx for visiting ... i know! to do an older looking city is just great! hope the buildings will be on lex soon ...  :P
vester: will do ...
spa: thanks mate ... changed the blue in the windows!
Sciurus: cheers mate for stoping by!
Pjotr: thanx a lot ... seen your thread ... nice start! keep it up!

45 East 20th Street (New York!)

put stuff in front of the floorshop and changed the looking of the windows ... forgot this the last time.
thanks for your opinion, anyway! helps alot!  :thumbsup:

ok ... think it's ready ...
... can start a new project!

cheers
b_schlurf

SimNation

Sciurus

Great great and... great! &apls &apls

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

mightygoose

looks cracking, cant wait to use it...
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

MTT9

When are you going to release this! I want to use it!
You can call me Matt

beutelschlurf

moin guys,

SimNation: thanx a lot ...
Sciurus: thanx to you as well!
mightygoose: cheers ... next building (probably 72 5th Avenue) goes for lex candidacy soon!
emmotic: 45 East 20th Street will be the third building to go for the lex ...

allright, here is the new project:

it's 42-44 Bond Street in New York  %BUd%

this will be the one to build over the next weeks!  ()stsfd()
as allways i'll do it less or more, like it would be around the turn to the 20th century ...  ??? (hope you guys know what i mean ...)

cheers
b_schlurf

BarbarossaS

this one is going to be trickier than the last because it has quite a lot of arches, but
I'm sure you'll pull through magnificently  :thumbsup:

I'm looking forward to your progress
good luck!!!

spa

At a certain pont you do have to declare things done and I would say 45 East 20th Street is at that point where it's into real subjective points. I think the additional time you spent with the window textures helped a lot. The blue just didn't fit. I like the details of blinds closed and the flashier glass on a few of the corner windows. Your storefront now really shines. It's just what this one needed. I look forward to adding it to my plugins. Good luck with 42-44 Bond Street. I look forward to seeing some progress shots as it develops!

bob56

ooo!!! more great BATS! I'd say it's ready.

Good luck on 42-44! I love how that buildinglooks squished between two moderns... &Thk/(
You can call me Grif

--Currently out of the office, will resume SC4 7/19

beutelschlurf

moin everybody,

BarbarossaS: thanx ... but this time i screwed up a bit!  &cry2 (explanation underneath the pic ...)
spa: you're right ... 45 East 20th Street is ready, for sure! ... it came out quite nicely. cheers!
bob56: yes ... and all of them are from New York  :P

... and here you get a glimpse of 42-44 Bond Street

as you can see, the three columns which bear the building are not wide enough, according to the window_panels  ... alltogether is the look of the building much lighter and not so heavy like the original!
what can i say ... i'm a bit unhappy about it!  &ops
i know, i should do better, but i guess i leave it as it is. i tried to scale it, but it teared apart the propotions ...  &mmm

okay enough of the dimenions, here something about the configuration and the furniture:
as for all of my bats i try to have an older look so i changed the groundfloor to a shop and a proper entrance into the building ...
the roofjunk and the view of the backalley will follow! ... ha, and of course the textures!
anyway, if you guys don't look at the original too closely, it might still be a good building to fit a city!  :P
suggestions are welcome ...

cheers
b_schlurf

BarbarossaS

I don't really see the problem here. I keep scrolling back and forth between the RL pic and your render and, well, either my eyesight is failing, or
either I'm looking at a great realistic bat, wich I would be glad to have in my cities.  :P

homefryes

Oh, my, :o I definitely have to agree with BarbarossaS. I think it's perfectly acceptable as it is, and quite marvelous at that. &apls The scale difference between the RL columns and yours is inconsequential, IMO. I wouldn't agonize over it any further. Keep up the magnificent work! I look forward to when I can fill the downtown areas in my region with these masterpieces of yours (which I am nowhere near ready to do, so you have LOTS of time! :D)

-- Don
Utility Poles Project [linkie]
Ashtabula (the MD) is not dead; it's just on a really long hiatus!
Check out Homefryes' BATatorium

spa

Your version does feel taller and lighter. The real thing is kind of squat and heavy. I think your version is perfectly fine though. The real thing is one of those buildings that just doesn't translate perfectly into Sim City. Just eyeballing it, it strikes me that this one wasn't going to go into the arbitrary 16m across tile. The real thing is just a little a few units too wide. Probably would be perfect 18m across, but then it wouldn't be a wall to wall in game. All and all, I think your version is great and I wouldn't sweat the slight difference in proportions.

homefryes

spa makes an excellent point "$Deal"$ ... and another thing along those lines: it's been my experience (with my limited number of BATs) that things always seem shorter in-game anyway as opposed to in BAT. It may just be the nature of the non-perspective view in the game, I guess. &mmm So ... that all being said, I think what you have done is terrific, and I hope you'll grow to be comfortable with it. Of course, I know how hard it is when it's yours ... you want it to be perfect in your eyes! ;)

-- Don
Utility Poles Project [linkie]
Ashtabula (the MD) is not dead; it's just on a really long hiatus!
Check out Homefryes' BATatorium

beutelschlurf

moin everybody,

hey, ... thanx a lot you guys for backing this up. :thumbsup:
you know exectly how i is ... it's like putting something of ourself into it  ???  :P
i try to find buildings wich are 16m in there width, sometimes it fits perfectly somtimes don't ... as in life!  :D
if you we do things, it has to be in the right way and proper, of course!
we are at Sim City 4 Devotion after all!
anyway, cheers to you!

and here you go ...

next things to do:
i got this new idea to put old newspaper and a bit rubish onto the backalley, like it used to be in the older days  :P
have to see if it adds to the realism!
and bit by bit doing the textures ...  /wrrd%&

btw. should i add some windows to the firewall (like at the other buildings) ... the original hasn't got some, at least there are not visible (because of buildings W2W next to it)?

b_schlurf

aNdi

Looks awesome  :)
the details are great!
can´t wait to see more

Berlin: Verdammt dazu ewig zu werden und niemals zu sein.

BATting projects. Currently: Berliner Stadtschloss

baconrocky

Perhaps you should make it look like windows were once there on the fire-wall, but bricked up? does that make sense?

like this,

delija21

Some really good work going on here...nice attention to the details....just have to love it :)

Red Star Production is now on FACEBOOK

beutelschlurf

moin everybody,

first some replies:
aNdi: thanx a lot ... still have to figure out how to do proper textures.
        seen your thread and have to say, you are doing a great job for our hometown
        :thumbsup:
baconrocky: it makes sense, of course! great idea ... did it already!  :P
delija21: cheers mate ... your bat's are great too! especially your department stores

here an update of 42-44 Bond Street
... we are close to the finish line!  /wrrd%&

things, still to do!
texturing the windows ... and add some details like adverts and dirt to the brick_wall!
maybe you guys got some ideas!
thanx in advance ...

b_schlurf