• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

b_schlurf's BAT_Werkstatt

Started by beutelschlurf, February 20, 2009, 02:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

are the building i've made in the right scale?

yes, they are!
no, dude there not!

beutelschlurf

moin everybody,

thanx to everyone ... who came along!
did'nt have much time lately, ...
to Gwail: you're right it's 90 5th Avenue! ... in New York  %BUd%

that's the next project ...

but while you're waiting, you should have some fun with the next upload to the STEX, it is 42-44 Bond Street!

thanx
b_schlurf

beutelschlurf

moin guys,

sorry for double-posting ...  &mmm
..., but here you get some progress:

you remember the Grabler Building?

it will come as a industrial lot 2x2, would I-m be suitable?
in some details i'm not sure about it's appearance:  :P
shall i open up every blind in the frontview, add some things in the backyard, maybe roofing, ...
what do you think?

thanx a lot
b_schlurf

DebussyMan

The building looks very good. Love the signages. I like the blinds as they are, they give the building more visual interest. The only thing I'm not sure are the colors, might be a bit too dark (the roof is almost as dark as the absolute black of the background), I think brighter tones would make it fit better once it's placed in game.

Visit my new MD: Emerita Augusta 1910 - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15184.0

MTT9

As DebussyMan said, i would make the roof brighter. Apart from that, i think it's ready to be released. :thumbsup:
Can't wait for more!  ::)
You can call me Matt

just_a_guy

Good looking building! But maybe it wouldn't look to good in the middle of an industrial area. Maybe the bottom floors are industrial buisneses, but maybe the top floors are residential? I really don't know, but thats what it looks like to me.

Besides lightening up the roof texture, you should also add a bit more "junk". Since we mostly see the roofs in the game, it's not bad to exagerate right?

I'll be looking foward for it's release!
Come and check out my BATting works at:

Just_a_Guy's attempts at BATing

iskrem

Hey there beutelschlurf!

The building looks very good, as do all of the buildings I have seen i you thread :)
Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Regards

Iskrem

beutelschlurf

moin guys,

thanx to DebussyMan, emmotic, just_a_guy, iskrem and everyone else for your interest, i'll take every suggestion from you in seriously account. especially the change of the brightness! ... and add probably a bit more junk!  :P
sometimes i can't figure out how to do a texture that fits nicely, ... SimFox mentioned it earlier that i have to do the shaded sites brighter. i'm gonna follow his advise in the future, as well!
... in the meantime, have a lock at this one (clue: it's in New York %BUd% )

tell me what you think!

ähm, for the next time i'll do no bating/loting/uploading(Stex) for some time, because i'm doing my degree at university and need therefore every time i can get!
now and then i'll leave a comment anyway ...

cheers to everybody
b_schlurf

woodb3kmaster

I must say, your attention to detail is astonishing. It seems like every preview is top-notch work! Really, this is great stuff, b_schlurf! Great job!

As far as the Grabler building is concerned, I don't know if you've already finished the modding for it or not, but might I suggest including a R$$ loft version? A lot of older downtown factories have been converted into apartments in recent years, and I know that nofunk has done the same thing with some of his industrial BATs. Just some food for thought; the building is terrific as is! :thumbsup:

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

beutelschlurf

moin everybody,

still doin' my degree ..., but, you know, you just can't stay away from the site! ... so i resently came across some picture where i spoted some of my buildings,
what i thought was: hey something is wrong there. it seems that my bat's are somehow not in the proper scale, i allways multiplied with 1.4 after modeling, cause 1.3 would'nt fit to me (probably, because of my screen-settings) so, what i'm askin' you guys now, is to help me out please! if you got my bats and experienced something similiar i just pointed out, i would be a great help if you vote in the poll or make a statement.
... in the end it's all about improving and geting good bats ...

thanx a lot  :thumbsup:
b_schlurf

aNdi

N juten Morjn! :D

According to that last pic I really wondered if it even was a model or a real life picture, because of its realism, looks great already! even without textures.
so you're from Berlin aswell?
I hope your university stuff is turning out well for you, I also still need to write an essay for university... but at the moment batting seems to be the better fun!

Grüß dich!   :thumbsup:

Ps: seems like you're a fan of the elder new yourk city architecture?   ;)

And what's the matter with the Königsberger Klopse?  $%Grinno$%
Berlin: Verdammt dazu ewig zu werden und niemals zu sein.

BATting projects. Currently: Berliner Stadtschloss

MaxlMantis

Du checkst es halt ab, Alter!

Sehr schöne Gebäude, zwar nicht mein Style, aber perfekt!!!

gottago

Quote from: beutelschlurf on August 27, 2009, 09:01:14 AM
moin everybody,

still doin' my degree ..., but, you know, you just can't stay away from the site! ... so i resently came across some picture where i spoted some of my buildings,
what i thought was: hey something is wrong there. it seems that my bat's are somehow not in the proper scale, i allways multiplied with 1.4 after modeling, cause 1.3 would'nt fit to me (probably, because of my screen-settings) so, what i'm askin' you guys now, is to help me out please! if you got my bats and experienced something similiar i just pointed out, i would be a great help if you vote in the poll or make a statement.
... in the end it's all about improving and geting good bats ...

thanx a lot  :thumbsup:
b_schlurf

Hi b_schlurf!

Your bats are absolutely stunning! Incredible details and excellent textures--you do marvelous work, bravo!

I think your scale problem is this--if I understand  your post correctly, you are enlarging the entire building by 130% when you export, but you should only be enlarging the Z scale (height). This is what is making your buildings look too big in-game.

The idea is that the isometric view of SC4 causes normally scaled BATs to look squashed, and so the rule-of-thumb is to stretch them by a third vertically once you've finished modeling them for export to SC4.

Hope this helps, and keep up the great BATting work--but don't mess up your school to do so  ;)

btw, since you are doing NYC W2W lofts and downtown commercial buildings, did you tweak the site dimensions of your BATs to work as w2w in-game from the outset, or are they faithful to RL? If you go back to rescale them and re-export the ones you've already done, you might want to tweak your scaling so that the BATs work as w2w.

Sciurus

Es sit sehr schön, aber ist es normal, der Schatten in der Seite der Building?
It's very nice, but is the shadow normal on the side of the building?

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

serebii666

"If Kyle has 3 apples and is shorter that John who has 7 and if John is taller than Jenny who just graduated from Harvard, how old is Karen?"

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

peterycristi

Moin,

your bats are looking always fantastic! The grade of detail is incredible :shocked2:! Why you didn't fall in love with havanna, i could need some help!  :D

Grüße

Peter
H I S T O R I S C H E S   B E R L I N