• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Copenhagen Pictures

Started by vester, August 21, 2009, 01:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

io_bg

Beautiful light and shots :thumbsup:
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

vester

TY, Yoan.

Sunset over the island Amager:

Dusk at Bryggebroen - the Brygge Bridge:

The building with the yellow light on the right is Aller building. The chimneys is the H.C. Ørstedsværket, H.C. Ørstedværket Powerplant.

Blue skies over Vesterbro:

vester

Here is a few pictures from the last month with rain and a lot of clouds:

rainbows:

(second one I saw that day)

a lot of beautiful colors:

noahclem

Beautiful fall colors and fascinating buildings  &apls

vester

Thank you Noah.

First of a statue of Adam Oehlenschläger:

Yes his name is a bit of a spelling test. The next street over from my place is name after him. He was born in a house that was placed were the streets starts.
He was a Danish poet and playwright. He wrote the song "Der er et yndigt land", which is now the national anthem of Denmark.

Here is one from close by, in Frederiksberg Have / Frederiksberg Garden:

Jumping back to the lakes (Queen Louises Bridge crossing them):

Yes its getting cold around here, so you better find your warm hat.

Sunset over the lakes:

jmyers2043

Hey Arne ... fall is a great time to take pictures :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

vester

Jim it sure is, but the days around here is getting shorter and shorter.....
Haven't taken a lot of pictures. Its more or less dark when I get of work. Have a few ideas for pictures.

One is.......
You just have to wait.!

Went by the boats. This time I had time to go to the other side of the lake:

A few steps to the right:

The Frederiksberg Palace.

Here is a one from the top of the hill next the palace:

A view over Copenhagen and Frederiksberg.

The palace and the boats are to the left of the tree at the edge.

A bit further of to the back:

Flatron

Jeg tror, ​​jeg er nødt til at se min tid København!
Jeg gerne! &apls
It's a really great city and I find the bike infrastructure quite nice.
Brilliant photos! :thumbsup:

teddyrised

Wauw! Fantastisk :D

I was actually staying with my friend at Frederiksberg last weekend, and we were walking in that very same park, too :) took a few photos but never got around to processing them in LightRoom :P

It is a very nice park - and the ducks/birds are totally unafraid of human presence.

vester

Thank you Flatron and teddyrised.

Flatron: I hardly ever gets into a bus. Sometime a train. 9 out of 10, with my bike.
Like to get to the place without being all worked out. And if you take the train home (one can run out of time) it hasn't cost anything to take bike with you :D.

Here is a few night pictures. I hardly have time atm to take any daylight picture. Sun gets up at around 8 and gets down at 15:15.
But hey, we got those looooooong summer days and light summer nights. Wouldn't live without them.

The botanic garden.

Bella Sky, maybe ?
(You can see the top of it to the left in the previous picture)

Bella Sky. One out of 10 shots.

MTT9

That last building looks pretty cool. Great pics vester :)
You can call me Matt

Swordmaster

Great pictures here. I heartily approve of anyone taking the bike anywhere- as I do.

Cheers
Willy

vester

If going to work by bus and train it would take 5-10 mins by bus, then 5-10 mins by train, then 5-10 min walk. On top of that comes the waiting. Not a lot, but still...

I can do it in 10-12 mins on bike.

Swordmaster

Quote from: vester on November 28, 2012, 05:51:08 PM
If going to work by bus and train it would take 5-10 mins by bus, then 5-10 mins by train, then 5-10 min walk. On top of that comes the waiting. Not a lot, but still...

I can do it in 10-12 mins on bike.

Then it's an obvious choice. For me, too, actually: I don't even have the option of taking a train, since I am the train. :D

Cheers
Willy

Jmouse

Stunning photos, especially the night shots. It's that time of year when it gets dark much too early – 5 p.m. here. Still, you've captured some really nice photos. Thanks for sharing them with us.

noahclem

Great pics  &apls  I love the water present in so many of these pics and around copenhagen and your night pictures look great. That last building is fascinating!

Getting pretty dark around here too, though at least the sun is still rising above the horizon for a couple more weeks. When I work outside the building I live in I typically walk, about 5 minutes. Having a bike would be nice though now that it's winter it's easier to ski to work  ;)

vester

Here some picture of the town hall:

The red light on the town hall is to mark the international AIDS day.

Swordmaster

Good shots there, Arne. Seeing this, I was wondering, do they do Christmas lighting over there? Over here, the town is all flush with lights and trees, it's tempting to start my own picture thread of Antwerp.

Cheers
Willy

vester

We do have Christmas lights. Mostly on the mayor streets.

Here is a few night shots.

First we have one of the Aller Building:

Some of the building, the Crystal:

vester

A picture from this afternoon. Copenhagen Harbour with a low setting winter sun seen from the bridge Knippelsbro:

The green building is one of the two control towers on the bridge.
The black building  on the left is the new extension to the Royal Library: The Black Diamant.
In the middle is Langebro (Literally Long Bridge) with the H.C. Ørsted Powerplant.
Sidenote: H.C. Ørsted discover electromagnetism