• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Meldolion's Randland

Started by meldolion, March 01, 2007, 08:00:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

meldolion

Thanks you all for the visit and kind comments!!

Here is a small update (mmm not update 2... let's call it update 1.5 :D)of a first developing of the mainland... (the development of the region will be a bit slow because i'm doing this during work pauses...)

Windbiter's Fingers:

The ferry landing from Tremalking...

And a bit of rapids :)

see you later :).
Luca

NikNik

Hi Luca,

Nice development on the small island. I agree with you getting rid of the seaside walk.
Windbiter's fingers looks very nice, lot's of variety.
The rapids look thunderous.
try to remember pressing G before taking pics. It makes them so much nicer.

Nik-Nik

bat

Great overview and fantastic two new pictures! :thumbsup:

Rayden

Nice scenic pictures, I love the rapids/waterfalls  :thumbsup:

dedgren

Luca, hey-

They could put your "rapids" pic next to the word "gorge" in the dictionary and not need to waste any additional words.

Does your ferry landing generate its own power, or are you using one of those power generation lots next to it?  I always have a challenge with remote sited stuff in my regions.

I'll be watching for Update 2.0.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

meldolion

Quote from: dedgren on March 05, 2007, 07:28:00 AM

Does your ferry landing generate its own power, or are you using one of those power generation lots next to it?  I always have a challenge with remote sited stuff in my regions.

Hi David Thsnks for your visit!!
As for the ferry landing I use a power generating lot, as in the following picture

Luca

thundercrack83

Great mini-update, meldolion! I love the rapids, they look fantastic! And the mountain lake looks great, too! Keep up the good work!

oldrogue

Like the update (half an update :D),  Love the rapids, and I use that power lot myself quite a bit......question tho.....what rock texture do you use?   I sure do like it.
Sometimes I go into my own little world....but it's ok, they know me there.

meldolion

Quote from: oldrogue on March 05, 2007, 06:27:44 PM
Like the update (half an update :D),  Love the rapids, and I use that power lot myself quite a bit......question tho.....what rock texture do you use?   I sure do like it.

Thanks your visit! I'm happy you find my attempts worth :)
As for the rock texture I use Peg's Rock Mod - Limestone (Link), for the terrain I use Meadowshire with the Olympic Beach :)

kwakelaar

Certainly a good start for your MD the small town with the beach and the rapids are well done.

oldrogue

Thanks for the info my friend....went directly to Pegs (thanks for the linkie) and of course stayed for half an hour and downloaded a bunch of stuff &ops....oh well..

petercintn

A belated welcome to MD land, Meldolion.  Looking foward to following this.  Good Luck.
Carolina Tar Heels... National Champs again!

rooker1

Great update, the rapids down the mountain looks very good and so does the ferry landing.  What's next? ::)
Call me Robin, please.

meldolion

Randland - Update 2 - The city of Salidar

Hi all!! I've started to develop the rural city of Salidar.. Tell me what you think of it..
My intention is to develop some rural town before starting the delopement of the big cities :)

An overview of the city:

Zoning for the farms....

Farms :)

The power plant (I've yet to decide how to make it more realistic...Advice welcome :)

The small town of Salidar itself...

Hope you like...

Luca

NikNik

Hi Luca,

Nice rural update.

How to make the powerplant more realistic?
If you prefer to use this transformator with powerlnes I would use different power lines. I believe they are made by Fukuda and are found on STEX here
I would loose the street ring as the sand road (that comes with the fences) should be enough for service personnel to enter the site. Then I would use jestarr's HVPowerLines to draw a powerline across the fences and use from there on the usual powerlines if need be.

Finally why put the powerplant way up in the mountain. If you look around in the country side you see a lot of powerlines with substations between the fields.

Nik-Nik

bat

Great rural images! Wonderful update! :thumbsup:

Cali

"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

thundercrack83

Your farms, are beautiful meldolion! I love how they surround the little town of Salidar. Great update!

oldrogue

Excellent work, my kind of area....well, at least the kind of area that I enjoy working on the most......beautiful......meets the first criteria of a town that I am building.....Would I live there...... and for this town the answer is yeppers! :thumbsup:

Heinz

great work mel! (if i may call you that)
   coming from a generally agricultural country (Philippines) and an archipelago at that, i really enjoy seeing islands that are almost self-sufficient. your "trekking" island, tremalking is a good example. and the rural areas surrounding a small town are commonplace here, too. good luck developing!