• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Uniform street lighting add on

Started by xannepan, October 30, 2010, 11:39:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lowkee33

Quote from: RippleJet on February 22, 2011, 05:05:11 AM
Yes please, open up a candidacy! :)
I'm sure Carl is eager to look at it... ::)

:)  That is a neat trick with the acronym there.

I am very much looking forward to getting my hands on this  :D (Which I can do if you post on the STEX anyway).

I haven't tested anything like this, so there will be a learning curve for me.  I have some questions that will speed it up though.  If I plop a $$ lot across the street from an unoccupied High Denisity zone, will the props be HD$$?  I would test every $ and density, would this be a good way to isolate T21s?

kodlovag

OK, I opened a LEX candidacy topic, and sent a link to BarbyW.

Visit my MD, welcome to Archipelago

kodlovag

Quote from: Lowkee33 on February 22, 2011, 03:43:15 PM
:)  That is a neat trick with the acronym there.

I am very much looking forward to getting my hands on this  :D (Which I can do if you post on the STEX anyway).

I haven't tested anything like this, so there will be a learning curve for me.  I have some questions that will speed it up though.  If I plop a $$ lot across the street from an unoccupied High Denisity zone, will the props be HD$$?  I would test every $ and density, would this be a good way to isolate T21s?

Plopped areas usually get different T21s, than zoned. To test zoned areas I think it's best to use a high demand mod, and grow buildings.
Growing buildings always $/$$/$$$, but plopped buildings can be 0 wealth. Like a school or hospital... 0 wealth areas usually get $$ lamp pots, this is the game default. Industrial areas get $$ lights on $$$ areas. Some areas, like highways and bridges always get the same lights. The whole image is a bit complex, but basically I tried to copy how the game uses T21s and props.

Normally T21s are grouped by
1: no zone, all valid combination of LD/MD/HD RCI, agriculture, waste, military, airport, seaport, plopped. (all together 16)
2: wealth (0,$,$$,$$$)
3: placement/pattern types (rotated, flipped, pattern size)

But new T21s are only split by wealth to get the correct wealth props. Ingame Maxis T21s are more complex, but they are just repaired to appear correctly.

Lowkee33

I would make my own plops with each of the wealth levels.  Would this be sufficient (if the streets also had empty zones on them)?    Would the wealth of a plop override the wealth of a zone across the street? 

I like to have as few things going on as possible when I test something.  This way it is easier to isolate things.  For instance, rather than use a high demand mod, I would make a stage 1 residence and make it grow only on High Density zones.

kodlovag

Quote from: Lowkee33 on February 23, 2011, 11:10:18 AM
I would make my own plops with each of the wealth levels.  Would this be sufficient (if the streets also had empty zones on them)?    Would the wealth of a plop override the wealth of a zone across the street? 

I like to have as few things going on as possible when I test something.  This way it is easier to isolate things.  For instance, rather than use a high demand mod, I would make a stage 1 residence and make it grow only on High Density zones.

I'm not completely sure, how the game works, but it basically must be the following:
- zones only have density
- lots only have wealth
- plopped areas are counted as low density
- empty zones are counted as 0 wealth
- if there are more different densities next to a tile, then the higher density is counted
- if there are more different wealths next to a tile, then the higher wealth is counted
- if there are different developers RCI/plop next to a tile, then... well, I don't know how the game selects. The overriding order is probably R-C-plop
- Proper T21s are selected per tile for each network, except for avenue, which is T21ed globally (avenue sections)
- for each network tile the following data is calculated:
    wealth: 0-3
    zone type: 0 unzoned, 1 LDR, 2 MDR, 3 HDR, 4 LDC, 5 MDC, 6 HDC, 7 Ind Reseurce, 8 MDI, 9 HDI, ..., F plopped building
    network placement pattern
    (flips allowed)
    (rotations allowed)
    network piece ID
- if there is a T21 satisfying every line, it will be displayed on that network tile with the correct flip and rotation
- if there are more possible T21s, then one randomly selected

What should be tested:
- is every tile gets the correct wealth lamp post? (Question: which one should be the correct? Because $$$ industry gets $$ stretlights, plopped areas are many times not wealth dependent and get $$ lights... Default by Maxis)
- are lamp post props placed correctly? (position, rotation)
- are light cones placed correctly?
- is lighting uniform?
- are every supported tile get lights?

Lowkee33

Thanks, this will certainly get me started. 

Badsim

Excellent news about that , from now , essential Mod ... could bring me back in town . ::)

&apls &apls &apls

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

kodlovag

USL is on the STEX.
I made a support thread http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=12674.0

Question: how can I set up the first post to appear at the top of every new page?

MandelSoft

^^ You can't, only sticky topics have that ability.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

kodlovag

Further improvements:
Lights are added for SAM 8 - Cobblestone
Lights are added for the basic 90 turn, T and + intersections, and End pieces.
There are many different intersections, and sometimes even the similar pieces are rotated compared to each other, and require writing new T21s, and not just copy-paste.

I'm also thinking on how to add lights to road and avenue intersections by modding the stoplight props. By this method lights can be added without modifying any intersection T21s.

kodlovag

Biriali uploaded a mod to the STEX, which adds lights to RHW4 and MIS. As it's using the default Maxis lamp post props, it's compatible to USL.
Street Lights for Elevated and Diagonal RHW-4 and MIS

and an older mod for RHW lighting, also compatible
RHW Lights and Barriers 1 by Xyloxadoria

noahclem

Great to hear they're compatible! USL for SAM 8 and RHW will be a great improvement!!

ivo_su

Can someone help me. I have a huge problem as I installed ITC_LRM (Light mode). Of 80-90% of my AVE-4 medians them disappeared regardless of whether or  not buildings around them. So now they are illuminated only about intersections. It's driving me crazy  and spent  out of balance.  I tried  to uninstall this mod but its effects remained.
I generally like it and what he does with the light but I have my Decoration AVE-4 medians.The game itself is crazy and different avenues is wrong but the rest is just land with nothing  on it even lighting.

Please help me, it is important  to me

Ivo

MandelSoft

One problem could be that you have installed the T21s for $$$ avenue median lights, while you haven't installed the corresponding light models.

And about those skyscrapers: are they plopped, or did you grow them. If you plop them, it may result that these skyscrapers have in fact no wealth and so no median props appear. This may also cause your problem. Test what happens if you put a zone right next to the avenue?

Best,
Maarten

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

ivo_su

Quote from: mrtnrln on May 30, 2011, 11:19:05 PM
One problem could be that you have installed the T21s for $$$ avenue median lights, while you haven't installed the corresponding light models.

And about those skyscrapers: are they plopped, or did you grow them. If you plop them, it may result that these skyscrapers have in fact no wealth and so no median props appear. This may also cause your problem. Test what happens if you put a zone right next to the avenue?

Best,
Maarten

Please believe me my friend in this city all the buildings you grew yourself. I managed some time ago  to retool CAM and increased demand for a maximum, it is possible  to have only skyscrapers but the problem is with Avenues and installed this mod. Indeed the situation  is desperate ...