• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Uniform street lighting add on

Started by xannepan, October 30, 2010, 11:39:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kodlovag

Short update
I finished all of the avenue and highway bridges, and I'm working on the road bridges now. Then I will search for the one-way and street bridges in the NAM. Not too much left. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. These will be the last T21s for the first release. There are about 1000 T21s in this mod. One thousand really. I will count them, when ready.
Visit my MD, welcome to Archipelago

Girafe

1000   ()lurker()

good job wait for the end   :thumbsup:
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

kodlovag

I finished T21s. No more for Release 1. I also decided the name: Uniform StreetLighting (USL) Mod

Next I will finalize the first pole set (Maxis poles only) and fine tune the lights.
Then :
- Beta testing. I tried everything during development, so I don't expect too much bugs.
- Color versions.
- Writing a ReadMe file.
- Uploading Release 1

Other pole sets will come later.

Lowkee33

Very nice work.  I too will wait for release  &apls

kodlovag

After recovering my system from a hardwer error, I can continue development. (I just wanted to connect a new 1TB SATA HDD to my very old motherboard. As old as the game. I didn't expected so much truble, and the HDD still doesn't work. I must update BIOS first, with a modded BIOS to support large SATA drives... ) I still have video driver problems, the game can't run correctly in fullscreen mode.

Two new images, beta testing is in progress. I made a white color version for streets (also applied on several lots). Other image is with full natrium yellow colors. I hate these stupid jpegs, the original in-game and png colors are so much better. Much more saturated.

Girafe

Good job  ;)

Are you planning to mod the NAM pieces like curves ?
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Glazert

Well if it is going to be "so much better" in game than these jpegs then it is going to be really stupendous, since the "stupid" jpegs are so impressive. I can almost image I am in a plane flying overhead.

kodlovag

Quote from: Girafe on January 27, 2011, 03:58:26 PM
Good job  ;)

Are you planning to mod the NAM pieces like curves ?

Yes, but only in a later release. Sithlrd98 already made T21s for textured NAM curves. They are using the default ingame lights, so my mod will automatically apply on them as street pieces. But I'm sure there will be issues with mirrored pieces, and won't be as uniform as other pieces, because that mod was not designed for using with USL.

Many NAM pieces are already supported, like MHW pieces, roundabouts, turning lanes, ortho NWM pieces, bridges....
If the piece already has T21 using default game lights, it will get the modded street lights. Like several tram avenue pieces.
But no support for RHW, MHW intersections...

sithlrd98

What a great project!!!  &apls I'm slowly catching up after a long absence, and I stumble upon this thread with 2 things I really have been wishing for!One of the projects I was working on before I got so busy in R/L was a Sidewalk mod using Mas san's beautiful Sakura trees and replacing the lights with a more Japanese flavor. http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2897.msg254668#msg254668  So Mas san whipped up some lights , but there were no cones so, no light and I had no clue how to make them and was unable to adapt any existing ones to make it all work,so I abandoned the idea.But after seeing this and having recently re-aquired the SC4 bug is making me rethink that! And now I see that we will have a Uniformed lighting package to make things look just that much better....I came back at the right time! HAHA

QuoteYes, but only in a later release. Sithlrd98 already made T21s for textured NAM curves. They are using the default ingame lights, so my mod will automatically apply on them as street pieces. But I'm sure there will be issues with mirrored pieces, and won't be as uniform as other pieces, because that mod was not designed for using with USL.
Yeah, I kinda over did the props on that one! It was my first real T-21 experience , and I had no real plan on how I was going to do them. I have no clue how you have kept your sanity with 1,000 of them!!! And I would agree, that although the actual T-21 process is not the most difficult, it would be awesome to have a tool to help streamline the process!

Oh..and anyone interested in tackling those curves..I also wrote up a lil Tut on them with all the info to re-do them..along with each piece IID..http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=7600.0

Jayson

kodlovag

Nice to see you there Jayson. First of all I want to finish and release a Maxis pole set only to minimize the number of dependencies (to one or even zero). But if you can send me the Japanese lights, I will try to force them to work. Maybe later it can be included in a Japanese pole set.

kodlovag

NWM support

Many people like Peg's Utopian Avenues. Me too. It's now supported.

Ciuu96

Amazing work! Those utopian avenues also look great with your nightlightnings, might be a reason for me to get them. :P Looks awesome, waiting this (and the colour variations) very much.  :)
Has it really been almost 2 years?
Must return. :)

kodlovag

Maxis pole set completed with the first orange lights.
Beta testing is still in progress. I think its time to start writing the readme.
Final step will be color versions. Replicating about 50 exemplars of the orange lights 5 times will be a bit boring, but I hope fast.

Lowkee33

The "clone" option by right clicking on file(s) might have your job done in a snap.

jmyers2043

Hello kodlovag

The above night shots look great. I didn't know until today about this project. Thank you very much. This is a definate download for sure.

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

xannepan

kodlovag

Test in progress

kodlovag

Milestone. I packed the first beta. It's under beta testing at my friend.
I counted the number of T21s in the beta: 1255. There are 57 light pole exemplars, only for the first color set.

[Delta ²k5]

&apls great! I cannot wait to see your first release of this very impressive mod! the night will never look like before. :thumbsup:

slystone2