• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Alba Ceann mu Dheas - Update - January 26th 2014

Started by rambuckel, October 01, 2011, 11:12:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kergelen

Nice job on the forest and waterfalls. I like the use of sorchin rocks especially near the brige.
Also beautiful scenes with horses in the fields and trails :)

Links to SC4 websites

rambuckel

Welcome back  :)

@nbvc: Thank you  :)

@chester: Thank you very much. I tried to coat the changeover with the JRJ-marsh.  :)

@dantes, framly, carlfatal, rooker, lior, kergelen: Thank you all very much  :)

Our journey through Stranraer District will end today. It will soon be continued around the city of Ayr. Well, here's an overview of the journey so far:

From Glentrool Visitor Center the journey goes on to Poibae. The way goes through the meadows into the village.

Finola and Gavin ride in western direction through the village where they also pass the farm to which the meadows belong.

The meadows adjoin in eastern and western direction to the road to Newton.

Not very spectecular: Poibae Downtown. A shop for farm requirements and a gas station. Poibae is nothing more than just village on the way from Carscreugh to Laggan.

Quite straight westwards we travel to the farm belonging to Angus Moffat. It is a wool producing farm in the southern edges of the Galloway Forest. Angus himself has retired recently and his son has overtaken responsibilities. The farm lies along the old road to Newton. It is barred to normal street traffic nowadays.

__

The farm cannot live from sale of wool alone anymore. Moffat Junior, Blake Moffat, therefore founded a small business company that offers Wagontours through Galloway Forest aswell as tours on occasion of weddings etc. A coach and a wagon just drive of in different directions.

On their way they pass some sheeps on their way to be cropped ... very modern driven by dog and car  ;D

Some more pictures of happy sheep:

__

Finola and Gavin stay a few days before they travel on to Kirkcowan. It once used to be an idyllic village. Nowadays there's not much left of it. An industrial estate has grown around the station of Kirkcowan that once just was a station to handle cattle. Not much changed about that ... only that the village has become an industrial estate and that the small cattle station has become a big one.

__

__

__

What's still over oft hat village ist he farm Bleoghainn Meadow on the southern road to Newton.

__

__

But that is not the reason why Finola and Gavin traveled to Kirkcowan. After some days in the saddle they want to have some days of recreation on the campingsite of Buachar Bile.

__

__

Amongst others the youth group of the Laggan fire department camps on the site.

__

__

The campingsite lies on the ground of the farm of Buachar Bile.

The smart farmer converted a meadow into a campingsite. Beyond this he earns his money with dairy cows and slaughter cattle.

__

He also bought some more land to open a horse stable with riding school for the guests of the camping site.

__

__

Slàn leat! See you next time around Ayr.  :)

Angels can fly because they don't take themselves too serious!

Framly

Great Update! I really like the little Postcard :thumbsup:

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

Ol.S / Benoit

Nice pictures ! Very inspiring rural scenes :)
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

chester

great farm pics, love the cows. you can really tell that you put a lot of effort into getting every thing to look just right. you should enterpic number 8 or 9 in the picture competition, they're perfect.

noahclem

Wonderful work on the last couple updates!  &apls &apls

I love how many animals you fit in to you MD! Your work with MMPs and lotting is really outstanding  :thumbsup:

rooker1

Now that's a great update.
One thing I did notice was the river is too high, the plop water shows up over the bridge.  I would suggest that you make the river a little deeper.

Robin  &apls
Call me Robin, please.

Kergelen

Great update!
I like the lotting in the farms. Very well done  &apls

Links to SC4 websites

Girafe

Really interesting MD, keep going on this way :)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

bat

Great work on your MD!
Also fantastic pictures of your beautiful region!!!
Looking forward to more nice views... ;)

rambuckel

@framly: Thanks a lot  :)

@Benoit: Thank you  :)

@chester: Thank you very much. :) I try to build the scenes in a way I've seen them or something similar in real life.

@noahclem: I have seen many many animals during my visits in Scotland ... there will be many more in future  ;)

@rooker: Thanks a lot!  :)You're totally right. Unfortunately I first arranged the landscape and I realized the "bridgeproblem" too late. So I decided to live with this mistake in order to avoid it in future.

@kergelen: Thank you!  :)

@girafe: Thank you, I'll try to  :)

@bat: Thank you  :), here are the next few pictures:

Let's continue our journey in Ayr. Ayr is a small town southwest of Stranraer at the Firth of Clyde. In SC4 dimensions one part of the town is situated in the district of Ayr and the other part is situated in the district of Kilmarnock.

We start in the part of the town that is situated in the district of Kilmarnock as this is where the racecourt ist situated that just opend its gates to the public. Today is the first racingday. A friend of Gavin und Finola is CEO of the racecourt. It is therefore obligatory to them to join the first racingday.

There's another very special guest at the racecourt: "Sir Cookie"! He's a descendent of the legendary "SeaBiscuit" and he took the long journey from the US to pit his speed with Scottish thoroughbreds.

His ancestor SeaBiscuit was an unimposing horse. Actually much too small for a racehorse. His career was supposed to end before it really started. But this little fighter with the big heart nevertheless made it and finally set the world on fire. He won many many races in the 30s and earned a lot of money for his owners. He even won against "War Admiral" who was classified as invincible in those times. Being what he was and with all his achievements he became a symbol of hope in those hopeless times around 1928. But see for yourself:

__

The middlepart of the racepart used to be the stalls for the cheap places. Nowadays it's the place for traders of noble Golf- and Gardenarticles and expensive cars.

The parking for the participants:

__

The Stables:

__

Some more impressions at nighttime:

__

__

__

__

Try to find Finola and Gavin and their horses ;)

Slàn leat!
Angels can fly because they don't take themselves too serious!

chester

That is an impressive set up. a lot of work went in to lotting that set up i can tell. it looks great, I especially like the jump course in pic #7. very creative.

bat

That's a great new update! Wonderful work on it.

Kergelen

Wonderful!
Each time I like more your MD, not only for the exellent lotting but also for you ideas like this horse race.  &apls

Links to SC4 websites

Framly

A Masterpiece of LE-work. Great Update &apls

()stsfd()

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

noahclem

Excellent job with the race track!  &apls   Everything looks outstanding  :thumbsup:

Ol.S / Benoit

Really nice idea, and impressive LE work !

One thing, I'm not convinced by the middle of the racepart, I was picturing that with a bit more dirt but anyway, this is just my point of view ! :)
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

Dantes

Awesome work. I see new things in the pictures.  :o  There are always finding new details in the pictures.  ??? I love Alba Ceann mu Dheas.    :thumbsup:

Swordmaster

Holy! You must have put a lot of effort into that one. Very interesting MD.

Cheers,
Willy

rooker1

Here is an up and coming MD that I think has surprised us all with the abundance of awesome rural/farming pictures.  I'm sure following this MD this month will be like getting an early Christmas present.

Congrats from The SC4D Staff!! &apls
Call me Robin, please.