• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Victorian Rail Viaduct Stations Issue

Started by End_of_Eternity, December 12, 2009, 09:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

End_of_Eternity

Hi,

I am having problems using the Victorian Elevated "Heavy" Rail stations. I got them from here:

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1430

along with the original station model for the regular el-rail off STEX.

The instructions suggest that you should be be plopping this station on top of an existing elevated heavy rail network. But I can't seem to do that. The only thing I can do is to plop the station in between existing elevated heavy rails. The road pass thing also doesn't seem to work as intended. When ever I have the station plopped right by a road, the road gets blocked by the core station and the tile right by it gets the "road pass" part of the station. If I add a street piece to the edge of the road, the over pass is positioned correctly.

Let me demonstrate, I think this will make more sense:

This is what happens if I don't build a side street:

So this is what I have to do to make it work:

After I add the little side street, it seems to work fine:

In both cases, the Elevated Heavy Rail network seems to work fine. I've tried riding the train through the stations and it seems to be alright. I also remember seeing people use the station. That mean network is in use and not just working as eye candy, am I correct?

Thanks!

End_of_Eternity

BTW, I am able to plop the station in such a manner that the "road pass" part goes in the correct place (the tile with the road), but then the station get "no transport access" balloon tip thing. When I plop the station, I get a 2x1 outline, but the station itself seems to be 4x1. Hope this helps.

Andreas

Yes, the lot is smaller than the model, this was necessary in order to make sure that the Rail Viaduct connects properly (also visually). So what you have to do is making the gap in the viaduct only as wide as the lot, and run an orthogonal road along the side (note that the entrance doors in your example are in the middle of nowhere). Instead of roads (or streets), you can also use pedmalls or any other transit network, though.
Andreas

End_of_Eternity

So I should have a gap of just two tiles? And then I should put the road through the roadpass thing? But there is still a block between the road and the outline of the station. So won't I have to still build a ped mall on the third tile? I'll look into to it the next time I hit Simcity 4. Thanks though!

Andreas

No, what I meant is running a road (or another transit network) along the long side of the station, the one where the entrances are located, like in this picture:

The road through the road overpass thingy is optional, actually.
Andreas

End_of_Eternity

Oh, okay now I get it. I can still use a ped-mall and road-pass setup without a sideroad and the whole thing will still be functional, right? It's just that my rail line is already built and I just trying to switch from the default rural stations to something that looks a little more urban and compatible with the elevated heavy rail system.