• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Imperial Atlantean Empire - An Empire of the stars

Started by Emperor Stormont, April 02, 2007, 05:30:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pipishere

What a stunning complex you have there....that student union looks fab! :thumbsup:

kimcar

&apls really nice MD you have. Very nice pics. Also i like the way that you play with parks , flowers etc... Well done :thumbsup:

Strechnitz

Wow, I can fit my capitol including it's subburbs in your campus alone :D talking about grand design :thumbsup:

But I really like the way you use parks to veave different buildings and styles into one big tapestry. And as a Law student in RL it pleases me to see the law faculty so well housed in my favorite Maxis monument:thumbsup:

I like the way u use a newspaper as well. great medium to bring the story acros. Keep up the good work.

Strech.

BTW how did you get your flag ingame? I would love to have the Stroponese flag in game as well. How does that work?

Strech.

(oh wow, I just turned from an inhabitant into a citizen)

guurgkud

]http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=7083.0]

Come discover its mysteries...
Tristania // Revisited

realdimension

These cities are really awesome! The government buildings with the surrounding developments are really magnificent! Great work!
Member of the TSC team.
Visit my showcase of modern towers!

Emperor Stormont

Update Deleted.....

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

Flipside

Meticulous story, beautiful cities.

What's not to like?  ;D

jayo

I'm back

Strechnitz

Hello Belfastuniguy,

My apologies for the long wait but the government has finally reached a decision on your request. :)

I have an embassy lot waiting for use. The only problem is that I need someone to help me turn the Stroponian flag into a prop, and I need the Atlanthean flag to put on the lot. As soon as that is done I can send you my embassy. ;D

Good luck with your exams.

Strech.

bat

Great regionoverview! Looking forward to more...

Emperor Stormont

After a very long absence I bring you my new update, exams are over and I am now playing again. This update is on the town and community of Collin Glen, an exclusive community west of the Imperial capital. So enjoy and comments are appreciated.

The town is  the administrative capital of the Atlantis West District. Collin Glen is also home to some of the most expensive homes in Atlantis.

The first people to make the area their home were the Dunville family, the Dunville's were a wealthy banking family. They established the Dunville Banking House and their first branch in Collin Glen. The bank, which has now been named, The Dunville Banking Corporation, remained in existence as a large private bank and wealth management group until 2055 when it was purchased by the British HSBC-Santander group.

The town lies along the wide and winding Mourne River that flows from the Mourne National Park and into the Atlantic Ocean. The town also features a basalt escarpment, which millions of years ago was one of many volcanoes in Atlantis.

The town grew in popularity with the development of the expanding road network in Caledon as more and more middle-class families from the capital Queenstown moved to the peaceful and beautiful surroundings of Collin Glen. During the early 1900's the town was made a regional centre of governance this brought large amounts of wealth into the town and a new town centre was built as a display of this new wealth. The town continued to thrive during the late 20th Century and throughout the 21st Century.

With the outbreak of the Europa war the growth of the town stalled. The town is home to the Royal Collin Glen Academy, a highly prestigious grammar school. Tragically many of the pupils of the academy went to fight for the Caledon Federation . 200 academy boys did not return to Collin Glen and their sacrifice has been remembered with a beautiful memorial by the shore of the Mourne River.

The town suffered hardly any damage despite its proximity to the capital, Queenstown. The only buildings to be hit were several shore side houses and a town centre hotel. Fortunately no-one was killed in what is believed to have been falling debris from a failed missile.

The town suffered further hardships during the disastrous economic years following the war. Fortunes changed once the region again established stability and security.

Today the town has regained it prestigious reputation for some of the highest living standards in the kingdom. It recently underwent extensive redevelopment and restoration works. These included the upgrade of the town centre tram lines and clean-up of the early 1900's architecture.

The Royal Collin Glen Academy recently celebrated it's
tri-centenary. It remains one of the best educational establishments in the Imperial Kingdom

The town was also home to a large successful Muslim community during the late 20th and early 21st century, this population contributed to the construction of one of the largest mosque's in Caledon. Since the mid 21st Century the Muslim population declined and today the town has no Muslim residents, as such the District Government 20 years ago declared the mosque surplus to religious requirements and it was closed. 3 years ago the Mosque was re-opened, restored and converted into an inspirational gallery and museum space, named after the founding first resident, Arthur Dunville, the gallery opened in March 2340

Of course I leave you with a lovely litte teaser

A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

pipishere

A great update on Collin Glen. It looks beautiful, especially the central avenue.  :)

kwakelaar

A nice update, I especially like the Dunville Estate. Your city as a lot grandeur, very much looking like a real capital city.

bat

That update is wonderful! Great work! That area looks also beautiful! Fantastic teaser! :thumbsup:

Snaper

Great update ... I like various parks  :thumbsup:, specialy the first

Bravo  &apls

rooker1

Very interesting MD.  It looks like alot of rich sims live here.  The teaser looks interesting as well.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

kimcar

&apls Great work with the LE  :thumbsup: Very nice pics. and layout.

Russell

What a spectacular MD this is. Truly original storyline, plenty of skillful work, and also the use of real pics - I like this very much.  &apls

Emperor Stormont

I would like to give thanks to everyone who continues to view this MD and my great appreciation to those that are kind enough to comment in such a positive way. I personally enjoy commenting on MD's and it's always great to have feedback from readers also.

I will be posting personal replies with the Commerce Zone update.

The Atlantan Imperial University is located 4 miles west of the Imperial Capital. The Government of the Imperial Kingdom of Atlantis has selected the Collinbridge Building to be entered into the SCJU World Wonder competition

This will be a vote by the greater SimCity Community to select seven architectural wonders put forward by SCJU member nations which will become the official Seven World Wonders of the SCJU. Every SimCity user will have their chance to vote on whichever choice they wish.

My many thanks for everyone that voted in the SCJU World Wonder competition. The Atlantan University was selected as one of the seven to represent the SCJU, something which is just fantastic. The SCJU is currently deciding how to celebrate these new wonders....so stay tunned.

A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008