• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Low School Demand in CAM

Started by DaveD, February 11, 2023, 08:57:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveD

Hi,

I just got back into SC4 after playing the original many, many years ago and was delighted to discover the awesome NAM and CAM mods. After a good couple of evenings chasing down CAMeLOTS and dependencies I've got it going, with no boxes and a decent collection of Lots.

I have a bit of a mystery around the Maxis Schools. My city is still relatively small with a population of ~20,000 but is still relatively low density. However the demand for the schools is almost nothing. I have one of the larger Maxis elementary schools with it's entire radius of school bus coverage filled with residential lots. but it only has 20 pupils. There is one other areas with a small Elementary schools in opposite corner of the  map tile and despite being basically a village with minimal residential properties the school has 3x the students. Is this an issue with using the Maxis school ploppables with CAM? Do I need to replace them?

Thanks! 

DaveD

Correction to the above, I've just checked and all the schools have really low numbers.

DaveD

...I'm playing the "Extended(InvisiChem)" install of CAM 2.1.0

mgb204

You might want to check the Population by Age graph, remember only a specific proportion of your sims are going to be of school age. Having a very large building with high capacity won't have any effect on demand, simply having more eligible pupils by age.

jeffryfisher

Quote from: DaveD on February 11, 2023, 08:57:21 AMI have one of the larger Maxis elementary schools with it's entire radius of school bus coverage filled with residential lots. but it only has 20 pupils.
That is odd. Do you have a private school hiding in the same area? It would siphon off wealthy and middle-class kids. Depending on the neighborhood, that could be most of them.

Also check the basics (road connection etc). And remember that school attendance stat is updated around the 15th of each month, so after you make changes, you need to run a few days on the city's clock before you'll see updated numbers.
Modding PC games since 1993 (back when we needed hex-editors)