• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Ram - Initial thoughts and Draft ideas

Started by Tolsome, January 30, 2008, 06:57:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hconline

Hmm, interesting.

Congratulations on your own board. Good luck though with all those complex exemplars, RULs, T21's etcetera.  &apls
Life is like a butterfly, ephemeral, yet beautiful beyond belief. -Me

jplumbley

This will be the RAM Team - Developement Thread, when developement starts.

I have created a "Request" Thread for those inclined to request things.  Just remember not everything is possible all at once and this will be done in due time.  Everything will be given a priority and done based on that priority system.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Henry Midfields

Congrats on your new room folks. &apls

I looking forward to this; it's gonna be awesome...! :thumbsup: Shame that I don't have the technique, or the time to join in...

One question: Will this project include subways as well? (underground railways; in SC4 terms, it's the one that connects with the default el-rail)

RebaLynnTS

I doubt it very much, but you never know.
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

Jonathan

Quote from: Henry Midfields on February 10, 2008, 08:36:18 AM
One question: Will this project include subways as well? (underground railways; in SC4 terms, it's the one that connects with the default el-rail)

What do you want for subways?

Will HSRP be included in the RAM, because I have started making that again, now my computer seems to have calmed down a it.

Andreas

I'd like to see the HSRP integrated into the NAM somehow - if that means it will be a "RAM Style" similar to the different SAM textures, I won't mind at all. :) This would make sense if the Rail Viaduct models by ArkenbergeJoe were integrated into the RAM in particular, since both the Rail Viaducts and the HSRP are elevated networks. From a technical point of view, all those items will be NAM plugins anyway...
Andreas

JoeST

But HSRP changes the network speed doesn't it? which means that it cant be just a SAM "texture" override style thing. But definitely all the ArkenbergeJoe models should be integrated as dragalbe network overrides.

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Jonathan

Joe: Yes the Speed is changed with the HSRP, so either a compromise or more likely the HSRP will just be an aestecic mod.

But does the RAM include monorail? because thats the network I have been using in the RULs for the texture override.

JoeST

I don't think so.... It seems that the RAM has been associated with every Network that isn't Road....so I cant be sure though.

I think it would be best not to include Monorail and ElRail/Subway in the RAM, as ElRail is modified by the GLR plugin already, and the HSRP is using Monorail.

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Jonathan

Subway overrides can only be done a certain way , not with the puzzle piece starter, as far as we know. Overrides for subway was only discovered this month and there are still a lot of issues and things we dont know.
Subway- 4 , etc should be possible but that is a should.

RebaLynnTS

I think we should stick to ground rail for RAM, the are plently of other anagrams we could use for the other networks (SWAM .. SubWay Addon Mod, MAM ... Monorail Addon Mod, HAM ... Highway Addon Mod, I could go on)

However, I was thinking ... would it be possible to use a subway station as a starter piece for dragable over-rides?
Becca

dedgren

I'm working on some RAM stuff today, and hope to have some pics shortly.  I do think we should start with some readily accomplishable stuff- the wide curves and fractional angle straight puzzle pieces, imho.  Interest will lag if the first products are forever always "on the horizon."

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

RebaLynnTS

Becca

Andreas

@Warrior: Well, if you already started making monorail overrides for the HSRP, I guess it would be better to continue that way. After all, the monorail is the fastest mean of transportation in the game, so it might be feasible to use it for the HSRP after all. We will have to dismantle the current HSRP beta file anyway, since it includes a custom traffic simulator exemplar that will clash with the NAM Traffic Plugins, and there's other stuff that's probably inconvenient for some users. From a modding point of view, I guess it doesn't matter that much; HSRP stations and automata can be modded for both networks without any problems. I don't know if it's possible to combine rail and monorail starter puzzle pieces within one button, but since both are in the same menu, I assume it would work fine.
Andreas

Diggis

Quote from: RebaLynnTS on February 10, 2008, 02:50:10 PM
I think we should stick to ground rail for RAM, the are plently of other anagrams we could use for the other networks (SWAM .. SubWay Addon Mod, MAM ... Monorail Addon Mod, HAM ... Highway Addon Mod, I could go on)

However, I was thinking ... would it be possible to use a subway station as a starter piece for dragable over-rides?

I don't think so as it needs to be a puzzel piece to start it.

Henry Midfields

Quote from: Warrior on February 10, 2008, 11:15:00 AM
What do you want for subways?

Will HSRP be included in the RAM, because I have started making that again, now my computer seems to have calmed down a it.

Sorry for the late reply, mate. I was thinking of a 4-lane subway as well, but I guess starting with the regular rail for the moment would be better.  :)

P.S. It would be great, though, if the e-rail (subway version) is included within this project (or on a seperate project) at some stage; it's much easier for me to use, considering it's lack of crashes  :-[ and the amount of BATs available.

RebaLynnTS

Who do I talk to about learning to make starter pieces?
Becca

RebaLynnTS

Becca