• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Official Single Track Rail (STR) Plugin Bug Thread

Started by dedgren, March 04, 2009, 01:20:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

threestooges

That's fine with me, though you don't need an account to host photos. I use Imageshack personally, and all you need to do is hit the 'browse' button on their main page then upload and the next page will provide you with a number of links. Copy and paste the url there into what are called "Image tags."
[img] url that is the direct link to image [/img]
and that will post your picture.
In the meantime, I'll see what I can find out about the files that are currently available.

santexas

Hello Matt,

There are times when I do not understand exactly how SimCity 4 works or how the NAM works.  I decided to reinstall the whole thing - NAM, RHW, SAM, and STR, your bridges, and my other bridges.  The only thing I did not do was install and run the NAM Essentials.  I now have your bridges - where they should be on the bridge menu selection -  and some other bridges that I had forgotten about. And everything works in the game.

What is the NAM Essentials for, please?

Again, thank you for your help and concern.

Linda

Tarkus

Quote from: santexas on May 21, 2009, 02:22:46 PM
What is the NAM Essentials for, please?

Generally, NAM Essentials is used to provide needed RUL and Bridge INI modifications for Optional NAM Plugins that are released between NAM Core releases.

For instance, some of the bridges that came out last month require the April 2009 NAM Essentials release, as they were released after the last NAM Core release (March 2009), and there hasn't been a Core release since.  For a little more info, I've written up a little FAQ Item about the Essentials in my NAM FAQ thread. 

-Alex

threestooges

Glad to hear things are working for you Linda. Generally a delete/reinstall session is a good way to fix most problems. Often times there will be a duplicate or something hiding in there that you may have forgotten about. Installing from general to specific works well (ie NAM, STR/SAM, individual bridge files). Hope to see you more around the site.
-Matt

santexas

Thanks both to Alex and to Matt.  I think I will just leave the NAM Essentials alone until we get to a download of something really new and different.

Linda

Amtrak7

I think I found a problem with the grade crossings.

This was made without the use of any puzzle pieces, purely draggable STR.

CaptCity

Amtrak7...

That probably occurs because the switch is next to the avenue. You can revert the dual track to single by placing a starter piece on the other side of the avenue from the tracks and then dragging the single track onto the dual track. It will change the dual tracks to single.

Hope this helps...

Amtrak7

Quote from: CaptCity on May 24, 2009, 06:33:53 PM
Amtrak7...

That probably occurs because the switch is next to the avenue. You can revert the dual track to single by placing a starter piece on the other side of the avenue from the tracks and then dragging the single track onto the dual track. It will change the dual tracks to single. Hope this helps...

Thanks.  It worked.

Jonathan

Also Thanks for posting this, it is a bug, and it should convert, we'll sort it out forthe next version.

If you find any other reversions please let us know.

Jonathan

Amtrak7

io_bg

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

JoeST

were the STR/SAM on diag interesections fixed? I am just getting invisible/missing textures, also the STR has different base textures to the DTR, and the STR-DTR converter has none, how hard would wealth-dependency be? it would be especially nice if you could get rid of the "sidewalk" next to farms. (also an idea, it would be nice to have certified NAM-pattible/certified texture replacement packs, for the side walks and base textures, and for the actual networks as well. as many of the mods atm are "incomplete" in some respect or another, and also rely on overloading ones in the NAM packages. It would be nice if they were "dragged out of the depths" and packaged in bundles labeled accordingly, so instead of overloading, you could just swap. ahhh the Ideas....)

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Jonathan

Amtrack, those are very specific reversions,
The 2nd, 6th and 7th pictures, if you just end the STR one tile before there is no need for those textures
The 1st picture is one unrealistic and two not very common, so there's not much need for it.
3rd picture that will eventually be added in. Same with the 5th.
And there's not much point in double diagonal STR, you might as well just have a normal rail(4th picture).

Jonathan

Vegantor

HELP i have problem it will not appear in the game the railroad only the image it just wont appear btw haven't see all the reply so help i have all the dependecy

Korot

And now with the help of dot's and Capital Letters? Do you have: a. the latest NAM? b. The STR Plugin? c. after you have placed the starter piece can you use the rail tool to lay STR?

Vegantor

yes i have all of them nam 2009, str plug in(what is it?) nam essential ( both bridge and controller upgrade) and yes  i do that.

Vegantor

yes i have all of them it worked once but then it stop? :'( wh ()what()

threestooges

Since it worked before, that suggests something has since changed. Have you removed or added any files to your plugins since the last time it worked? If you have, then one of the removed ones might need to be in there, or one of the added ones might be overriding something. Check to make sure you do not have duplicates of any NAM files. Duplicates of NAM files can cause it to stop working.

Vegantor

what do you mean duplicate NAM files? i never remove anything!! i better delete every thing and then try again