• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BLS Barby's Lot Studio

Started by BarbyW, February 24, 2007, 03:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsD

First visit here Barb.

I wouldn't say you pillage, just improve. &apls or help out would be a better choice of words.

Whatever the words should be, keep it up.  You do outstanding work.
To hate is human, to forgive and to love is devine.

Please visit my website.
Please visit my MD
Valley of the Gods

Sim Shady

MsD is very right.  You are like the glue and frosting to the best BAT team in all of SC4; You keep the team together, and make perfect lots.  Thank you, i cant tell you how many people appreciate what you do here   :thumbsup:

BarbyW

I am having another attempt to upload some of my lots that are currently locked on the STEX. I intend to upload in groupings rather than individual lots and am currently looking at the mega housing lots. I have 20 individual installers to deal with and for speed I am looking at providing a single new list of dependencies. The stats and information shown in each individual Readme have not changed but the dependency list has. I need to provide the links to all the dependency files and shall then post the list to the LEX for collection prior to downloading the packs. I shall also put a copy of this list in the zip with the individual packs. I hope this will be sufficient but will be here to answer queries if necessary.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Schulmanator

Just wanted to take a moment to thank you for all you do to help make SC4 the best game ever! Your expertise is GREATLY appreciated!

YOU ROCK!!!  :thumbsup:
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

existenz

I am new to SC$ and SC4D and I want to say thank you for all the great pillaging you do. Great stuff! I was wondering why all the BLS Farm files were locked so great to hear they'll be around soon. Thanks again &apls &apls
Annie

BarbyW

All the BLS Farms and fields are on the LEX here. If you search for BarbyW you will find all that I have uploaded. Please note that you need to register separately for the LEX.

rooker1

This is wanderful news.  I have been waiting for this.  I wanted the new updated stuff and to be able to DL it from the LEX just for trackablity.   ;)

Thanks alot,
Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

bixel

I was thinking maybe you could figure this out. I was going to make 2ch.netsimplayer's ricepaddies grow - if you zoned the proper LOT size and used the agriculture. It started to turn out to be an easy task except for one thing. I do not know how to create seasonal cycles with the rice paddies.

2ch.netsimplayer provided the models and also did the proper seasonal cycling it seems - for they have day and starting periods. However you need to translate japanese to make any sense of them. Here's what I figured out so far:

Touki = Winter
Kaki = Summer
Shuuki = Autumn (Fall)

but Kara = ???
And Shunki = ???

There is little to no LOT editing with these, since his models take up the entire LOT. Only on some of the larger ones - but you can just use the XPIM to copy the props over from his LOTs, which I did easily. (iLive doesnt read the files). Yet, I have no clue as to how I should get them seasonally rotating. Thankfully he's done most of the work with the desc. files - unfortunately his naming scheme doesn't tell us which is which very easily.

Nippon Den'en Tambo 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 (Japanese Countysides, Rice Paddy 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8)
1 and 2 are 4x6 paddies with built-in footpaths and trees, 3 is a 8x12 LOT with footpaths, an island and a shrine at the center. 4,5 are plain flat paddies (but different reflection, bush and such), 6 is a 4x8 plain paddy, 7 is a 4x4 plain paddy, 8 is a 4x4 triangular paddy, but the LOT size is 2x2.
Yousuiro (canal, straight) 
Yousuiro Kousa (canal, crossing)
Yousuiro Teiji (canal, T-junction)
Yousuiro Magari (canal, corner)
Yousuiro Ikidomari (canal, dead-end)
Yousuiro Azemichi (canal-footpath crossing)
All these 1x1 canal LOTs have the same statistics as Maxis default Playground.

here are the files >>> http://www.yuhisa.com/cgi/c-board/file/NipponDenen.zip

Gaston

I will copy this post over in the Japanese Forum and see what I can come up with for you.    ;D

---Gaston

Okay I started a new topic in the Japanese section.   I'm sure someone can help out.
()stsfd()
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

bixel

Spring = haru
Summer = natsu
Fall = aki
Winter = fuyu

Timeframe:

haru: February, 4th - Mai, 5th
natsu: Mai, 6th - August, 7th
aki: August, 8th - November, 6th
fuyu: November, 7th - February, 3rd

Naming of the months:

February= kisaragi or nigatsu
March = yayoi or sangatsu

(Now more confusion)
In the traditional japanese calendar, the third month in the year (sangatsu) is very close to "our" April.
sangatsujin = (end of March) = haru no hate ( end of Spring ).

April = uzuki or shigatsu
Mai = satsuki or gogatsu
June = minazuki or rokugatsu
July = fumitsuki or hazuki
August = hazuki or hachigazu
September = nagatsuki or kugatsu
October = j?gatsu or kannazuki
November = shimotsuki or juichigatsu
Dezember = shiwasu or junigatsu
January = mutsuki or ichitagsu

Surumi @ simtropolis helped me out.

BarbyW

I am in the process of updating my files on the LEX. I have uploaded:
BLS GrampaAl's Country Antique Sales
Barby's Bumper Bundle which is a set of 10 plop and 2 growable lots made 4 years ago and  suitable for rural locations.
and
BLS R$$$ Dalene Housing BSC

I am gradually working through my lots but if there are any specific ones you want let me know and I'll get them to the top of the queue.

Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

TheTeaCat

Thank you for all your hard work. Its is really appreciated by many, me being just one of the few. ;D

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

BarbyW

I have now uploaded 3 sets of growable residentials in a variety of formats and wealth levels. They are:
BLS Housing Tudor Style
BLS Housing 6x6
BLS Housing 8x8

I shall post the 10x10 set next week and then start on a variety of other older lots.

xxdita

Great to see you getting the chance to update some of your own works, and of course bring them to the LEX, right where they belong.  ;D

Alfred.Jones

No wonder they call you the Goddess!

Thanks for these Barby. They will definitely get use in my cities!

Sim City 4 Devotion

jacqulina

wonderfull work barby thankyou &apls &apls

Hogmeister

It's always good to see updates, especially as knowledge and abilities are growing  &apls :thumbsup:
Building Better Buildings Better

soulstealer

I know this is not the correct thread for this, but I can't find any and the one on ST isn't active since 2006.
I need texture IID range just for a few textures I have made for my container port lots.

Someone said ask barbyw, so here I am. :) Thanks.

xxdita

The proper place for a texture IID range would be here. Geoffhaw takes care of that list.