• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Great Big Gobs of Goober

Started by SimGoober, February 12, 2009, 11:02:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

We are borg resistance is futile  &apls LoL Sg I wonder what that model will look like???

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

SimNation

The new building looks like its going to turn out great. Also love the props with motion it will bring a much need wave of realism to sc4 thats for sure. I have a question to you though Goober. I looked but couldnt find a answer to it so I shall ask here. Is there a way I can change the # of jobs the Farms you and others made different for each stage? I would like them to have lower capacities: Stage1- 7 jobs,Stage 2-14 jobs,& Stage 3-21 jobs. That way I can maintain the huge farming area I am going to develop.

c.p.

The animated oil derrick is great.  Cutting edge stuff :thumbsup:

SimGoober

Ok, here is an update on the City of Paris building. Got the outer walls done, now I need to work on the roof. I am actually thinking of a roof top garden, but it's still in the concept stage....

It will be a 4x4 corner lot when done.  The second pic shows the one elevation that is complete and the right width. The shorter one will have a little filler building to take up that last 8 meters, and make it completely W2W on the corner.
When life just blows ... Fukitol!

homefryes

Must comment, so your thread will show in the "new replies to your posts" link! And, of course, to see what amazing things you have up your sleeves. Like many of the others have said, yours are some of the earliest custom creations that I ever downloaded/installed ... a few years ago now ... and are always superb! Looking forward to seeing more awesome stuff here.

— Don

P.S., love the oil rig too.
Utility Poles Project [linkie]
Ashtabula (the MD) is not dead; it's just on a really long hiatus!
Check out Homefryes' BATatorium

girlfromverona

That looks stunning, Goober! I love the window textures.  &apls

dedgren

SimGoober III...  Lee (callagrafx), that was pretty good.  It's really weird, though, that they'd all be so amazingly talented.  Cloning, maybe...

OctoGoob?

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Pat

Quote from: dedgren on February 24, 2009, 05:32:36 PM
Cloning, maybe...OctoGoob?

Cloning OctoGoob oooi I dont wanna know there David lol.... Sg that is looking good there!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

SimGoober

Okee Dokee... Updated two lots.

The Addison Library is now fixed.  In the process of fixing it, I assigned it a new IID number, so the game thinks it is a "new" lot, not a copy of the old one with changes.  This should eliminate the need to bulldoze all old ones, then install the update, then replop.  No bugs included...  &apls

For this update to work, simply bulldoze the old lots, then re-plop.  The game treats them as two completely different lots, so they will not interfere with each other.  The installer will overwrite the old lot file, effectively removing it from your plugins folder, and put the new one in.  Plop lots are saved in the save game file, however, so you will have to bulldoze older instances of this lot.  In the past, if the same IID was used, this would cause a bug where all budgets would slowly go to zero, all the time.  By assigning a new IID number, this elminates that bug.  It just means the older, "defective" lot will continue to behave as a defective lot until you bulldoze it, and re-plop the new one.

The Goobergen Air Purification Plant is also updated.  Minor update here; just removed a texture pack dependency I hadn't caught until it was pointed out.  I had a "stray" texture pack in my plugins folder that I didn't know was there.  I had assumed all the base and overlay textures I had used were in the BSC Texture Mage Packs... now they are...   ??? :-\

Pat

Mr Goober thank you!!! you are totaly awesome!!!!

High5Tower

Thank you for the in depth report on how these items were fixed. Yes I do "gobble" up all this info. I find it all too fascinating since its all about my quest to play the game. I will be looking at both the old and the new in the Reader and sc4Tool in my attempt to understand all this better. Thanks again. &apls

XiahouDun

Quote from: callagrafx on February 14, 2009, 07:43:23 AM
He's not, but he has an American cousin
Big Stig! $%#Ninj2 "Some say that he is a CIA experiment that went wrong, and that he only eats cheese. All we know is that he's not The Stig - he is The Stig's fat American cousin!" $%#Ninj2

Though about Goober: "Some say that he BATs the most complex buildings in the world while he sleeps, and if he was available he could cure the PropPox in under a minute. All we know is that he is called SimStig."

On topic though, SG, your BATs are always so clean and stunning. I'm always in awe of your work, and this BAT is no different.
Current project: Movies 14

You may have meant to search for Houdini. (result of searching for XiahouDun on SC4D)

allan_kuan1992

@ Simgoober:

That bug would be called the phantom slider bug if I remember correctly. =P

- Allan Kuan

simsamerica

I like it and to the animated prop, what yall expect its goober. hes the greatest  :-\ (this is supposed to be a good juggler.
Rednecks aren't country Music Stars, they're Rocket Scientists.

SimGoober

Ok, been tinkering with the "City of Paris" building.  Made a roof top garden, but am still tinkering with it.  Not sure about it honestly, some things I like, some things I don't.  I'll play with it some more, but the model is now at the stage where it is getting cumbersome to work on.  All that flora added about 1,000,000 polys to it...

DebussyMan

That garden is awesome  :o It gives the somewhat common building a touch of uniqueness.

Visit my new MD: Emerita Augusta 1910 - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15184.0

metarvo

That's a really nice building, SG.  Greenery on top of buildings is a good way to keep buildings cooler in the summer, or at least that's what I've heard.  Keep it up!  :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Pat

SG that is a stunning building roof top garden!!! WOW!!!!   &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls

sim-al2

:o Must think of response. Words fail me... ::)

Seriously, that's a very nice rooftop garden. Too bad there aren't more nice buildings like this. ;)
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

SimGoober

Finally got this rendered and in game.  Got a few modding tweaks to do, and it will be uploaded for scrutineering for a bit, then to the general public.  I forgot to snap some nite shots... have to go back and play a bit...    ;)