• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

txrailcat74

Just want to say "awesome" Tarkus. I'm "salivating" at getting them into my game. I want them now, but, want it as great as possible. So, please take your time (would you hurry up) lol. If I knew how to "network", I'd crank out some awesome things of my own. I thank you.

CasperVg

Psst.. You can also do this with the RHW v21.

More pictures: here

P.S.: Please bear in mind, the whole thing is still fairly rough, so the fact that I show this picture does not, in any way, mean that it will be released very soonly; but you never know... I do not claim to have membership within the NAM Team or having helped developing this great add-on.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

MandelSoft

Quote from: Tarkus on October 24, 2008, 02:38:45 PM

It is possible to produce some sort of overhanging "camouflage" lot, too.  I've also considered making a puzzle piece of some sort that functions in this same way, but blends in with the RHW better.

I hope you make that camouflage piece. I think that can be really usefull for a lot of people.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Pat

holly freeaking crum bum looking real sexxie here wow!!!

psst I am still betting on sometime in 2009 lol

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bob56

Amazing...I cant wait!!! Im getting more impatient every time a new pic comes out. :o
You can call me Grif

--Currently out of the office, will resume SC4 7/19

Haljackey

A few pics from me:

My first RHW-20!  (well, a multi-RHW-10 :P)

Various transitions:

One-way

Two-way

Still needs some tweaking though:

And a comparison of the Multi-RHW-10 next to Lakeyboy's multi-highway.

That should tease you enough for now.   ;)

Best,
-Haljackey

choco

catenaries and new pillars for elr?

i gotta stay away from this thread.... &apls &apls

sim-al2

it's a monorail mod that changes the entire network into a high-speed rail system by APTX. NOT the HRSP; these mods are different. APTX's also contain a cool looking trainset.
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

nerdly_dood

I'm reasonably sure that the biggest I'll ever need is RHW-6... I'd have to try REALLY HARD to get a city big enough to clog a RHW-8... I could accomplish that with a huge residential district leaving only the freeway to get the com/ind area... but it wouldn't look very realistic IMO because it would be roughly 110% hi-rise condos and (most likely) low-wealth tenements in the res zone and mostly dirty industry in the ind zone... No room for burbs... No room in my RAM for much else, either, considering that it's only 1GB on Vista Ultimate. :D

Still, even if I can't squeeze it for all it's really worth, any last bit of extra functionality is greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

metarvo

You are the multi-highway master, Haljackey! :thumbsup:  Of course, it is Alex that has gotten this project to where it is, so I need to reserve a :thumbsup: for him as well.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

toxicpiano

Quote from: sim-al2 on October 25, 2008, 01:40:55 PM
it's a monorail mod that changes the entire network into a high-speed rail system by APTX. NOT the HRSP; these mods are different. APTX's also contain a cool looking trainset.
do you know if it's still available?
I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

Haljackey

Quote from: toxicpiano on October 25, 2008, 03:56:17 PM
do you know if it's still available?
APTX stated that he will be re-releasing his stuff during this month.  The train skins have been released thus far.  Check the Bullet Train SC4 Wiki article which I update when new content is re-released.
http://www.wiki.sc4devotion.com/index.php/Bullet_Train_Mod

Sorry for being off topic.  Now, back to the RHW!

Best,
-Haljackey

SamJam

Quote from: nerdly_dood on October 25, 2008, 01:58:25 PM
...even if I can't squeeze it for all it's really worth, any last bit of extra functionality is greatly appreciated.

You took the words right out of my mouth dood... I try sooooo hard to include every single download and every single option into my region (if not individual cities!) to get the best possible variety and appearance, and also because the lots and networks look so SWEET! But the RHW-10+ seems like something that would never even be necessary in the game. Maybe you could create a connection beyond your region with the excuse that somewhere out there lies substantially larger masses of people that want to fly through your region. I know I'll have an excuse to use it in mine.  ;D

@ deathtopumpkins, TEG24601, and others within the scope of my last post (regarding RHW<-->Maxis hwy transition):
I knew about the avenue tweener, but it still looked very awkward. Hopefully some thought could be put into it for the next version (hey, I'm patient) at least for the RHW-4. Does the RHW-6 still require 4 tiles across?

While I'm on the subject of future versions, I thought of a couple of items... unless they're in this version, in which case I'll be needing a change of underwear.
1) A multiple lane approach for exits (for left/double left turns, straight-throughs or right turns, etc).
2) A one-way onramp leaving the road/avenue similar to the 45-degree offramp exit in the current RHW.

zakuten

I know this may sound a bit sarcastic, and I really don't mean it to be, but couldn't you simply use a half RHW-4 for the multi-lane offramp?
Visit my MD Respublikii Anaksii , or the reboot CJ "Kara`i Shores" since the region wiped, at http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=919 !
All comments are welcome! (Hopefully someday I can re-splice 'em together, but we'll see)

MandelSoft

Awesome pictures, Hal!

MY 800TH POST! YAHOO!!!  &hlp
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

frdrcklim

Like I said in the 3RR, I thought I've seen everything.
300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.

Patricius Maximus

b22rian

Quote from: Haljackey on October 25, 2008, 04:19:55 PM
APTX stated that he will be re-releasing his stuff during this month.  The train skins have been released thus far.  Check the Bullet Train SC4 Wiki article which I update when new content is re-released.
http://www.wiki.sc4devotion.com/index.php/Bullet_Train_Mod

Sorry for being off topic.  Now, back to the RHW!

Best,
-Haljackey

Thanks a lot Hal, for doing this for us.. Ive also been looking forward to trying out this mod..
and as usual I love all your multi lane highway ideas..there fantastic.. !!

Brian

j-dub

Quote from: zakutenI know this may sound a bit sarcastic, and I really don't mean it to be, but couldn't you simply use a half RHW-4 for the multi-lane offramp
That description sounds like express lanes in the middle, and outer lanes on the side with the current setup. Thats real, may be safer, but this future version, there are ramps that enter the wider networks right away, which also is real too. I have driven on it myself. There is some interesting stuff that now is possible. Just stay tuned.

zakuten

I was referring to the part he'd boxed out in his picture though, with the two-lane-wide offramp, not express lanes at all.
Visit my MD Respublikii Anaksii , or the reboot CJ "Kara`i Shores" since the region wiped, at http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=919 !
All comments are welcome! (Hopefully someday I can re-splice 'em together, but we'll see)