• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kj3400

Wait...I thought those rails were for haljackey's bullet train.
I think I've been here long enough, call me Kenneth/Kenny.
Visit

The Commonwealth of Paradise at ST

The Commonwealth of Paradise at SC4 Wiki

Tarkus

Quote from: kj3400 on December 17, 2008, 10:11:07 PM
Wait...I thought those rails were for haljackey's bullet train.

It appears to me you're correct, kj.  The APTX Shinkansen/Bullet Train Mod actually replaces the Monorail models with the Elevated Light Rail models, with the catenaries added on as props via Type21 Exemplars.

I'll be back with a little more stuff in a little bit . . . probably just some interchanges I've built with the new RHW. ;)  My big priority right now with RHW Version 3.0 before it goes public is stabilizing the Draggable RHW-over-RHW overpasses.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Swamper77

Quote from: Tarkus on December 17, 2008, 10:22:23 PM
It appears to me you're correct, kj.  The APTX Shinkansen/Bullet Train Mod actually replaces the Monorail models with the Elevated Light Rail models, with the catenaries added on as props via Type21 Exemplars.

I'll be back with a little more stuff in a little bit . . . probably just some interchanges I've built with the new RHW. ;)  My big priority right now with RHW Version 3.0 before it goes public is stabilizing the Draggable RHW-over-RHW overpasses.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Actually, those catenaries are part of the support models. No T21's involved. This also explains why they rotate to match the alignment of the tracks as they turn.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

Tarkus

Thanks for the correction, Jan. :)  That would explain it.

At any rate, the aforementioned interchange pics I promised . . . featuring the new Elevated RHW models . . .

This here is just a simple underpass interchange--something you couldn't really do without workarounds in Version 2.0.  That's no longer the case in 3.0.

And here's a couple pics showing part of a very large interchange . . . there's actually a sort of "loop" involving those Elevated RHW-4s.  The fun stuff you can do with modularity. ;)

-Alex (Tarkus)

Haljackey

Nice!  The El-RHW is looking fantastic Alex!
-I also noticed you are using a longer road-avenue transition.  Hmm... :P

And yes, That's the bullet train mod in the RHW-2 bridge pic.  Gantries for overhead wires appear in every circumstance with the mod except for bridges, one of the few visual drawbacks of that amazing mod by APTX.

Best,
-Haljackey

MandelSoft

Did I just spot Swamper's new models and the new avenue transition?

It looks awesome!
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

darraghf

Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

Swamper77

Quote from: mrtnrln on December 18, 2008, 10:13:48 AM
Did I just spot Swamper's new models and the new avenue transition?

It looks awesome!

He's got some of them in there. He doesn't appear to have them all in yet. If he did, there would be pillars in the median of the RHW6C under the overpasses and there would be median walls going around said pillars.

-Jan
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

Monorail Master

Ok. Now I'm just wondering about a RHW-4XRHW-4 intersection. example below.

^^
                                           ||||
                                           ||||
                                           ||||
                                           ""
              <-------------------------------------------------------
              <------------------------------------------------------
              ------------------------------------------------------->
              ------------------------------------------------------->
                                             ^^
                                           ||||
                                           ||||
                                           ||||
                                           ""
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

j-dub

A200

So can we have elevated RHW exits? Sweet  :satisfied:

What about MIS bridges? Will they ever be available *is thinking of new excellent ideas for interchanges*

Patricius Maximus

Tarkus, I like those models, and the "completeness" of the interchange.

puncher1076

Wow! Alex, your EL-RHW models looks great! I can't wait till release!
I'm thinboy66 from ST

MandelSoft

Quote from: A200 on December 18, 2008, 05:03:19 PM
So can we have elevated RHW exits? Sweet  :satisfied:

What about MIS bridges? Will they ever be available *is thinking of new excellent ideas for interchanges*

Certainly! There will be MIS-bridges (I've got a alpha version, which includes El-MIS).
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Tarkus

Well, to clarify, those models were not made by me, but rather, they were made by Swamper77, my partner in crime with this project. ;)  It's all thanks to his help on the modeling end that the Elevated RHW is going to be part of RHW Version 3.0. :thumbsup:

-Alex (Tarkus)

Patricius Maximus

QuoteWell, to clarify, those models were not made by me, but rather, they were made by Swamper77, my partner in crime with this project.

I do know that, but they were on your interchange, and that was what thing of yours I was complementing.

metarvo

That's an spectacular interchange you've got there, Alex.  RHW Day will be a great day, if I do say so myself.

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

bat

That is looking really fantastic! Nice work! :thumbsup:

nerdly_dood

The amazing thing about Swamper77's highway models is that in addition to being the excellent quality I've learned to expect from him, he's also been able to  put a lot of time and effort into his automata modding, as seen in the latest pages of Swamper's Garage.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!