• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Thanks for the feedback and kind words, everyone!   :thumbsup:

Quote from: Nego on December 07, 2010, 07:17:59 PM
I'm guessing we will se chevrons on other ramp interfaces?

Yes.  The default set included in the mod itself probably won't have chevrons on it, but the option will exist as part of a texture pack released around the same time.

Getting further into splitterland now (still needs color correction) . . .

-Alex

Ryan B.

BigSlark

The more RHW splitters the better! I'm looking forward to playing with these, Alex.

Cheers,
Kevin

Rionescu

Is there going to be an RHW-4 to dual parallel MIS splitter?

Tarkus

Quote from: Rionescu on December 10, 2010, 05:12:55 PM
Is there going to be an RHW-4 to dual parallel MIS splitter?

Does this answer your question? :)

A "wishbone" parallel splitter, similar to the one shown here is also planned for the RHW-4.  The textures are done, but the actual puzzle piece hasn't been built yet.  As a whole, the "splittery" is continuing along well . . . got probably 75% of ramp interfaces/splitters in place now, including some new ones.  A couple of the larger ones involving transitions in/out of the RHW-6C will wait until the transitions are done, as they'll lay a base.

It's looking like the "V5-Spec" textures will actually debut in V4.2, though it's not a given at this point, as we've yet to finalize a "cut-off point" on the features.

-Alex

mariuszd

Quote from: Tarkus on December 10, 2010, 08:12:19 PM
Does this answer your question? :)

O!!!!!!! I was going to ask you about that. What about elvated spliter?

Ciuu96

Quote from: Tarkus on December 10, 2010, 08:12:19 PM
It's looking like the "V5-Spec" textures will actually debut in V4.2, though it's not a given at this point, as we've yet to finalize a "cut-off point" on the features.

That is great news! Just wondering, will the euro version also be released some time around 4.2, or do we have to wait?
Has it really been almost 2 years?
Must return. :)

noahclem

That's great news on the V5-Spec textures!! I really like the new lane widths and the euro textures are looking awesome as well.

Nice splitters as well  :thumbsup:  Are there any plans for FAR splitters (RHW-4 to MIS+FAMIS)? Or other exciting new FARHW developments? FARHW to diagonal RHW, FA-2 RHW (~30 degrees) pieces, or exits off of FARHW pieces? FARHW-6 to ortho MIS+FARHW-4, FARHW-6 to diagonal MIS+FARHW-4, and FARHW-6 to ortho RHW-4+FAMIS would all be awesome and I think would add tremendous visual appeal, realism, and "grid-breaking" ability. Also, any news on overpasses (WAVERide-based?) over FARHW pieces? Add type-C&D exits to the wider networks and that's pretty much my current wishlist  ::)

In any case, thanks for all your work! 4.2 is shaping up to look pretty awesome  &apls &apls

metasmurf

Quick question: Are the neighbourhood loop connection pieces mandatory to make a functional connection for RHW4? My RHW4 doesn't have a one tile gap in between, hence the question.

travismking

There are pieces also in the neighbor connection tab loop just for that, you simply make the neighbor connection normally, then select the RHW neighbor connection icon, press tab until you see the RHW-4 neighbor connection, and plop on top of the last tile, making sure the yellow and white lines line up

Rionescu

The loop connectors are mandatory for anything wider than RHW-2, with or without a median, because otherwise the connection will only be used by freight trucks.

kassarc16

Quote from: metasmurf on December 11, 2010, 07:20:27 PM
Quick question: Are the neighbourhood loop connection pieces mandatory to make a functional connection for RHW4? My RHW4 doesn't have a one tile gap in between, hence the question.

You can always transition to Avenue for the connection, but I've always wondered exactly what situation that loop piece is for.

travismking

there are loop connections that dont actually need a loop, it creates a loop without needing a 1 tile median inside the RHW

Tarkus

Quote from: Ciuu96 on December 11, 2010, 04:50:56 AM
That is great news! Just wondering, will the euro version also be released some time around 4.2, or do we have to wait?

Yes, a concurrent release is planned. :thumbsup:

Quote from: noahclem on December 11, 2010, 06:40:44 AM
Are there any plans for FAR splitters (RHW-4 to MIS+FAMIS)? Or other exciting new FARHW developments? FARHW to diagonal RHW, FA-2 RHW (~30 degrees) pieces, or exits off of FARHW pieces? FARHW-6 to ortho MIS+FARHW-4, FARHW-6 to diagonal MIS+FARHW-4, and FARHW-6 to ortho RHW-4+FAMIS would all be awesome and I think would add tremendous visual appeal, realism, and "grid-breaking" ability.

FARHW is going to be expanded a fair bit in coming releases.  FARHW-to-Diagonal RHW has been planned for awhile and exists incomplete, and Daniel had done some texture prototypes of additional ramp interfaces and splitters for the FARHW.  The "FAR2" angle (26.5/63.5-degree, as I recall) will make it to the RHW as well, though it probably a little farther out.

Quote from: noahclem on December 11, 2010, 06:40:44 AM
Also, any news on overpasses (WAVERide-based?) over FARHW pieces? Add type-C&D exits to the wider networks and that's pretty much my current wishlist  ::)

We're still trying to figure out the further implementation of the FARHW network content . . . there's been some experimentation with the draggable end, though there hasn't been anything beyond preliminary work on that end.  The helper piece idea may still get another go as well.

And Type C and D exits are planned for all the wider networks . . . in fact, in the process of preparing some of the V5-Spec textures for some of the existing interfaces, I went ahead and made textures for just about all of them.  There's a good possibility they'll be in the next release.

Oh, and to clarify on the whole Neighbor Connections thing.  All the Neighbor Connections have an Underground Loop under them--that is how the pieces actually work.  The "Underground Loop Piece" that has the blue arrow with the "N" on it is used only on empty medians and places where you need to connect multiple carriageways.  They continue the underground loop to ensure functionality.  Essentially, all they do is take the old, aesthetically-displeasing surface-level Loop Connector and put it underground so it's not visible.

This should clear it up once and for all:

Oh, and a look at the V5-Spec revamp of the Diagonal RHW-4 Type A Ramp.

-Alex

Shadow Assassin

Are there any plans for FAR splitters (RHW-4 to MIS+FAMIS)? Or other exciting new FARHW developments? FARHW to diagonal RHW, FA-2 RHW (~30 degrees) pieces, or exits off of FARHW pieces? FARHW-6 to ortho MIS+FARHW-4, FARHW-6 to diagonal MIS+FARHW-4, and FARHW-6 to ortho RHW-4+FAMIS would all be awesome and I think would add tremendous visual appeal, realism, and "grid-breaking" ability.

FARHW is going to be expanded a fair bit in coming releases.  FARHW-to-Diagonal RHW has been planned for awhile and exists incomplete, and Daniel had done some texture prototypes of additional ramp interfaces and splitters for the FARHW.  The "FAR2" angle (26.5/63.5-degree, as I recall) will make it to the RHW as well, though it probably a little farther out.

Yup, there will be additional flexibility with FARHW. But the big issue is deciding what pieces should be done as a matter of priority for the next and subsequent releases. I'd say the FARHW pieces for wider networks would be next, as well as diagonal transitions and in-line transitions (eg. FARHW-4 to FARHW-6).
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

j-dub

Alex, I don't remember if this was proposed for the current project, but what was the chance of having another diagonal ramp go this direction:

(ramp not to scale)

Tarkus

Quote from: j-dub on December 12, 2010, 10:17:05 AM
Alex, I don't remember if this was proposed for the current project, but what was the chance of having another diagonal ramp go this direction:

Extremely good chance of it. ;)

-Alex

Monorail Master

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

banditp61

Is there any site, where we can get the concert texture for RHW?

Tarkus

Quote from: banditp61 on December 12, 2010, 01:59:12 PM
Is there any site, where we can get the concert texture for RHW?

Nowhere, as it's still under development and hasn't been released.  It'll probably come out after Version 4.2 sometime, possibly at the same time if things go well.

-Alex