• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meldolion

WOW!
I liked bvery much the part one of your ploppable trees tutorial!! Looking forward for more!! $%Grinno$%

M4346

Quote from: dedgren on February 10, 2007, 03:38:55 PM
Welcome to membership in the 3RR Fact Checkers!

As a person who has duly qualified himself by going above and beyond the call to keep 3RR free of errors and omissions, you have now been permanently memorialized in the naming of [...] a small town in the northeast quad of the Township of Dutchman.

It's a pleasure to see you on the map!  Thanks.

David

Thank you very much David, this is rather unexpected and an incredible honour. I saw this post last night as I was going to bed, and I was at a loss for words.  :D I was thinking to myself, what does one say and out of fear that it would look like an "Oscar's Acceptance Speech." I.e. "I'd like to thank my mother, my father, my sister, my brother, my second cousin twice removed, my grandmother, my boyfriend, my brother-in-law..." I refrained from commenting.  $%Grinno$%

So, thanks for the incredible honour, and I hope to further contribute to the perfection of this MD and MP (masterpiece  :D).

Looking forward to more from 3RR!

- Marius
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

M4346

I know that now it's going to appear as if I'm "fault-finding" but I can assure you that that is not the case. :P I was going through 3RR and making use of the table of contents to see if I can (somehow) find the reference to your daughter's location in South Africa, and to relay her location in relation to mine to you. But alas, I can't remember where that was. Maybe in my MD?  ()what()

Anyway, in my journey through 3RR I stumbled across an unfortunate error and thought that I'd inform you. :P

As you can see it appears as if changing that slipped your mind. I hope you don't mind me pointing that out, and I'm sure it's nothing at all, but you know, I would like to see everything being perfect in here!

Keep up the good work!  :thumbsup:

- Marius

PS. Sorry for the double-post
New Horizons Productions

dedgren

Well, Marius (M4346), that's the dirty little secret of becoming a 3RR Fact Checker.  We lure you in...

...and then work you like a dog- har, har!

All kidding aside, it constantly amazes me as I review previous posts from time to time that I can almost always catch a typo or format error.  Thanks for catching that one.

You raise a point that I had been meaning to- the Table of Contents [linkie to current pages].  If you are looking for something in 3RR, that's where to go.  Every post I've made in 3RR is hotlinked, and I try to at least give you a clue as to what the post was about.  I also try pretty hard to keep the TOC current- at most it's a page or so behind.  The link is in my sig, so- if you get lost, find something I've posted and within a bit you'll be back on your way.

As long as I'm doing miscellany, my images used in 3RR and 3RR-ST at ImageShack, all 1,899 of them (for the moment, anyway), can be viewed here [linkie].  You're welcome to look- who knows what you'll find?

I'm working as this is written on Part Two of the Creating Seasonal Tree Ploppable Lots tutorial started a few days ago.  Part One is here [linkie], please take a look if you haven't seen it yet.

Later.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

M4346

While I'm waiting for the LE to load I thought I'd pop in here and respond... I'm beginning to think I'm making a habit of posting here... I don't mind, that is if you don't mind, of course.  $%Grinno$%

Quote from: dedgren on February 11, 2007, 01:04:55 PM
Well, Marius (M4346), that's the dirty little secret of becoming a 3RR Fact Checker.  We lure you in...

...and then work you like a dog- har, har!

All kidding aside, it constantly amazes me as I review previous posts from time to time that I can almost always catch a typo or format error.  Thanks for catching that one.

Ah well, I'm not complaining... yet. :P It's a pleasure David, always glad to be of service.  :D

Looking forward to Part II of the Seasonal Tree Tutorial! ;)

-M-
New Horizons Productions

Cali

very nice and detailed work:)
"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

thundercrack83

1900 images?!!? That's a lot! Can't wait for Part II!

GMT

22 pages already...  &apls
oh well...
no I'm here.
Nice snow pic.
oh, quite some interesting mapping and info's on the region!

waiting for more!

... really, it is. I swear.

kalanc69

Dedgren,

I gotta be honest and tell you that I was completely blown back by the quality of your work. You never cease to amaze me, and I am grateful for the hard work you put into this tutorial!

Kalanc69

dedgren

Well, we're back for Part Two of our ongoing tutorial.  In this part, we'll use the Maxis Lot Editor to create seasonal tree ploppable lots for use in quickly foresting our regions.  The part is long, and will go up across several installments, the first of which follows.

n.b.:  If you haven't read Part One of this tutorial, it might be helpful in understanding some of what follows.  You can get there by clicking here [linkie].

I will assume for this part of the tutorial that you have downloaded and installed the Lot Editor and Andreas Roth's SFBT cycledogg Random Seasonal Woods.  If not, take a few minutes and do that...we'll wait for you here.  If you missed the links, they are here [linkie to the LE] and here [linkie to the seasonal woods].

...beautiful 3RR elevator music [linkie] plays...

Okay, back at it.  Now, stop booting up the Lot Editor for just a minute and listen- here's a tip that will make your use of this program a lot easier, to the extent that you are using it to create a lot that you have thought through in advance.

If you are the average SC4 player, you probably have a "My Documents" Sim City 4 plugins folder measuring in the gigabyte+ range.  I see folks in the forums talking about four or five gig plugins folders and I just have to shake my head...  Anyway, that's for another time (but do you really need 18 different kinds of gas stations?).  If you just plow on ahead, you'll have to wait for the LE to load all that stuff (but you must already be used to waiting...heh!) and then the menus in the program will have several miles of stuff on them.  Instead, take your plugins folder and rename it "Protected Plugins" as shown here.   

Then, create a new, empty plugins folder (in other words, rename a "New Folder" to "Plugins"), open it, and copy into it just the files you'll be working with.  In this case, that's the "CP_PropPack_Vol01.dat" file, as below.

Trust me- you'd thank me for this if you had ever used the LE with a three gig plugins folder.  It's well worth the few extra moments of bother.  And, when you're done, you just discard the temporary plugins folder then rename the "Protected Plugins" folder back.

Now open the Lot Editor.  The first screen you see, after a bit of a wait, is this one.

The "Choose Lot to Edit" selection box, which I have outlined in green (bright green is the "hey, looka this!" color du jour in this tutorial), is where the program will always start.  The items in the list are all of the Maxis lots (see Part One for a discussion of this game object) in the game.  The significance of the hexadecimal number that starts each lot file will be addressed briefly in Part Three of this tutorial once we get to the ilive Reader.  There's also useful info in later parts of the file name- a subject for a future tutorial.

Move the selection box slider (1) down about four-fifths of the way to the bottom until the "Pz1x1" lots come into view.  Next, select (2) the "0x4ab05a13 --- Pz1x1_Grass ---" lot by left-mouse clicking on it.  Finally, (3) left-mouse click on the "OK" button at the bottom of the box.

The "Choose Lot to Edit" selection box will go away, and you'll be left with what appears in the following pic.  This is the LE editing panel and it consists, per the very helpful tutorial that installs in your Maxis menu with the Lot Editor, of the 2D View Area, the 3D View Area, and the Tool Tabs.  All but the 3D View Area are interactive in terms of accepting input.

In the upper left hand corner of the 2D View Area, you will always find the "short name," which is the file name less the opening hexadecimal number, of the lot that you are editing.

We'll start by changing a few of the lot settings in the Tool Tabs area.  When a lot is selected for editing, the "tab" that is on top by default is, not surprisingly, the "Lot" tab.  In the "Foundation" area of the tab, we'll change the original value to "999" by entering that figure in the white text input window, as circled.  Suffice it to say for now that this change will allow the lot we're making to conform to steeper slopes without generating a foundation.

Next, we'll modify the "Elevation Change" area of the tab to reflect a "Lot Max" of "999," as circled.  This will allow our lot to be placed on steep slopes in the first place.

The next step is to left-mouse click on the "Building" tab.  Even though we are not changing the building in this tutorial, it is good to be familiar early on with what this tab displays.

This click moves the "Buildings" tab to the front.  It is a simple one, displaying (1) only "Replace Item" and "Replace Family" buttons.  Making the tab the active one brings the building on the lot into clear view (2) in the 2D View Area.

Selecting the building in the 2D View area by left-mouse clicking on it or by left-click dragging a selection box around it causes (1) the building outline to be highlighted in white.  The arrow displaying the "front" of the building's x-y orientation also highlights in white.  While the building is highlighted, its file name as it appears in the LE "Select a Building" menu appears in the lower left corner of the 2D View Area.

Note that this is one of those 2D buildings I told you about in Part One.  Not only is it completely, absolutely, utterly flat, but it is also...

...theme from the Twilight Zone [linkie] plays...

...invisible.  But hey, it's a grass lot, remember?  The only reason a "building" is on it is because, as we discussed in Part One, every lot has to have a building on it.  There is nothing, however, that says the building can't be completely flat and invisible.  Heh!

Next, we'll select the "Props" tab.

That tab has three buttons (1): "Add Item," "Add Family," and "Duplicate Selected."  We'll be using "Add Item" in a bit, and "Duplicate Selected" later in the tutorial.  "Add Family" is beyond the scope this time around, but sooner or later...  Notice that, unlike what happened when we made the "Building" tab active, selecting the "Props" tab does not cause anything to appear (2) on the lot in the 2D View Area.  That's because this lot had no props on it.

Let's left-mouse click on the "Add Item" button.

This brings up the "Choose Prop to Add" selection box and a list of more props than you ever thought you could imagine.  Now, pause a moment- how many props do you think would be in this list if you had left your three gig plugins folder in play?

...can you say 10 foot tall monitor?

The prop file names are somewhat similar to their lot counterparts- they also begin with a unique hexadecimal number that identifies each.

Move (1) the menu slider about one-third of the way down toward the bottom.  This will bring into view (2) a section of props that all have the letters "CP" after the hexadecimal portion.  These are props created by cycledogg, and include the seasonal tree props that we will be using.

Move the slider (1) carefully down a bit further until the "ValleyOak" props (2) come into view.

Choose, by left-mouse clicking on it, the "Fall" variant of the "ValleyOaks" props.  The prop will highlight as shown.

Now, left-mouse click the "OK" button to select the prop for placement.

The "Choose Prop to Add" selection box will disappear and the mouse cursor arrow will reappear (1) with the prop outline (the big blue filled square outlined in white) under it over the lot in the 2D View Area.  If you move the mouse, the prop square will freely move as well.  The prop itself, a nice oak tree, shows up (2) in the 3D View Area.  This 3D prop image will also move with the mouse movement.  Finally, the name of the active prop (3) appears at the lower left of the 2D View Area.

Both the 2D and 3D viewing areas can be zoomed in and out.  We'll zoom in the 3D View Area by left-mouse clicking several times on the "+" symbol, as circled.  Set a zoom level that meets your individual needs- there is nothing magic about it.

Now. we'll slide our "ValleyOak" prop toward the lower left of our 1x1 lot, as seen in the 2D View Area.  When we reach where the cursor arrow is, as shown by the green circle, we'll left-mouse click to position the prop.  A point to note here is that props, like lots, have an x-y orientation indicated by an arrow- even though the prop may not have a "front," so to speak, the orientation is necessary where, as we will be doing here, we want to align multiple props along the same orientation.

After we click, we move the cursor away in the direction shown by the green arrow.  We see that, in addition to our positioned prop, we are now moving a new prop along under our cursor.  Take from this that, once a prop is selected from the menu, you can plop multiple copies of it for as long as the selection remains unchanged.  Note as well that the prop we positioned is no longer active.

Pressing the [ Esc ] key will release the unpositioned lot under the cursor, leaving the LE looking as it does here.

Let's do what we did earlier in the 3D View Area in the 2D View Area- enlarge the view by clicking on the "+" symbol.

We'll continue creating our seasonal prop by once again clicking on the "Props" tab "Add Item" button.

Returning to cycledogg's "ValleyOak" props, (1) we'll now choose the "Winter" variant by left-mouse clicking on it, and then by (2) clicking "OK."

Once again, we find our cursor and a prop square underneath (1) over the lot in the 2D View Area.  The winter prop tree appears (2) in the 3D View Area.

We'll now position our "floating" winter tree prop (1) perfectly over the fall one placed just a bit ago, and place it by left-mouse clicking once the blue squares and arrows are perfectly aligned.  Reference to the 3D View Area (2) also helps confirm correct placement.

You now "Know the drill."  Two seasons to go- we click [ Esc ] to lose the new floating winter tree prop, then return to the "props" tab "Add Item" menu, where we (1) choose the spring "ValleyOak," then (2) click "OK."

The spring tree prop is, like the winter one before it, (1) directly superimposed over the fall prop, and then its position is fixed by left-clicking the mouse.  Again, it may be helpful to refer (2) to the 3D View Area.  Btw, ignore the artifacting (diagonal lines and dots) in the 3D View Area image.  It has no effect on the appearance of the completed seasonal prop in the game.

The remaining summer "ValleyOak" tree prop is chosen and "OK" is clicked.

It is then (1) aligned on top of the three props before it, and placed with a left-mouse click.  The (2) 3D View Area demonstrates that it is located properly.  Note (3) that even though four props are now stacked one on the other, the active prop still appears in the lower-left corner of the 2D View Area.

A press of the [ Esc ] key leaves us with this view.

Even though this completes our assembly of the seasonal "ValleyOak" tree prop, before we wrap up and leave the Lot Editor, let's take a moment to left-mouse click on the "Base Texture" tab.

Much as before, we see the same sort of arrangement.  Left-mouse clicking (1) on the lot in the 2D View Area selects the texture, which then appears (2) bounded with a white line border in the 3D View Area.  The file name of the texture (3) appears at the lower-left corner of the 2D View Area, once again starting with a unique hexadecimal identifier.

Leaving textures at that with a press of the [ Esc ] key, we prepare to save our newly created lot by left-mouse clicking on the "Save As" button at the bottom of the "Tool Tabs" area.

This click brings up a "Select Name" input box.  The name of the lot we started with appears in the box by default.

We'll (1) type in a unique name to identify the lot by.  I start all mine with my initials: DRE, and then use common names that I intend to recognize the lot by in the game.  In this case, I've named the lot "DRE_CP_White_Oak_1x1_V1."  If I do more one by one whie oak lots, I'll call them "V2," V3," and so on.  A left-mouse click of the "OK" button and...

...reference back to the lot name in the 2D View Area tells us our work was successful.

From here, it's just a left-mouse click of the "Exit" button in the "Tool Tabs" area to exit the Lot Editor and go out and test our seasonal tree lot.

The program asks if you really want to go, and clicking "OK" allows us to move on to the next installment of Part Two, which will be here [linkie] as soon as it is completed and posted.

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

meinhosen

This is a really nice, ongoing tutorial you're doing.  Keep up the great work and keep on sharing... sooner or later all of our regions are going to start looking as good as yours if you keep on sharing all your secrets.  ;)
You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

thundercrack83

Part II is coming along quite nicely, I'm eager to see the finish!

kwakelaar

This will be a very extensive tutorial, thanks for putting so much time and effort into this.

NikNik

David, thank you for the tutorial.

Question: isn't the tutorial section here at SC4D a better place to put it?

Nik-Nik

M4346

Thanks for the tutorial David, although I got the hang of that part of the LE it still helps to see you do it, and more specifically describe it all. Very detailed, as usual, so a huge kudos for that!  :thumbsup:

I am looking forward to the Reader tutorial though, as I'm almost useless at the Reader. :P

My efforts with the LE last night was largely unsuccessful though as it modifies some rewards and some landmarks, maybe it's the DESC file that gets lost in the modification, I'm not sure.  ()what()

To use an example, I modified CSX Flora Jacaranda walks to make them tie in with the BSC Parks (I'm from Pretoria, I LOVE the Jacarandas! :P) and it didn't show up in-game. The original files are only lot files (there are no SC4Model files, DATs or DESCs) and my files were essentially only  LOT files and yet they didn't show up. Then again some of my other only LOT files did... well, trial and error is man's best friend I guess.  $%Grinno$%

And if you don't mind David, I'd like to take a shot, or rather, express my personal view at the following:

Quote from: NikNik on February 13, 2007, 01:40:07 AM
Question: isn't the tutorial section here at SC4D a better place to put it?

Nik-Nik

Well, to me 3RR is one massive tutorial, amongst other things. And thanks to David's very efficient TOC it's easy to reference everything.

3RR is also a retreat, an educational experience, a place for friends, and well, 3RR! Need I say more?  :P

But just a suggestion David, and I know it's time consuming and all that, but maybe you can make a post in the Tutorials section of SC4D, something like "3RR tutorials" and have an index there with links to in-3RR tutorials for quick reference.

Great tutorial, yet again, and looking forward, as always, to more! (Sorry, I'm writing in "stream-of-consciousness" mode. :P That would explain the many commas, the parentheses, and all that. Although I'm not a huge fan of "stream-of-consciousness" it is a literary style that was put to good use by, amongst others, Virginia Woolf. :P)

Have a great day! (It's 1 am Alaska time, I assume. :P)

Regards,

- Marius
New Horizons Productions

emilin

Bravo! &apls

Never underestimate the use for being thorough. There's a lot of stuff in that tutorial that I have been using for other puropses myself, but now I understand WHY they work too (I usually just fiddle around with the LE untill it looks ok), and the treshold values have always been a complete mystery to me.

Thank you!

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

bat

Great tutorial, it is very useful!

dedgren

Hi, everyone!  Thanks for the great comments about the ongoing tutorial.  It's so nice to write for such an appreciative audience, and there's more of Part Two in the pipeline today.

To answer Nik-Nik

QuoteQuestion: isn't the tutorial section here at SC4D a better place to put it?

Ultimately, yes.  What I plan to do, though, is put it up here in 3RR first so that the concept of what I'm doing in my MD is directly linked for the reader to the actual "how-to" information, then after a while move the discrete tutorial content over to the tutorial forum section, leaving a "pointer" linkie here.  If I put it there right off, my belief is that the connection to 3RR would be much less strong for the ongoing reader.

So there you have it.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

dedgren

Here we go with the continuation of Part Two of our ongoing tutorial.  Part Two started here [linkie].  In this post, we'll take a look in the game at the seasonal tree lot we just created in the Maxis Lot Editor.  We'll conclude by posing a few questions- some of which we will find answers for in Part Three, where we will take up the use of the ilive Reader in making our seasonal tree lots a finished product,

Before we rush off to test out in the game the new seasonal tree we created in the first section of this part, let's take a few minutes to create a new single quad SC4 region that we will use in the remainder of this and in future tutorials.  Start your graphics program (I, as I have noted, use Paint Shop Pro 8 so that's what you'll see here- its menus and functions seem pretty generic) and select the menu choice that gets you started creating a new image.

When the program asks you about the characteristics of the new image, make sure that it is (1 and 2) four pixels wide by four pixels high.  You shouldn't have to worry about any other setting here.  Click (3) the "OK" button to create the new image.

Next, open the palette or other input box that allows you to create a "fill" color.  Using (1) the "R" (red), "G" (green), and "B" (blue) text input fields, set R to "127," G to "0," and B to "255."  Select that color by clicking (2) "OK."

Using (1) your "flood fill" tool (it usually looks like a paint can tipped up with paint spilling over the side- oh, those Silicon Valley [linkie] funsters!) fill (2) the new image (which, because it's so small, will have to view at 2000% or so) with the color you created a moment ago.  If you wind up with a color that looks majorly different from the pic below, go back to the previous step and check your R, G and B settings.

Now, click on "Save As" up in your "File" menu.  You'll get some variant (1) of the standard Windows "Save As" input window- navigate down (2) through your My Documents "SimCity 4" folder to your "Regions" folder.  Click (3) on the "New Folder" icon to create (4) a...

...you guessed it...

...new folder.

Change the name of the new folder to "One_Quad."

Now, open (1) the new "One_Quad" folder.  Type (2) "One_Quad" as the name of your image file.  Drop down (3) to the "Save as Type" selection field and choose whatever your graphics program calls .bmp files.  This step is essential, as the image file must be saved in .bmp format.  Finally, click (4) the "Save" button to save the file.

Next, open a new Notepad file.  In the Notepad window, type the following (or cut and paste it from here):

[Regional Settings]
Name = One_Quad
Terrain type = 0
Water Min = 60
Water Max = 100

Once that is typed, choose "Save as" from the "File" menu.  When the "Save As" window appears, navigate (1) in the "Save in" drop-down field to your new "One_Quad" folder.  Enter (2) "Region.ini" in the "File name:" field and choose (3) "All Files" from the "Save as type:" drop-down field.  Finally, click (4) the "Save" button.

Now you're ready to start SC4.

...I don't think I need to tell you how to do that...

Once at the "Region" view, open the "Region" icon by clicking on it.  Then choose "Load Region" by left-clicking on its "folder" icon.

When the "Load Region" list window appears, scroll down (1) to your newly created "One_Quad" region and choose it by left-mouse clicking on it.  Then, click (2) the "Load Region" button to complete the selection.

How 'bout that?  You've created a one quad region.  Click on it then click the big blue button to continue.

Immediately enter Mayor Mode, which brings up the "Establish City" window.  Enter (1) a city name (I've used "Testbed City," you may use any name your little heart would desire), then click (2) the "Establish City" button to start the city.

Our ploppable seasonal tree lot, if we were sucessful, will appear in the "Build Parks" submenu of Mayor Mode.  Click on that icon to view the submenu.

Sure enough, there at the top (or not, as your "Build Parks" submenu may be different depending on whether you followed my advice about the plugins folder) of the submenu is our lot.  Left-mouse click on it to extend the information balloon.  You'll note that it still refers to "Open Grass Area" and other information clearly pertaining to the lot we started with.

A click on the "game" Open Grass Area lot a few icons below ours confirms this by generating the same info balloon.  This is one of the things we will fix when we get to Part Three of our tutorial and learn the use of the ilive Reader.

Going back to our seasonal tree lot, let's plop one and see what happens as the game date changes.

Hmmm, February 7th of 02, and we have definitely got a winter tree.

By April the 8th, spring is in the air and the new leaves drink in the warm sunshine.

Come high summer, July the 10th, the tree's foliage is in full summer display.

On November 5th, the tree is clothed in its autumn splendor, needing only a few leaf-peeper props to complete the scene.  So, IT WORKED!  Congratulations, you've created a seasonal prop plop lot...

...now, say that three times fast.

As a last step or so, let's click (1) to open the "query" tool and then click it (2) on the lot to see what info we get.  As you certainly suspected...

...after all, this tutorial is not the Lot Editor for Dummies [linkie]...

...the query response still refers to the lot we started out with.  Another job for the ilive Reader.

Clicking on the tree prop itself discloses that, although we're calling it a white oak, the tree stubbornly is hanging on to the Valley Oak moniker that cycledogg gave it.  Hey, at least it knows what season it is...

So, the questions I promised way back at the top of this post:

• How do we get a good looking icon for our lot into the "Build Parks" submenu instead of that "tree on a square" thingie?
  • How do we get the submenu icon info balloon to give us info about our lot, and not the Maxis open grass field?
  • How do we get the lot query balloon to do the same?
  • Can we change the prop query ballon to reflect what we want to call the tree?
  • What if we want to change things like plop cost, or monthly cost, or NIMBY/YIMBY effect that are associated with the original lot?
  • Finally, how do we lose that "game" texture so that we can plop the lot anywhere we feel like and have it blend in?

? ? ?

...hey, I just promised questions, not answers...

...but we'll see.

That wraps up this section of Part Two of the tutorial.  Now, I bet you figure we're done here and are on our way to Part Three, right?

Well...WRONG!

What we're going to do is head one more time back to the LE, where we'll take our little single tree 1x1 lot and use it to make a whole forest on a much larger lot.  It should go much faster this time, as you have the basic skills down.  I think, though, that I still have a few tips and tricks up my sleeve that will set you well on the road to becoming, at least in this regard, an accomplished user of the Lot Editor program.

See you again in a day or so.
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

NikNik

Quote from: dedgren on February 13, 2007, 06:51:36 AM
Hi, everyone!  Thanks for the great comments about the ongoing tutorial.  It's so nice to write for such an appreciative audience, and there's more of Part Two in the pipeline today.

To answer Nik-Nik

Ultimately, yes.  What I plan to do, though, is put it up here in 3RR first so that the concept of what I'm doing in my MD is directly linked for the reader to the actual "how-to" information, then after a while move the discrete tutorial content over to the tutorial forum section, leaving a "pointer" linkie here.  If I put it there right off, my belief is that the connection to 3RR would be much less strong for the ongoing reader.

So there you have it.David

Okay I understand. It's not for nothing that the subtitle of 3RR is: Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community

Nik-Nik