• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sithlrd98

A few pages back , I said that I had run out of english words to describe how I feel about these projects , so with the help of Google translator , here are some other ways to express how I feel!

哇!   
Loistava!   
Magnifique!
Ehrfürchtig!
Grande!
元気づける!
Chłodny!
excepcional!   
сказочные!
marvelous! ...Ok so I still had one word left!

Jayson

EDIT:  And Jayson, big 'grats for becoming the latest member of the Double-0 Club. -DE

abcvs

I leave you to your own devices for a couple of days and when I return I have 4 or 5 pages to catch up on.

Duvad

Those last 3 pics look great, as usual.

Can't wait for the wide runways, though!

dedgren

Still workin'.  Took a break to doodle a bit more, though.

March.

May

October

Tomorrow's the Veteran's Day holiday, so I can keep at this tomorrow.

I owe folks answers to a few questions.

Dan (dsrwhat316)- The textures are all complete for the diagonal wide runways, but the LOTting was never finished.  Fred (freedo50) and Ryan (filasimo) were working with me on these- Fred's pretty much head over heels caught up in the SC4 Wiki, and Ryan's just moved on to other things.  So I'm the Lone Ranger at this point.  That's an invitation, I guess, to anyone who might be interested in talking with me about this.  Fred and Ryan, by the way, deserve major kudos for the ortho wide runways which, if we're all lucky, will see the light of day very, very shortly.

Ben (ben_meissner)- Matt's telephone poles have sat on the back burner for too long.  Time to fire up the PlopperizerTM.  Watch this space.

metarvo, my friend, doodles are just that- they go away when the computer shuts down.  I take lots of pics, though,

dtp (deathtopumpkins)- I've been trying to figure out how to package the seasonal ploppable stuff.  It seems stable over many game years and the technique does appear to work across a wide range of ploppable stuff.  There's some issues I'm still thinking about- I haven't lost track of this, and will keep everyone posted.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Heblem

Excellent work!  :thumbsup: You're changing the game into a realism that i never thought possible...

Nardo69

Hi Dave!

How about meeting at the crossing with some sandviches and a bottle of coffee for some relaxing while waiting for the train?  ;)

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

Toichus Maximus

bat

That is looking so beautiful! Great work! :thumbsup:

deathtopumpkins

Thanks for the update, David and Andreas! That's one thing I'm really looking forward to coming out of 3RR.

And I must say that is the prettiest doodling I've ever seen... it's not a doodle, it's a work of art.  ;)
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

thundercrack83

Incredible work, David!

What you do "doodling," I'd toil over for an hour and then give up in frustration!

You never cease to amaze me, my friend!

Dustin

Jmouse

Those are, indeed, some impressive doodles, David. Just wondering how slope-tolerant STR is. Not very I'd guess, but I don't recall seeing anyone ask. Also I've been wondering if the existing stations will work with it. Unfortunately the computer cannot see your beautiful landscapes but sees only numbers, and if the numbers don't fit ... well, we all know what happens!

I always enjoy the view when I stop by 3RR...
Joan

JoeST

i would guess that the orthagonals are as slope tolerant as normal rail and the puzzle pieces are as slope tolerant as the FAR/R etc.. pieces ;)

looking great here David, you brighten my  mornings:)

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

abcvs

Methinks you will hit 170K Page views today David...
I like the telephone poles and fences too...

art128

Wow ! David, that's awesome !! Yo do an excellent work here my friend  &apls
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Grneyes

Seriously, 3RR has turned into its own game. It's no longer SC4...its 3RR: THE game to play.

MaryBeth

dedgren

Well, here they are...

I'll be putting Matt's (threestooges) full set of telephone poles on the 3RREX [linkie] a bit later today.

There's single crossbar poles in ortho, diagonal, and the two FAR/FARR angles: 18.4 and 71.6 degrees.

Three crossbar poles come in the same variants.

There's also one and three cross-crossbar orthogonal and diagonal poles, single crossbar poles with a transformer in all the angles, and a no crossbar utility pole.  They really add to a rural scene.

You can see the transformer pole here at the corner.

They appear in the "Flora" mayor mode submenu.

Matt will be packaging them to upload on the LEX shortly, but you can enjoy them starting today.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

TheTeaCat

Thank you so much for sharing these :thumbsup:

Stunning pics too &apls

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Sheep49

Yay for the Matt's Ploppable Telephone Poles! ;D They add a lot of realism to the game. Can't wait to put them next to the RHW in Blue Floydshire $%Grinno$%

And 3RR's updates themselves are awesome. Even though I didn't comment lately, I'm looking at what David, Matt and friends are doing with SC4. They are (almost) transferring it into the new game! That being said, I can't wait for the next update. :thumbsup:

BTW, finally I've found out the angles of FAR & FARR, thanks to you ;) 18.4 and 71 degrees? Insanely strange angles, but really realistic :D

Thanks for your hard work! People like you, David, are keeping the site, and the world of SC4 alive ;)
Piotr
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

metarvo

:shocked2:

The things you do...

Of course, these are Matt's poles, so I should really be thanking him for creating them.  However, it is you who are bringing them to us early, David.  I'll be downloading them, that's for sure. ;)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

kimcar

&apls &apls Great one and great looking too  :thumbsup: