• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Laon

Started by Fabian93, November 19, 2008, 11:29:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flyinbird93

4 updates in 11 days is deffinatly within the rules :)  great mD, i like how you show your building progress in LE and how you build your water fronts in there.  looks great cant wait for more!

Fabian93

Replies

kbieniu7: Hehe, yeah I know, relotting of that Lot is already in work  ;), won't be shown today though thank you for noticing.  &apls 
kwakelaar:  Thank you very much for your posting and this information... I didn't know that. I thought it was a problem with my prop-placing.  :thumbsup:
flyinbird93:  Thank you. Hope you'll keep watching my MD with interest.  :)

And also "thank you" to those who visited this MD.

Update #5

Well... another Update. Sorry, you might find this unusual, I don't know, but I want to capture the whole process of lotting Laon and the region around it...
This time I'll show you another mosaic. Nothing new, but those who also look for details in MDs might find this interesting, I added way more detail to some Lots and removed some PK Chains and so on (thanks again to that advice, praiodan). I think it's worth to watch the picture in full below. Also, please give me some advices in:
- detail
- realness (if that word doesn't exist - you know what I mean  ;))
- looking.
Only with constructive posts I can improve! ;)
Thanks...
Hope you like it:

Click on it: (1024x4500)

Well, that's it for today. Keep watching,
Fabian  &ops

flyinbird93

wonderful mosaic!  loved it, great use of custom content!  i am most interested how you got a billboard over your road right next to the canal.  wonderful stuff cant wait for more :)

Pat

Fabian wow very nice MD here!!! I love your lotting work!!!  &apls

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Fabian93

Hi, today is not really an "update-day"..  ()sad()
I just came here, to say that I will try to rework on Laon and to completly change the look. I think, that the way I worked on the Lots till now just don't seems to be right. I will try to rework on the whole city-layout.
You will see what I've done in probably 2 weeks.

Replies

flyinbird93: Thank you. Glad you like the mosaic. I don't know what you mean.. But I suppose...

Did you mean this? That's just a simple Lot, done with the LE. Afterwards I transit-enabled it.  ;)

Pat: Thank you. It's always great to hear such words, thank you!  :)

And here's a teaser of a building I'm working on as I'm writing. I'm not sure if it will be placed though... seems so giantomanic (if that word exists).

Fabian...

Orange_o_

&apls

I like your city and you make a good job with the Lot Editor with many details.

And you are the first where i can see the Mégaloo tower   :thumbsup:

Orange

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

un1

Very nice lots and cities! ;D I like your mosaics.

I will be following. ;)

-un1

bat

Some great canal-lots there! And the newer pictures are also fantastic! :thumbsup:

Fabian93

Replies

flyinbird93: Thanks for your comments, flyinbird93, really appreciated.  :)
Orange_o_: That's sad to hear, since I think it's a great looking tower. Thanks for making it.  &apls
un1: Thank you, glad you like the Lots.  :)
bat: Thanks alot, building parts of a city near the canals are my favourite "jobs".

Teaser - Update? - Soon

A teaser  %wrd ...
Well, I'm currently working on a parisian block. I love having different blocks. My aim is, to have different blocks in Laon of different countrys. I want german, french, dutch, american, and so on, blocks. It should be a city of many different nations (though it depends on, if I find enough buildings of a certain country... and the first quarter, the french one, has definatley enough, by Porkissimo and xannepan. Eventhough I think you can't use every Porkissimo building as prop  &mmm.
By the way, geoffhaw was so nice, to make the Laon flag as prop. You will see the flag in use in the next update.
Well, so here's what I have so far of the parisian quarter. Not much, but well... see you again soon.  :P

Notice, that the Lots have more detail than that, they're just hidden, you could see them from another perspective.

Click on it: (1024x1872)

I hope you don't hate teasers,
Fabian  :) (sorry for the "long" texts..)

RippleJet

Quote from: Fabian93 on December 22, 2008, 05:32:39 PM
By the way, geoffhaw was so nice, to make the Laon flag as prop. You will see the flag in use in the next update.

Ahhh, looking forward to that! :thumbsup: :D

Fabian93

Replies

RippleJet: Though I planned to show the parisian quarter today, you can still see it now at my city-hall.

Update #6

Yeah, already Update #6...
I planned to show you the parisian quarter today, but it isn't finished yet, so to keep this thread updated, I'll present you a new mosaic. As I've said, Laon has been rebuild. I didn't like the previous looking, though there were parts, that I've liked, too. Those have been rebuild with some little changes.
I hope you enjoy this mosaic - see you for the parisian quarter in the next update.
Oh and I don't know, if that lightning-effect looks strange, I just thought it looks cool.

Click on it: (1024x5400)

Well, that's it. Keep watching,
Fabian  :)

praiodan

Lovely work, Fabian. I wish I had the patience (and time!  :D) for such excessive Lot-workings. How you arranged the highrises along the waterfront, reminds me a little of Cologne and it looks simply fab!
One idea, which I particuarly like, is that you put that one building complex together out of that one japanese bank (?) building and put a garden in the center court. I might pick this idea up in future developements  ;D

Schulmanator

A great new mosaic. Very nice work!  :thumbsup:
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

CasperVg

You've been doing some very nice lotting and mosaics! I adore you work, and I'll be looking forward to more.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

bat

You have there a wonderful new mosaic! Nice work on it! And the teaser before that really great mosaic is also wonderful!! :thumbsup:

Looking forward to more... :)

paroch

Hello Fabian,

It is my first visit here and I like what you are doing very much.

I enjoy your pictures of the LE works and then seeing the lots in-game.  The way you have built the lots and put them together gives the city a real "flow" to it - everything flows smoothly from one to the next. 

When I saw all the billboards - at first I thought you were using too many but then I looked again and realised that there are not too many - it's just that there are so few in other MDs.  Your billboards give Laon a nice realistic touch.

The French quarter is looking good and I look forward to seeing the others - I will have to locate some English buildings so that you can also build an English quarter  ;)

As for the amount of comments and posts you are receiving - try not to worry too much.  As more people come here and see your work then they will come back and word will spread.  Keep doing regular updates and showing the quaity you have so far and maybe you will be given an OSITM award which is always a way to gain a high profile.  Also, the more MDs you visit and post in, then those authors are likely to pop in here to see who it is that has visited them.  But 36 replies in 6 weeks is not bad - so you should be happy.

Including the Lot-umentary is a great idea :thumbsup:

I am glad you have a Laon flag and I look forward to seeing it (Geoff also kindly made one for West End - which I use MANY times).

Well, I look forward to more from Laon

Paul

Sciurus

Very nice Fabian, but I want to ask you:

Where did you find the round black house in the center of this pic? Thanks you :thumbsup:

Removed picture at the request of Fabian93, original picture is in post 29. Robin :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Fabian93

Replies

praiodan: Thank you very much. Glad you like it. It's great to see if my MD already inspires some of you  :). And yes, that's the Mitsubishi Bank I think. After I searched for a tutorial, how to turn a building into a prop I was finally able to do this. I converted the "Mitsubishi Bank" into a prop. Then I placed them together and put a center court in the middle. Maybe you know this, but probably other people are interested in this. I forgot to take a screen of the Lot in the Lot Editor. Sorry.
Schulmanator: Thank you! Glad you like it  :).
caspervg: Thanks. I really do hope you'll turn in from time to time here  :thumbsup:.
bat: Thank you, glad you like both of them  :).
paroch: Thanks alot. It's great to read, that you like the layout of my city. As most of you like that I show the Lots in the LE first I will continue to do this. And if you can locate some English buildings, that would be very appreciated  :).
sciurus54: That's "Ympyratalo". You can find it on the STEX. Thanks. Oh, sounds stupid, but could you please edit your post and take out the picture. It's widening most of our screens. Thanks in advance..

All your words really honour me!! Thanks.

Update #7

So Update #7... It's the biggest so far!
First I can proudly announce, that Laon is now, after the recommendation by paroch and being voted in by the  existing members, a member of the IPON (Independent Pact Of Nations).

Then I can also proudly say, that one of my pictures, though never shown here, was voted into the Hall Of Fame. Thanks to all voters.
You can view it here: Click me  :)

So now I come to the "real update"  :satisfied:.
First I'll show you the Lots, then some in-game pictures. Hope you enjoy.

Lot 1:

Lot 2:

Lot 3:

Lot 4:

Lot 5:

Lot 6:

Lot 7:

Now those were the Lots for the Quarter, I'm not sure if that's all of the Parisian/French Quarter. But first I will concentrate on other things now.

You can click on the pics for full view (1024x768)!
I think I'll write a few sentences to the pictures.

You can drive through that plaza, because it's a shopping complex. And you wouldn't like to cross an avenue everytime you want to visit another shop, would you?

An overview about the french quarter. Looking south.

I know, that the dude on the statue is not Napoléon Bonaparte, but it's supposed to be  :D. Anyway: Napoléon Plaza... Please ignore the cars, it looks strange... I use traffic generators, since my population isn't that big, yet &mmm

Shopping area. Not much to say. In the front there's a school plaza in the center court. I don't know why it looks crappy from that view. Look at the next screen.

Someone's even letting a kite flying  :P

Trucks bringing new stuff to the shopping center  ;D  ::)

Somehow this is my favourite picture of this update, that's why the 1024x768 picture is uploaded as .png, so that you can see the real quality of Laon :p.
You definatley see the difference. Saving as .jpg really takes away alot of quality.

The Ympyratalo serves as Hotel for the middle-class but also for the richer people.

Another view. I personally like that bed with the Istriniustrees in it.

Ships can stop there and let people step out.

Nothing much to say. On the right "Place of the united nations"...

And lastly... another overviewpic. Looking west.

This update took ALOT of time to realise and to write. So please take just a few seconds to write a comment.
It keeps this MD alive and it would be appreciated by me,
Fabian  ;)

Oh and I wish all of you a happy new year!

rooker1

Fabian,

Your update and LOTting skills are great.  There is no need to ask for comments, they'll come don't worry about that.  You keep up this type of work and you'll have so many comments you won't know what to do with them.
Some of those LOTs look like they are approching the 100 prop mark and I know exactly how long it takes to do something like that.
I'll definately be back for more.
Robin  &apls
Call me Robin, please.