• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Laon

Started by Fabian93, November 19, 2008, 11:29:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sciurus

Thanks Fabian! :thumbsup:
And it is still beautiful, just that! &apls
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Geronimo

Impressive work there, looks fantastic and must have been quite time-demanding as well..  :thumbsup:
Keep it up your lotting skills are amazing and this is interessting stuff!

Happy new year everyone!! :party:

paroch

Hi Fabian,

I can believe that this update took plenty of time to complete.  The detail on those lots is very impressive.  They are obviously very well thought out and they all fit together brilliantly. 

In the final overview picture - I really like the block in the bottom left corner - I like the way the old and modern style buildings work together really well - you see things like that in RL so often.

And of course- a big congrats on your joining of IPON.

Happy New Year

Paul

kbieniu7

What can I say more: awesome work &apls
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

praiodan

Wooo, Fabian, congrats on having Laon become OSITM! A very well deserved one  :thumbsup:

bokrif

Laon looks incredible! Good job!

sebes

Hallo Fabian - this was my first time to visit your MD, and what a great showcase you have here. All pictures, lots and mosaïcs are very well made my friend. I enjoyed my stay here - so will for sure return and following the developments in this wonderful MD!  :satisfied:
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

paroch

Hey OSITM for Laon -  &apls &apls &apls many congratulations

This is a big honour that not many MDs get so soon after starting - you should be very pleased and proud.

And I look forward to seeing more from Laon during this month.

thundercrack83

Congratulations, Fabian93!

- The Staff

Jmouse

Congratulations Fabian93! I've been hearing some really good things about Laon and I plan to make time this weekend to look it over from start to finish.

Later...
Joan

bat

Congrats for that!
Looking forward to more...

art128

Hey Fabian, congrats for your OSITM   &apls &apls
It's very well deserved,
Can't wait to see more pictures !

Arthur.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

chester

WOW! when i just want to switch a texture or change a few props on a lot it takes me forever, and i lose patience quickly. this has obviously taken alot of time and effort and it really shows. it looks great! &apls

Haljackey

Welcome to OSITM Fabian93!  With all these fantastic mosaics, its no wonder why you made it here!

I look forward to more from you.  Enjoy OSITM!

Best,
-Haljackey

rooker1

Hello Fabian,
Congrats on your well deserved move to OSITM. 
Like other before me have said, there is no wonder why you are here so quickly with the pics you have shown us so far.  I look forward to your month here.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

dedgren

Fabian- Your great work with the Lot Editor deserves way more than two seconds.  Laon has a very, very impressive start, and your willingness to take the time to explore customization at the level of detail your pics display should take you very, very far.

This is a fine MD, my friend.  Best of luck, both as OSITM, and down the road.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

TheTeaCat

Incredible pics you shown here. The level of detail is just amazing.
As others have said no wonder you got OSITM so quick.

Will be keeping my eye on this

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

kant01

Beautiful job here!  &apls I love your use of canals and the tree-lined streets are just lovely :) looking forward to more!

Fabian93

Replies

All: Thank you so much, everyone!  &apls The number of replies is amazing. Usually I write individual answers, but I don't know so many words for "thanks".  :P

Update #8

Yes, I'm back.
First of I want to apologize to everyone for not writing an update since, I don't know... 50 days? This is not nice from me, especially because I was an OSITM, and maybe another one would have used this chance way better  &mmm.
My old city had an error, I don't know, but some Lots.. I can not explain... the buildings were appearing as a strange grey sculpture?! I don't know how this was caused.
Anyway, I started new... if you think I should start a new MD because of this, please let me know.
The pictures from this update are take from a little bit more far than before... or not? I can not tell, since I've changed to a widescreen-monitor and everything seems different.
Ok... so:

I hope you liked it. Please tell me what you think.
In the next update I'll show you some more close-up shots... like the last 4  ;).
Oh.. and could the Moderators please put this topic back into "Recently Published"? - Thanks

Edit: Before more post like this come: No, I'm NOT! trying to recreate Berlin. Actually I know the middle district very well, so you don'T need to tell me that I'm wrong. because I'm not even recreating Berlin.. This is Laon.

Fabian

paroch

Very nice indeed Fabian.  Great attention to detail and a very grand looking city centre there.  It still looks like Laon to me, so I think you should keep the same MD.