• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

riiga's BAT projects (Currently: Small Swedish grocery store)

Started by riiga, December 19, 2010, 06:24:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

riiga

Welcome to my BAT thread!

Releases:

Current project:
Small Swedish grocery store

Current progess:
Basic geometry and texturing done.

- riiga

noahclem

I'm familiar with your toll booth but didn't realize you'd been doing signs. They look really good (and extremely similar to what we have here in Finland). I'd be interested in having typical Finnish speed limits on the signs, typically 40, 60, 80, 100, 120, and occasionally (though I've never seen one) 130.

Are those signs done as lots with transparent base textures and transit-enabled lots? Not sure if it's something you're interested in, but it'd be nice to have overhanging one so you could leave a space between it and RHW so you don't get that ugly light green color. Or one that was a mayor-mode ploppable if that's even possible.

Let me know what you think   ;)

metasmurf

Quote from: noahclem on December 19, 2010, 08:57:17 AM
it'd be nice to have overhanging one so you could leave a space between it and RHW so you don't get that ugly light green color.

Good idea. I'd like this too.

riiga

I'd be interested in having typical Finnish speed limits on the signs, typically 40, 60, 80, 100, 120, and occasionally (though I've never seen one) 130.
I'll see what we can do about that. Do you know the font on the Finnish signs? Otherwise I'll just use Tratex (the Swedish one), since our signs are practically the same.

Are those signs done as lots with transparent base textures and transit-enabled lots? Not sure if it's something you're interested in, but it'd be nice to have overhanging one so you could leave a space between it and RHW so you don't get that ugly light green color. Or one that was a mayor-mode ploppable if that's even possible.
Quote from: metasmurf on December 22, 2010, 01:16:18 AM
Good idea. I'd like this too.
Yes, they're transparent, and some are TE'd. As for leaving the extra space, I figure you can use filler piece since they're in the latest NAM. Mayor-mode ploppables I have no experience modding...  &mmm

For now, I've made some new Swedish exit signs by request from metasmurf.

And a distance sign.

riiga

noahclem

I believe the font for Finnish signs is the exact same one. If it's different it's too similar to tell the difference.

Your new signs look great!  &apls

riiga

CasperVg

These look great, riiga! Can't say I'm a big fan of Swedish roadsign design, but you sure make it look splendid!
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

riiga

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Pette94

Since im also from Sweden, i really enyoy seeing and using your creations! I really like em'  :thumbsup:

I was just thinking, what about maybe making some Swedish stores and houses like max, frasses or maybe ica in the future? That would be awesome  :D
Hey!

riiga

Quote from: Fresh Prince of SC4D on January 08, 2011, 05:03:12 PM
Also, I have a idea for an request riiga. What do think of signs of ski resorts?
It sounds like an interesting idea. Any special details about this, like what text goes on the signs, any particular font, etc?

Quote from: Pette94 on January 09, 2011, 10:14:32 AM
I was just thinking, what about maybe making some Swedish stores and houses like max, frasses or maybe ica in the future? That would be awesome  :D
Well, time will tell. Starting tomorrow (10th of January), I'm back to school and have some tests coming up the nearest weeks, so don't except much from me until February.  &mmm

As for requests, here's the current queue:

• noahclem: Finnish speed limit signs (30, 40, 60, 80, 100, 120)
  • Fresh Prince of SC4D: Some kind of ski resort signs
  • Pette94: Swedish store or fast food restaurant

WC_EEND

err riiga, just to let you know that the download link for the roadsings points to the RHW-2 tollbooth ;)

Xander
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

riiga

Quote from: WC_EEND on January 09, 2011, 10:45:55 AM
err riiga, just to let you know that the download link for the roadsings points to the RHW-2 tollbooth ;)

Xander
Thanks, I've fixed that now!  :thumbsup:

riiga

Ok, I'm back to some BATing. Here's my latest project, an RHW-4 toll booth!

Note: Currently, there are only Euro textures for the toll booth.

Sciurus

Very nice and useful! &apls I wait for more!

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

vester

Very nice.

Maybe you could do a more Scandinavian looking one:

Pictures from Øresundsbron / the Øresund Bridge.

MandelSoft

He's already modeling one after a Scandinavian one :P
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

riiga

So, I think it's time to revive this thread.

I've been doing other stuff for quite a while, but getting back to SC4 and trying to build Swedish towns I felt the urge to fill the void of some needed Nordic BATs. I'm currently trying to recreate this typical small grocery store often found in smaller towns:

Here's the progress so far:

I'm not very good with any advanced BATing techniques, and getting the roof to look remotely good has proven quite hard. I tried to use gascooker's old tutoral on pitched roofs, but I ran in trouble with tiling textures. Any advice and comments are welcome.