• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TopCliff

I don't want to sound pushy or anything, but my draggable GLR stations are acting weird on me. I bulldoze a plot, put a station down, and try to drag El-Rail through. No good. Then, I complete the line and try to plop the station right on top. No dice there either. So, the only possible thing left to do is put a station down, and drag El-Rail over the station? I'm just confused because the patch for it made it sound easier than it actually is, and now I'm lost. Any help appreciated. Thank you.
Best movie of all time: Ferris Bueller's Day Off. If you disagree, Cameron will send your car over a cliff.

Please, call me Leo.  I quote John Lennon now, a great musician and philosopher. Particularly, one of his songs: You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one. I hope someday you join us, and the world will live as one.

Meastro444

have you downloaded the Patch for the stations? if not, you should and copy the lotfiles of the stations you use to your plugin folder. those are needed ;)
Friend of the Certified Drama Queen :)

blunderclod

I have noticed that with the RHW and the rail piece that crosses over it tends to cause the automotia to disappear as soon as it hits that spot. Testing further, it seems to happen most when the RHW is westbound and rail crosses over is North to South. The eastbound lane was not affected and traffic flowed smoothly underneath.
The next test was to see if it could because the traffic through that area is side by side, so I gave it a distance of one tile apart.
No change in the result.
I'll be playing around with a bit more and I'll get back with the results.

-blunderclod aka susanmarie

TopCliff

Quote from: Meastro444 on January 08, 2008, 02:42:12 AM
have you downloaded the Patch for the stations? if not, you should and copy the lotfiles of the stations you use to your plugin folder. those are needed ;)

I DLed the patch, and I transferred the LOT files over. Still not working. I decided I'll just use regular stations and connect them with the starter pieces. Thanks for your help though.
Best movie of all time: Ferris Bueller's Day Off. If you disagree, Cameron will send your car over a cliff.

Please, call me Leo.  I quote John Lennon now, a great musician and philosopher. Particularly, one of his songs: You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one. I hope someday you join us, and the world will live as one.

BrooklynBus

I downloaded the NAM last week.  I was trying to build a diagonal LRT.  I can't find any road, street, avenue crossings, etc. for a diagonal line.  The road top station also does not work for a line built diagonally.  Everything else seems to work except for some of the overpasses where I get a message like "Missing setup string."

Is there a patch or additional files that I also need to download?

TopCliff

Well, there's two things. First off, there's a thread for all of you NAM problems in the NAM forum. Secondly, did you read the entire Read-me?

JoeST

Quote from: blunderclod on January 08, 2008, 11:21:06 AM
I have noticed that with the RHW and the rail piece that crosses over it tends to cause the automotia to disappear as soon as it hits that spot. Testing further, it seems to happen most when the RHW is westbound and rail crosses over is North to South. The eastbound lane was not affected and traffic flowed smoothly underneath.
The next test was to see if it could because the traffic through that area is side by side, so I gave it a distance of one tile apart.
No change in the result.
I think it might be that the path for this piece is backwards... do you have Left Hand Side driving? because thats what I have

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

rickmastfan67

Quote from: blunderclod on January 08, 2008, 11:21:06 AM
No change in the result.

-blunderclod aka susanmarie

We are aware of the Rail over RHW-4 problems for the right hand side drivers.  A fix is being worked on to correct it.  It was just one of those small things that got past us somehow in alpha testing period.
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

blunderclod

QuoteWe are aware of the Rail over RHW-4 problems for the right hand side drivers.  A fix is being worked on to correct it.  It was just one of those small things that got past us somehow in alpha testing period

Thank you. You guys rock! :thumbsup:

BrooklynBus

It looks like the Jan. 2008 upgrade solved the overpass problem, but I still have the LRT diagonal problem. 

Thanks. I'll look for the Nam forum, and yes I did read the Readme.

opiq

hi all, i just wanna know is there any possibilities to reduce the poles on the NAM puzzle pieces? like in the first picture (red circled), the poles are only in the middle of the overpass, which looks more realistic as it goes over canal.. but i never can do it (2nd picture)
anyone can give me a clue?
everything is appreciated, thank you very very much...

rooker1

opiq,
You need to use what ever transit network you want over road, street or rail and than use the canal extention peice to cover it up.  I hope you understand and this helps.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

freedo50

What the creator of the first picture has done is to use a road-over-highway(or avenue) piece and then cover up the highway/avenue with the canal water tiles. It's quite a clever idea, and it works well.

Fred

EDITI'll say!  That's a keeper. -DE

opiq

great, thank you freedo & rooker..
i'll put it right on..
i think that is the most reasonable solution for it..
again, thanx a lot...

DrPepper

Oh hey, Yeah, I just removed all the plugins and left Nam there. Then I re-installed NAM then put all the plugins back. For some odd reason it works now. Ha, weird.

thx anyway Kev. ;)
-DrPepper  ;)

R U A Great Bat Lighter? Great I need one!
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=3571.0

Kitsune

Is there any plans to be make new pieces for the blank tile without poles? It could come in very handy.
~ NAM Team Member

SC4BOY

I feel pretty silly posting this, but I've spent a lONG time on this, and I give up... even a search for answers on here and ST and the NAM docs didn't help.

Edit: I finally remembered/recreated it.. I will post it in a tutorial which I will link here when I get it posted. No responses are needed now (well I would still like to know about the GLR/GLR Ave intersection) .. Sorry to bother all.. Its hell getting old.. ;)

I made this GLR over sunken rail bridge a while back and cannot recreate it for the LIFE OF ME.. HELP! lol

I tried my usual "on-slope" method using the glr puzzlepiece as I would for normal rail, avenue, road or whatever and can't make them work. I recall I had to widen the sunken part to 3 wide to do it, but still can't make it work for me again.. I know I'm doing something extremely simple as when I did it before it was not a big deal.. hehe

Also while I'm asking, it there a way to do this intersection:?

where a piece similar to the upper one but with only GLR crossing an avenue and "T-ing" with the avenue GLR? I didnt find one.. It would be nice, but not necessary I suppose.. just being sure I'm not overlooking it. I have figured only one way to get it, but with lots more real estate required.. any ideas?

Thanks for your support.. If this is the wrong place, feel free to move it. Last post I had they moved it TO HERE.. hehe.. I'm just never sure what is what.. sooo....

Paris

When a road crosses the ANT or the ANT crosses a road I get a blank tile at the intersection.

I Only have NAM installed in the plugins folder, the latest release. I have tried it with and without SAM installed, but it made no difference. I have read and searched the forums, but can't seem to find anything specific on this -no doubt someone will point to a dozen posts with this issue  :)

Any suggestions?

Tarkus

Paris, the ANT Plugin has actually been discontinued.  Its features have all been incorporated into the latest version of the Rural Highway (RHW) mod, v20. 

The reason you are getting those blank spots is because the IntersectionSolution RUL, which basically tell the game which texture to place when two different networks cross has been changed for the ANT/Road intersections as part of the latest updates. The update was mainly to solve the issue of all the ANT/ANT and ANT/Road intersections having the same texture defined in the RUL, so that the game could distinguish between them, which we needed to do from a modding standpoint in order to improve network functionality and add new features into the RHW mod.

Hope that answers your question.

-Alex (Tarkus)

nerdly_dood

What I recommend is, unless someone makes a mod to take them away (which I suspect will remove ALL your mid-wealth streetlights) that you drive a tank in U Drive It and shoot the streetlights.  To make sure you shoot things real close to you, well, i can't remember the keyboard commands for it...but you need to lower the barrel and decrease power.  then that will destroy only buildings and props on your networks, it won't destroy your actual networks.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!